facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 25, 2002, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Default No Complaints

When I woke up this morning and saw our final score, I was fuming. We went from 136 for 1 to 215 all out. However, if we leave aside the high hopes that a good start gave us and think back to the start of the match, I think most of us on this board would take 215 in the first innings. Add to that a late wicket and I think we have had a pretty satisfactory first day. Yes, we should have scored 300, yes Tushar, Rafiqul and Sanwar were extremely disappointing, but lets face it, it could have been 115 all out.

If we look at the way Pakistan struggled against Australia on the 'batting paradise' that is Sharjah (averaged 134 in 4 innings), if we consider that Western Australia bowled England out for 221 on Thursday, if we look at the way West Indies is struggling against India in their Test series, I think we can be pretty proud of two consecutive scores of over 200 against South Africa's best bowlers and on their wickets.

Old October 25, 2002, 02:01 PM
Club Cricketer

SA bowlers are starting to look ordinary now - Ntini is fast, Pollock and Kallis seem not too extraordinary fast mediums, Hayward was wayward, Terbrugge was good but they rested him, and Donald retired from test.

It's their batting strength thats formidable with Smith, Gibbs, Kirsten et Al.
Old October 25, 2002, 03:08 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Believe me, they are not ordinary. its our batsmen, who are learning fast and becoming somewhat consistent.

Be proud.
Old October 25, 2002, 04:40 PM
Street Cricketer

Don't take anything away from yourselves - the attack in the first session was pretty poor, but your batsmen took advantage of it very well indeed.

Hayward stinks, selector insanity the only reason he's in the team at all. But the rest have all run through teams like Aus/WI/Pak/India before, for far less than 215. Like Rajputro said, be proud. Look through recent records of teams touring SA (ok, don't look at Australia). You have nothing to be ashamed of at all.

To be honest, I'd say our bowling is better than our batting - Gibbs is our only real class act with a bat.
Old October 25, 2002, 06:10 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default NO, all of you are wrong

It's because I managed to keep my BM shut. Some of you know the power I posses (ok, please don't read this if you are going to take this seriously. *wink*) and our players are helpless against it. I held back and they put on two very decent (world class considering our recent run) performance.

Old October 25, 2002, 08:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, just do us a favour and keep that BM shut. There is still another innings to play in this match, we arent safe yet from your curse.