facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 27, 2002, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Ok, now I\'m mad!

What the f*** just happened?!?!?! 107 all f***ing out! Line them up against the wall...brush fire.

Old October 27, 2002, 11:23 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default *sigh*

Tushar and Rafiqul will have to stand down to give Golla and one of the A team players a shot against West Indies.
Tushar should only be used in ODIs from now on until he starts to show some maturity in the national league and gets some runs in the pracitce tour matches.

Sanwar and lucky Hannan will have to fight to keep their place as well. However, based on the series, they have avoided the first cut. Unfortunately for Rafiqul and Tushar, they must go.

As for the second innings. The players gave up before the South African bowlers could do anything. The last four wickets went without even trying (looks like it). Kapali again showed courage. The batsmen needed to go out there looking to extend the match but they went out aimlessly and got out .......
Old October 27, 2002, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

As far as I am concerned, 4 out of 6 batting places are up for grabs. Bashar and Rokon are the only batsmen who have done enough to be automatic choices for the West Indies series.

Hannan Sarkar and Sanwar are the two who are touch and go. Like I wrote in an earlier post, Hannan was dropped twice in the first innings, at 5 and 26. If he was out at 5, he also would have had a poor Test match. I dont think he deserves an automatic place because he was lucky even though he scored 82 runs. Sanwar did pretty well in the first Test but still has only scored just over 200 in 12 innings. Pretty darned poor. Rafiqul and Tushar are definitely out.

This should give great incentive for the batsmen to do well in the tri-tournament going on in Dhaka because upto four batsmen could find themselves in the Test side for the Windies.

As far as the bowlers are concerned, till the return of Masri, I dont really see anyone much better than these guys. Sharif is alright but I dont really see how he is any better than Tapash or Talha. Unless someone else does something phenomenal, I wouldn't mess with our current bowling line-up too much.
Old October 27, 2002, 05:12 PM
Banned

Default Don\'t be so mad !!

After all, none of us could have done any better - nor could have, as it seems, any of the A team players.

The only change in the tests squad should be Tushar - just the way Tehsin has described. As for the openers, Rokon, Golla, and Hannan will just have to swag it our - who ever has the better form.

As for the bowlers, we know for sure that the only perma are Manju, MASRI (assuming he has his original form after a decent opportunity to get back into normal mode), and Talha. For the 4rth pacer, as for now, we will have to rely on Tareq, Sharif, Taposh.

As for a spinner, if its the sub-continent, MONI gets a chance, otherwise it will only have to be Sanwar, by default as a batsman in the team.

On a personal note, I've really enjoyed this series - its been fun, and hopefully if we can learn how to face bullet bouncers, we'll be far better positioned for next year.
Old October 27, 2002, 05:40 PM
Club Cricketer

The 2 best batsmen for Bangladesh Have been Al Sahariar and Alok
in the 2 tests, They have the best technique according to the south African
commentators, they were very impressed with them and have said they have a bright future. Bashar is a good batsman but he is too attacking, he's had some scores in 20s, 30s and 40s
but hasn't gone onto getting a big score. He must understand that it is not a 1 day game.
Why doesn't Mashud bat at number 3 or 4, he is the only batsmen to last the longest at the crease.

In my opninion the following Players have guranteed places for WI:

Al Sahariar
Alok Kapali
Bashar
Mashud
Talha

The rest of the places are up for grabs.
Old October 27, 2002, 06:13 PM
Banned

Opening Batsman - you are right, the remaining are for grabs.

But, given BD's level of inexperience, we will always have about 50% performing under our (fans) expectations, be it the oldies, boldies, or even the newbies. This means that we will be going around in circles if we keep on cutting so many players. Thus I don't think that we should be making that many changes, even if 5-6 positions are "up for grabs."
Old October 28, 2002, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

i agree with the last post. since a world cup is coming up, it would make sense to retain players on the one day side with experience in south africa. there should be nominal changes unless someone else is in spectacular form.

the test team is perhaps a better place to make changes. it would be nice to see moni return for the WI series. it is doubtful that masri will play anytime soon, i don;t know which other bowler would improve the team in tests or one day.