facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 1, 2002, 09:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Windies finding form at last!!!!

Thank god for that!!!! WI batsmen finding form, beating India into submission. Marlon Samuels is officially the beauty queen batsman of world cricket! He is so good to watch, u guys are going to enjoy watching him bat, trust me, what a treat. I feel kind of sorry for Bangladesh, cause the way Windies were performing in the first 2 tests, Bangladesh could probably have beaten us. However, it has now turned around very quickly, 446/ 5

Old November 1, 2002, 12:48 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Everybody finds form before facing BD.
Old November 1, 2002, 01:49 PM
Banned

Or at worst, after facing us.
Old November 1, 2002, 02:35 PM
Club Cricketer

However, Im not sure what the squad for the Bangladesh Test series is going to be, because the 2 young fast bowlers are going back home after the tests with India, and so they would have to come back to Bangladesh afterwards. I think the word is that the selectors might experiment with the bowling attack, like playing Merv Dillon, 2 young fast bowlers (Lawson,Powell etc) and a young spinner. The batting should remain the same. What about Bangladesh's squad, is that likely to be changed?
Old November 1, 2002, 05:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah these are ominous signs. Sad isn't it? Just when we thought we had a comparatively easier opponent, they find form. Although, it has to be said, the Windies can lose their form just as quickly as they find it. We really ought to do better than we did against SA. If we dont, I'm gonna go into another long break from cricket. It will be too depressing.

WIFAN, yes there will be some changes to the BD team. Atleast in the batting department.
Old November 2, 2002, 01:47 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default WHY ?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

First thing that came to my mind after watching the score this morning. Two partnership worth 170+ against India in their home soil. Why now ?
Te second feeling was offcourse the joy of watching the once great showing some form of old. Good for them.
Old November 2, 2002, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

If Tendulkar and Laxman stick it out, India might draw this Test Match. Under normal circumstances, I would be wishing for a Windies victory but I really don't want them to come to BD with a Test Match win under their belt. There is a massive psychological boost to winning a Test. A draw in this Test will be like a loss for the Windies. A demoralized Windies is our best chance of taking a Test Match into the fifth day!
Old November 2, 2002, 05:15 PM
Club Cricketer

The WI players have been given a real morale boost by the application showed by all the young batsman, and Marlon Samuels was just a joy to behold. People say that the straight drive is Tendulkars trademark shot, but it is now officially Marlons! Seriously, I think Bangladesh batsman will be more competitive against Windies bowlers on those pitches (they will be just like Indian pitches, wont they?). However, give Pow Pow and Lawson responsive pitches, then u guys would be in serious trouble.
Old November 2, 2002, 08:36 PM
Cricket Legend

You won't find responsive pitches in Bangladesh. The pitches, especially the one at BNS in Dhaka, are very batting friendly. However, unresponsive pitches have never stopped foreign bowlers from bowling us out, so don't worry.
Old November 3, 2002, 12:53 PM
Street Cricketer

If haravazan singh or srinath can scor 26 and 21 runs, I bet bangladeshi batsmen can score at least half centuries against WI bowing easily.
Old November 3, 2002, 01:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Actually that is not completetly true.If u look at the statistics of recent WI bowling, they have made a habit of removing most teams top order ver cheaply, and than surrendering meekly to the slogging tailenders. That situation might change now with Powell and Lawson on the scene, but I think your top order will really struggle against WI, but your tailenders might even make al ot of runs!
Old November 3, 2002, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

WIFAN, don't want to burst your bubble, and the Windies bowlers will do well against BD batsmen, thats a given, but this second innings performance was pretty poor. Four wickets on a fifth day pitch is not very good at all, especially when one was through a run out and two of them were Harbajan and Srinath.

It does seem like this WI team has talent but I don't think you should get too excited too fast. I am usually happy when WI does well, and I get excited everytime a young talent comes through. I was excited about Hinds and Gayle, and although they do sometimes show that they can bat, they haven't lived up. Same with Sarwan who still hasn't managed to score a Test century. I hope Samuels first test ton will be a turning point in his career. I even remember how excited I was to see Ricardo Powell when he came into the Windies one day team. Look what happened to him. As for bowlers, there have been the Franklyn Roses, Patterson Thompsons and Nixon Mcleans and none of them have taken the world by storm like they were supposed to. So I think guarded optimism is the way to go mate.

As for BD, our top order has a habbit of surrending meekly only for our lower middle order to salvage some respectability. So I guess it will fit in perfectly with the WI bowling pattern!