facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 4, 2002, 09:14 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Challenge trophy update

News from Bangladesh Radio:

Bangladesh A had won the toss and elected to bowl first.

Bangladesh National Team had scored 286 runs for the loss of 7 wickets.

Hannan Sarkar top scored with 83 runs.

Ashraful took 5 wickets for 90 runs and Hasibul Hussain took 2 wickets for Bangladesh A.

Old November 4, 2002, 10:49 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Poor Ash, has potential in both bowling and batting. But no one wants to send him to any training, all the load of the expectations....
Old November 4, 2002, 01:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Does anyone else have anymore updates on this game. I cant wait for the online Bd newspapers
Old November 4, 2002, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Default ashraful

ashraful continues a useful spell of bowling started back in SL. along with kapali, he should claim an allrounder spot on the test team if he shows improvement with batting. i think a combination of moni, kapali, ashraful and sanwar is what they need for spin department in the tests, with 3 of those 4 being on the team as "batsmen", this group provides a good nucleus to choose from for the series.
Old November 4, 2002, 03:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Hannan Sarkar and Alok Kapali hammered half-centuries as the Bangladesh national team built a solid first day total against the A team in the Challenge Trophy yesterday.

On the day one of the four-day match at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium, opener Hannan scored 83 while middle-order Kapali added 52 as the senior team, who returned home four days ago from South Africa, had reached 286 for seven at stumps.

Hannan, the right hander who is gradually making a name for himself, faced 140 balls and hammered 13 boundaries before being trapped leg before by paceman Hasibul Hossain.

Together with his partner Al Shahriar, Hannan put on 92 runs for the first wicket.

The stand was broken just before lunch when Al Shahriar while trying sweep a delivery from leg-spinner from Mohammad Ashraful, only succeeded to top edge to Ehsanul at square leg.

Al Shahriar scored 35 in his 112-minute knock that included five boundaries.

The national team then suffered a mini-collapse losing three wickets in less than ten overs. Ashraful, who is trying to make a comeback after dropped despite making 75 against Sri Lanka recently, created havoc in the Bangladesh middle order finishing with five for 90.

But with the national team on 165 for four, Kapali and Sanwar Hossain salvaged the innings adding 55 runs for the sixth wicket.

Kapali, a revelation during the tour of South Africa, once again showed his temperament for longer-version games by facing 112 balls for his 52. It featured just nine fours.

Later Khaled Mahmud propelled the national team towards the three-hundred-mark with 34 before becoming the fifth victim of Ashraful.

He fell after Minhazul Abedin took a brilliant catch in the slips at his second attempt.

Old November 4, 2002, 04:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, 286 for seven is nothing to write home about but its not bad either. Hannan and Rokon had another good first wicket stand. This is very encouraging. I am happy that Kapali is continuing his good form with the bat and that Sanwar took part in an important partnership. Since they were not mentioned, I am guessing that Golla, Sumon, Tushar and Rafiqul did not do anything of note. Three of the four must have played.

I really hope that Ashraful can follow his bowling success with a good score. At the end of the day, he has to get in as a batting all-rounder.

By the way, how many times do these teams play each other? Is it just one round and then a final?
Old November 4, 2002, 04:46 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Same old, same old

"The national team then suffered a mini-collapse losing three wickets in less than ten overs. Ashraful, who is trying to make a comeback after dropped despite making 75 against Sri Lanka recently, created havoc in the Bangladesh middle order finishing with five for 90."

Amazing stuff from the middle orders. Goes to prove that you don't need quality bowlers to destroy our middle order.

Still with 286 on the board after day one, this match should be interesting. I will work on the stats for this matches starting Wednesday.
Old November 4, 2002, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

That is exactly why I am not getting over excited by Ashraful's performance. If he spun a web around the batsmen and basically bamboozled them, thats great. But I have a sinking feeling that our batsmen got themselves out by playing silly shots before they got set.
Old November 5, 2002, 06:52 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Seezan

Poor Seezan does better at home against home opponents then against outsiders.
Anyways, not a bad day for him and Akram. The others will look forward to the second innings.

231 for 6 from 67 for 4. Nice recovery. Goes to show how weak our national bowling is.
Old November 5, 2002, 07:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, I had said that it would be great if one of the younger guys did well. Its good that he went on to hit a century and not get carried away after 60 or 70 like most of our batsmen do. Akram also followed up his 47 with a half century. Bulbul go out when his cap fell on the stumps and dislodged the bail. Truly bizzare.
Old November 6, 2002, 01:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think it's great to see most of our opening bats, including Jubair from the Development Sqaud, getting good scores. How i wish Opee gets back to form, easily one of our most elegant batters when he gets going.

By the way, I actually saw Ash bowl.And he bowled well.I think the vacant no. 5 position should go to him, no?

By the way, i have a question for you guys.Does anyone know why Bidyut is completely out of the pic?Has it anything to do with the bust up he once had with Greenidge?