facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 7, 2002, 09:21 AM
Club Cricketer

Default To Tehsin

Hey man - I was thinking that it's a shame that in this day and age, we can't watch games are only half the world away. There should be a live video feed of these matches on the net!!

Can we look at doing something like that ? I'd be willing to help you any way I can.

Old November 7, 2002, 11:19 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Sure thing

However, where even a big site like 'homeviewbangladesh' is failing, it'd take huge effort (maybe finances) for us to do it. But, let's take a closer look before we give up on it.
Old November 7, 2002, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

If you guys manage to pull it off, you'll be my gods. If finances are an issue, I am sure everyone will chip in what they can. Give it a try anyway.
Old November 7, 2002, 12:19 PM
Club Cricketer

I don't know what the financial resources are for homeview bangladesh, but I do know that providing live video feeds of cricket matches.

If you think about it, all we need is a tv capture card, a webserver with a fast connection and a copy of real producer.

It doesn't have to be an "industrial quality" website for the entire world.
Old November 7, 2002, 01:03 PM
Street Cricketer

That's a nice idea and you are right, you definitely gotta make it for exclusive use only if you want to do it - mostly because of the cost and moreover we don't want hv quality. Also, there will be some legal issues if it's public.

But...
who is going to provide the coverage? Bangladesh doesn't even show all the matches.

If we got the money! everything is possible.... so, start charging!! [age wise! and free for student.]

For now, I just thought of a very cheap idea. Get the guy who has live coverage, and make him face his webcam toward his tv. We can all watch it from yahoo video chat or Raj's fav. Paltalk or whatever. (HEHE)
Old November 7, 2002, 01:10 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Solusion

Having a site to do live coverage of the sports is huge. We are looking at the broadcast cost, then bandwidth cose, hosting, the applications, developing, its a lot.

I do have an easier solusion. it will need about 10 people spend 50 dollars each for the WC serise. and do the following steps.

1. 10 of us give around 50 dollars to Tehsin.
2. He signs up for the WC Dish (My guess is 400 dollars).
3. We need to get the Paltalk nick registered so that we each can see live video feeds.
4. On the game time, a private locked room "BanglaCricket" will be opened in Paltalk. Only the paid members will know the password to get in.
5. Tehsin bhai will set the webcam infront of the TV, lock the mic, turn the paltalk room video on.
6. We will be able to see and hear the game live.

This is the only easy solusion I found.
Old November 7, 2002, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

what's the quality of this last solution>? you can do a test of any dish program at a predesignated time and find out. if the quality is verifiable, people might want to join in.
Old November 7, 2002, 01:50 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Oh Man!!!...

That leaves Tehsin with hundread dollars and a free live game off the TV on his big screen - you got Tehsin's vote.

Brother Raj, you were probably writing your message while I was posting mine. I had you in my mind when I was replying.... But are you serious?? I don't know how paltalk works.... Is it capable of rendering videos via tv cards? Otherwise, I do not think web cam coverage is worth 50 bux. Moreover, by WC'03 Homeview will probably be up and running. I think we were focusing on the windies series.

I also think $500 dollars is sufficient enough to cover the costs if the server is run from Bangladesh...because
*There is no bill for ESPN star (200 taka per month - you get like 500 channels..) So that leaves out broadcast cost.
*You don't have to pay the techie that much
*Don't have to pay to register at paltalk to see videos (as far as I remember, they charge for that - you know much bette)
*Keep in mind that Games are only few days in the whole one month tour - SO that's a lot of bandwidth saved. Moreover, if only 10 uses it - I don't think Bandwidth will be an issue.

So, If you guys are really into it, my suggestion is contact someone reliable in Bangladesh......Rests are up to you.

[Edited on 7-11-2002 by Dimorph]
Old November 7, 2002, 04:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Using webcam would be bad idea. Video quality would be next to nothing. You need some sort of video capture card. I do use Asus Geforce card that has video capture in it. The quality is excellent. And I have dishnet

[Edited on 7-11-2002 by nasif]
Old November 7, 2002, 04:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Major tournaments like WC isn't a problem. I can probably find someone who has dishnetwork and camp out at their place - problem is the tests and the other matches.

Video capture card is a much better choice than webcam - can that be hooked up to paltalk ?

[Edited on 7-11-2002 by handle]
Old November 7, 2002, 04:38 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Well, dishnet doesn't show any BD matches, unless they are playing india or in major tournament. So for BD matches we need feed from BTV! If only BTV was on dishnetwork !!
Old November 7, 2002, 11:24 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Even BTV doesn't show all test matches live. Proof is the last test series of Bangladesh against South Africa.

P.S. All your posts kept me interested until the point of video capture card came into it; as I have a webcam (although my computer and tv is not in the same room) but don't have a video capture card.
Old November 8, 2002, 12:25 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Something is better than nothing!

Fwullah, How about just live audio feedback if Homeview database is not fixed by then and BTV is not covering the match? - That should be easy.

Even if you had tv card, I don't think it would be in any use - except maybe record it and uploading it for unfortunate folks to view later.... Do you have fast connection?

[Edited on 8-11-2002 by Dimorph]
Old November 8, 2002, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Since me or Tehsin, both in US, I dont think we can have it done in BD. Paltalk might work with video capture card. But that needs testing.

As for now, if Fahmida has the web cam, and can let us see and hear it in the Paltalk, that will be a good start.

A simple start would be good. Slowly we can build up on that.
Old November 8, 2002, 05:57 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I have Grameen broadband connection - fixed price for unlimited connection now - but broadband in Bangladesh does not necessarily mean like any broadband connection in US or Europe. But I know this much is that it is better than newer but not so recognized broadband ISPs in Dhaka.

And my webcam model is AGFA ePhoto CL 18. I need to place the webcam in a very near position to what I want to video as well as the cam needs to be attached to computer all the time for video.

If everybody on this board would like me to help you watch such poor second-hand type TV coverage seriously, then you have to fix a problem as to the distance difference because the room that my computer is in, Grameen's cable connection can only be used in this room. And my TV's cable connection (if BTV does not show the match - I can watch it on ESPN - which is a cable channel) is set for the TV room.

I have been thinking of buying a TV card, but I am not sure.

How does live audio feedback work? Just getting the computer microphone near the TV speaker? When I try to talk with my brother over the internet through yahoo (MSN voice conversation does not work with Grameen), sometimes either my words or his words are unclear - kata - kata hoye ashe.

Old November 8, 2002, 08:35 AM
Administrator

I have a hunch, the BD broadband is really not DSL but simply ISDN.

If you lag in MSN, you will lag in Paltalk. If you didnt have the lagging problem, we could all team up...come up with the one time 500 dollars, and buy you a TV for your room and get you the cable from the dish to the TV. Then you could definitly watch the game with us.

If you are serius, we can start the process, first we can test your mic/lag in paltalk.

Old November 9, 2002, 09:02 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Haha

I like Raj bhai's suggestion. I could have been rich.

Yes, some of those are highly possible but I don't think you will get your money's worth. However, for the Bangladesh matches that are not available on Dish I think the audio option is a great idea for now and I appreciate Fahmida for going along with the idea and suggesting some solutions on that.

For the TV card, I can always send one from here but is there any guarantee that it will work ? We can try the webcam but don't think the reception will be that good and let's not forget the lag WHICHEVER way we go. What we CAN do is write to homeviewBangladesh.com and have all of us sign in on that and then we can realease it on different forums and maybe urge the admin/owners there to show the matches on live through the system they used before.

I was going to throw in some incentives (for HVB) but didn't want to make them too greedy. Why pay for something that we can get for free. *wink*

Meanwhile we can look around and see if there is any other viable solutions. Tech is so advanced today, we might stumble onto something. Let's keep an eye on what's out there and if you do find something, please bring it up. Thank you.

By the way, I had plans to buy the whole package like I did the last time. However, I have another option open for me. They shows most matches on the Indian THEATER (HUGE SCREEN) for nominal price, I might just go and enjoy my matches there unless I feel really really lazy. I just had to let you know guys know. I can see some of you turning green in envy, Muhahahahhaha.