facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 27, 2006, 05:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Anyone's a fair target, except for Rafique.

I would agree but would insert the word "objectively". Having said that, I would not know what to say about Rafique. He is in an exalted position and rightly so.

Old April 27, 2006, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
for the next 10 years we will continue to bash the one and only ash.
Haha ... if he stays that longer in the team.
Old April 27, 2006, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Haha ... if he stays that longer in the team.
good point. The way Sakib, Mehrab performing there is a big IF.
Old April 27, 2006, 09:47 PM

All the young so called talented bunch but oldies.
Old April 27, 2006, 11:46 PM

Ashraful failed yet again. HA HA HA! [Sad!]
Old April 28, 2006, 02:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

xcept Rafiq.. every-1....
Old April 28, 2006, 02:15 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

If bashing results in some good comeback, I am ready to Bash everyone except Rafiq.
Old April 28, 2006, 02:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
The very idea of a no.6 stopping a collapse is defeatist ! If you have Rana in mind for that position, its even more ridiculous( he is an insult to that no.6 spot ) and something even a 50 yr old fan would find strange.
Have someone else in mind other than Aftab? Whom do you want? Alok Kapali? The guy cant even cross 13 in an ODI and you want him no matter what? Put Rana in and he will deliver and history/stat says it all. I persoanally think Rana can easily come at 7/8 and wil do just fine.

Putting some talent label guy who does not deliver, never wins any matches (or MoM in that regard) is real strange. No matter what you say, when it comes down to just Rana and Alok, Rana is a better option, that is not ridiculous thats a fact. If Alok's style or look is something you prefer for your pleasure, thats a different story.
Old April 28, 2006, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
The very idea of a no.6 stopping a collapse is defeatist ! If you have Rana in mind for that position, its even more ridiculous( he is an insult to that no.6 spot ) and something even a 50 yr old fan would find strange.
Logically right but wrong in fact when Kapali is the man we dream.
Old April 28, 2006, 06:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

ashraful.... he is an idiot. has some shots but only 1 thing this guy doesn't have is the cricket sense.
Old April 28, 2006, 06:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I think we the BD cricket fans just loved to bash ChaCha (khaled mahmood). But now that he have retired, there is a vaccum created and none of the players were able to fill up the gap. There is no more common enemy #1 in the team. Now fans are confused and divided. Therefore now you see so many threads bashing so many players.

At present the currents leaders are: Gullu, Bashar, Ash, Alok and Rana. Lets see at the end of the day, who will be the clear winner.

My guess is, it will be Gullu. But then again after his retirement (which will happen pretty soon) we will be back to square one, without a clearcut leader again.
really one of the best post i have read
Old April 28, 2006, 07:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Fazal bhaiyer postgulu portey moja lagey

Whom to bash - Ashraful
Why? - U all know!!! Duh!
Old April 28, 2006, 09:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Logically right but wrong in fact when Kapali is the man we dream.
Ya you are right... but who cares about facts specially if they don't back up with your dream. Facts are for people who don't know anything about cricket and cannot appriciate or identifies the talent.....

Therefore trust what the experts says in this board... say the following three times
"Rana is an embarassment at #6"
"Ash, Aftab and Alok are the man....they would take us to the dream land becuase they have talent, others dont? Why I? Beacuse I said so"
"Get rid of gullu, he is no good any more"

And then go to bed.... trust me every thing will be fine... you will see a good dream... but after that when you wake up.... well lets think about that later.

Last edited by Fazal; April 28, 2006 at 09:22 AM..
Old April 28, 2006, 09:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
If Alok's style or look is something you prefer for your pleasure, thats a different story.
I was thinking the same! What do you see in Alok? How did he perform after the recall? The truth is he hasn't performed for a long time - neither in domestic nor in IC. You guys still support him.

So when reyme makes that comment, it doesn't surprise me at all.
Old April 28, 2006, 09:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Fazal,

Just curious, where have you been for so long?
Old April 28, 2006, 09:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Therefore trust what the experts says in this board... say the following three times
"Rana is an embarassment at #6"
"Ash, Aftab and Alok are the man....they would take us to the dream land becuase they have talent, others dont? Why I? Beacuse I said so"
"Get rid of gullu, he is no good any more"

And then go to bed.... trust me every thing will be fine... you will see a good dream... but after that when you wake up.... well lets think about that later.
Allow me to finish what happens after you wake up.

124 all out. The man (3 wise men) scored a total of 19 against an attack best described as debudant.
Old April 28, 2006, 02:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

It was very pleasant to read this thread. But after all these analysis for poisition number and job definition there is one/two or three person(s) who actually been ruling matches when BD played a stronger opponent. The umpires! If the Hariharan's hang around, if a batsmen is given out when after losing 4 wickets he becomes steadied for a long partnership to save the test match when world's number one captain dares to defy a decision to make the change and gets it, the huge mind game is played. When you come up with determination to do something for your nation and get out in both innings by controversial Leg Before's before even playing twenty balls the question remains. If Shahriar's are given out like they were given in the third ball of a game that can easily break the backbone of the inspiration in your heart. You cannot capitalize over a greater opponent when they play with 12 to 15 players. There will be hundred years gone BD will never be able to win a test match against a formidable opponent. I wonder what is left for ICC after givng LBW the most prominent batsman of BD at the third ball of an ODI with a loud thick clear INSIDE EDGE. This is the inside edges of cricket.
Old April 28, 2006, 04:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Everyone besides Bashar.

And ASH will top the list any given day.
Old April 28, 2006, 06:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
It was very pleasant to read this thread. But after all these analysis for poisition number and job definition there is one/two or three person(s) who actually been ruling matches when BD played a stronger opponent. The umpires! If the Hariharan's hang around, if a batsmen is given out when after losing 4 wickets he becomes steadied for a long partnership to save the test match when world's number one captain dares to defy a decision to make the change and gets it, the huge mind game is played. When you come up with determination to do something for your nation and get out in both innings by controversial Leg Before's before even playing twenty balls the question remains. If Shahriar's are given out like they were given in the third ball of a game that can easily break the backbone of the inspiration in your heart. You cannot capitalize over a greater opponent when they play with 12 to 15 players. There will be hundred years gone BD will never be able to win a test match against a formidable opponent. I wonder what is left for ICC after givng LBW the most prominent batsman of BD at the third ball of an ODI with a loud thick clear INSIDE EDGE. This is the inside edges of cricket.
Now, there is a good excuse.
SN got a bad decision and 10 other guys are demoralized and gave up. If that's the metality then we just need play 1 guy for every game and by that account Ash will be playing most of the games for BD.
Since you are so eager to put it all on the umpire, how about the LBW of Gilchrist on the 2nd ODI? The ball pitched mostly outside the wicket to wicket zone and he was still given out.
The fact is there will be bad decision and stronger teams will get the benefit of the doubt more than weaker teams. That's not going to change whether it is AUS on top or BD on top.
Old April 28, 2006, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Javed Omar.

Search my posts and all anti-JO threads for answer of "why"
Non of them make sense but

Anyway back on topic... I think I would have Ash out for not 1 but several ODIs
Old April 29, 2006, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

I want to bash Dav Whatmore.

E Shalar Baba - Ekta Lathi Maara Dorkar.