facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old June 23, 2006, 05:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Default what is the aftermath of yellow card?

I’m quite confused about the yellow card rules and regulation in this world cup. Could any of you please answer the following questions.

I have noticed in the argentina/Holland match, many of their key players were omitted in fear of getting another yellow card. Most of them already holding one yellow card each from the previous match.
Now my question is- since they haven’t played the match corresponding to the match where they received the yellow card, will they still be holding the old card in record in the next match(second round) ? or it will be a total new ball game from the top with no record?

If yes,
Then single yellow card holders can omit one game and come in the next match with no record? Or is there something to do with the level I mean second round/quarter final?
If No,
Then in case if they received yet another yellow card in the 2nd round, they will miss the next match in quarter final if their team escalates to the next level. Right?

One last question: Lets say Ronaldo is standing alone in the offence with no opposition players ahead of him. Suddenly Ronaldinho shoots (multiple enemy players ahead) the ball from the midfield directly to the post. Will it be considered as offside because of Ronaldo?

thanks
Old June 23, 2006, 06:28 AM
Test Cricketer

as far as i know...if you get a yellow in say 1st game...and you dont get a yellow in your second game, than your old card record doenst count if you get a yellow in 3rd game....

1st game: yellow
2nd game:no yellow
3rd game: yellow
4th game: can play

else

1st game: yellow
2nd game: yellow
3rd game: cannot play...
Old June 23, 2006, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Everybody would start with 0 yellow card againest his name in second round. But if one get 2 yellow cards in the first round (not necessarilly consecutive game) he would miss a game. So Zidane is not playing today because he got yellow card in first 2 matches and Essien of Ghana would not play in second round though he got his yelow card in 1st and 3rd match. However Robben (assuming Holland win) would not miss QF even he got a yellow card in his second round match because his card from first round would not be considered.
Old June 23, 2006, 08:27 AM
Cricket Legend

thebest is right . if someone earns 2 yellow at the end of 1st round then he will miss the 2nd round game. but the players earning just one yellow in 1st round will have no card with them once they start 2nd round.

about that ronaldo scenerio, i think he would be offside even if the ball is not directed to him.