facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 11, 2006, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I think reporters should go to these areas and cover these stories and incidents to unmask and tell the real stories on what is going on at the borders and who are responsible for creating such uncalled death and disturbance.

Old August 11, 2006, 07:00 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Bharat, get your facts right. Bangladesh is NOT against the fencing. They just want it to be done according to the 1974 Border Accord, 150 years away from no man's land. Since it's in India's interest to do the fencing, they have to do it inside their own their border, as far inside as necessary. So if India breaches international law and harm our citizens then BDR will always respond.
Old August 11, 2006, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

This is an act of war.

Why don't they pick someone their own size?

Curried Jumbos.
Old August 11, 2006, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
i think its time to take israel's stance...for every Bangladeshi life, we should go and kill 20 indians... who the **** they think they are??
its easier said than done.
Old August 12, 2006, 01:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolf_hitler
its easier said than done.
may be thats why im sitting here in the comfy environment of Sydney and utterring those words mate...

but then again..something needs to be said agains the atrocites of those indians..
they r killing our tiny nation every single way possible...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 12, 2006, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Last time Indian BSF tried intruding into Bangladesh territory in 2001 they lost 16 men(unofficially the casualties were much higher):

Here are few shots to remind that incident
Photos: Courtsey of www.bdmilitary.com

2 captured BSF personals being taken to Dhaka on board a Mi-17 helicopter

Major General Fazlur Rahman leading BDR from the front.

Old August 12, 2006, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
may be thats why im sitting here in the comfy environment of Sydney and utterring those words mate...

but then again..something needs to be said agains the atrocites of those indians..
they r killing our tiny nation every single way possible...
Ok, lets take take your on your advice, do what Isreal is doing to Lebanon. Bangladesh is a tiny and above all extremely weak country, and those BSF is just a 1/1000 th fraction of what India can come up with if the conflict escalates. Its more likely that if we act tough, we might end up like Lebanon, not the otherway round.

You are talking about punishing a regional superpower and thats something better stayed illusion. The last thing i want is Indian jets zooming past my apartment Dhaka.

Yes your right it sucks to be bullied but in this world with no justice (just look at Lebanon for a second) where might is right, you have no choice but keep the bully content.
Old August 12, 2006, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Some people are bringing up comparison of India-Bangladesh clash with Israel-Lebanon. But the situation in the 2 regions is not quite the same. India has over 600,000 troops stationed only in Kashmir and have even bigger headache with emerging global Superpower China. At the same time, there is independence movement in the NE states of India(namely Assam, Nagaland). So any major clashes with Bangladesh will be a strategic nightmare for India.

In ME, Israel is unchallened in the region. None of the countries (Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia) can match Israel's firepower. So Israel got the license to do whatever they want. But in South Asia, India will have to face major pressure from China and Pakistan at other fronts in case of war with Bangladesh. Moreover, Indian BSF is not that technologically superior to BDR.

But saying this I do admit that Bangladesh airforce and Navy is no match for India, so they can cause extensive damage on our infrastructure if any kind of major conflict errupts.Bangladesh should try to have friendly relationship with all the neighbouring countries, but attack on our territory should not be tolerated. Its better to lead a life of independence than that of subjugation under a bigger neighbour.
Old August 12, 2006, 03:48 PM
Club Cricketer

The BJP president fella is now sabre rattling and saying India should consider doing a Lebanon on Bangladesh:

Attack terror camps across the border: BJP

You see the amount of anti-Bangladesh invective in large parts of the Indian media... Both the government and the opposition should protest such asanine comments vigorously, but I fear this will be used again for petty politics with one side blaming the other for things coming to this.
Old August 12, 2006, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
The BJP president fella is now sabre rattling and saying India should consider doing a Lebanon on Bangladesh:

You see the amount of anti-Bangladesh invective in large parts of the Indian media... Both the government and the opposition should protest such asanine comments vigorously, but I fear this will be used again for petty politics with one side blaming the other for things coming to this.
Relax
This kind of idiot show up in every now and then and disappear. I bet not many people in India even heard of this fella even though he is the president of BJP. He is talking about open war and I am sure Indian Government has other issues to worry about than take his call.

Lets hope he doesn't become the supreme commander of India's military. Because, that day wouldn't look very good.
Old August 12, 2006, 09:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous

man that guy is sooo funny... he cracks me up...
he thinks he is Zeus and this is ancient Greece..

could u guys recognise the bush-like tone in his voice as well???
esp, when he says that the neighbouring countries are becoming a terrorist hub and that is becoming a security issue for India. he he..

well..i dare him and india to declare an all out war on all its neighbours... that wud be funny man...

oder obostha hobe " vikkha chaina tor kutta theka" situation.

what a takla idiot.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 12, 2006, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

A question:

When did JMB or Jamaat party ever threaten India so this tackla has to get high blood?
Old August 14, 2006, 03:22 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

War against Bangladesh: BJP chief's plea condemned

http://nation.ittefaq.com/artman/pub...le_29917.shtml

Bangladesh summons Indian diplomat over Rajnath's comment

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/article...315396&sid=SAS

Rajnath Singh hospitalised

Sunday, August 13, 2006 21:09 IST

HYDERABAD: BJP President Rajnath Singh was admitted to a private hospital in Secunderabad on Sunday following an intestine problem, a hospital spokesman said.

Singh, who was in Hyderabad to attend a marriage function, developed throat infection and was sweating when he was rushed to the hospital, the sources said.

Old August 14, 2006, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
HYDERABAD: BJP President Rajnath Singh was admitted to a private hospital in Secunderabad on Sunday following an intestine problem,

Lets hope he goes into a coma like Ariel Sharon and doesn't wake up. Its in the interest of our country that this guys stays zipped.