facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 18, 2006, 01:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
"While her real birthday is April 21, Queen Elizabeth also enjoys an official birthday—this year on June 17 -- when the fickle English weather is deemed more favourable for outdoor festivities."- newAgeBD

If Queen Elizabeth can have two birthdays why not Queen Khaleda? Thats not the issue. The issue is choosing Aug 15 as her latest official birthday sometime just after AL came to power 1st time afrer Sheik Mujib's death .
mate, as far as i understand, Queen's birthday are meant to be a celebration for her subjects. so it makes sense to have an official day where the people can enjoy the beautiful, short summer of England. cuz we also get the day off here in Australia, as she is the Head of State in this country ( constituitionally).

but we dont celebrate Khaleda, Hasina, Earshad or for that matter even Bongobondhu's birthday ( subject to political view point) on a national scale. so Khaleda Zia celebrating on the 15th of August, if not true which i assume it isnt, is nothing but a cheap dirty trick which shows the lack of respect and education on her behalf.

i dont want to go into farther political debate over the issue, but im sure we all know the role Bongobondhu played on the reconciliation of her with her husband President Zia right after the Muktijuddho. if such is the case, she for above everyone, should hv known better to respect the man, even if not as a political party, but as a personal thing.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old August 18, 2006, 01:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
All I can say is Most of us have a 2nd bday because of the school system? Am I right?
I don't know where u got the 19th date and no one says anything about that. Where ever i hard the issue being discussed they all say she have 3 badya one is 15th one 19th and the other by certificate but when i ask the same people where they found the 19th one they can't answer maybe sydny bhai can answer me. I know you mentioned in biography but that could be typo, have anyone came forward and said that they have the proof from some where about the date(I am thinking somebody must have recorded the interview while making the biography ...)
I am not trying to attack anyone just trying to pursue the issue here.
mate..i dont hv a hard proof on my hand, but i believe it was referencing on the publication of her biography after she came in power in 1991 election. now up untill AL declared 15th of August as a national holiday when it was thier turn to govern the country, no body heard of 15th August as Khaleda Zia's birthday.

im sure there will be some copy of her old biography somewhere out there. if anyone does, please come forward and validate the statement. mind u, it has to be the one published during 91-95. cuz im sure in her recent books, she has 15th August as her so called birthday.

I am NOT an AL follower or supporter, neither of BNP.

But it really frustastes and angers me to see the lack of respect and recognition of The Father of Our Nation, Bongodondhu Sheikh Mujibor Rahman. For all he has done for our country ( prior and during the liberation war), he deserves way much more than what he is credited and viewed as.

Personally, he is a HERO to me and would always remain like that.
Old August 18, 2006, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

This is Bangladesh, dont expect any high standard from the politicians whose moral values are as bad as Dhaka's garbage system.
Old August 18, 2006, 03:03 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
"While her real birthday is April 21, Queen Elizabeth also enjoys an official birthday—this year on June 17 -- when the fickle English weather is deemed more favourable for outdoor festivities."- newAgeBD

If Queen Elizabeth can have two birthdays why not Queen Khaleda? Thats not the issue. The issue is choosing Aug 15 as her latest official birthday sometime just after AL came to power 1st time afrer Sheik Mujib's death .
The Queen doesn't hide her birthday, and actually explains the reason for the different celebration date. I don't see that for KZ, so the analogy does not hold.
Old August 18, 2006, 03:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
The Queen doesn't hide her birthday, and actually explains the reason for the different celebration date. I don't see that for KZ, so the analogy does not hold.
well atleast I tried...

Quote:
If Queen Elizabeth can have two birthdays why not Queen Khaleda?

but as I see no agrument there either by you or by Sydney... therefore, my guess is you guys accepted Khaleda as our Queen though.
Old August 19, 2006, 12:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
but as I see no agrument there either by you or by Sydney... therefore, my guess is you guys accepted Khaleda as our Queen though.
lolz .. missed the Queen Khaleda part bro...
but i refer you to post no #26 of this thread. i thought i made my case regarding why Her Royal Highness Begum Khaleda Zia, Prime Minister of Peoples Republic of Bangladesh, Chairperson of Bangladesh Nationalist Party and wife of Late President Ziaur Rahman, Mother of Tarek Rahman the richest crook of the country, can not and should not celebrate her pretentious birthday on the same day as when Bongobondhu was killed.

Cheers mate !