facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Can the tigers win against Sri Lanka in CT?
Yes of course! 45 66.18%
Were not good enough at the moment 23 33.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 6, 2006, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

I disagree with comments here that BD shouldn't worry about winning this game because the real target is WI. That's dangerous. In a 3 match round robin, anything can happen and your best strategy is to win right from the get go, no matter who the opposition is. WI is not going to be any easier than SL, and actually I recall Zimbabwe beat us 3-2 recently. So if the team has an attitude of no trying to win every game, they will be beaten badly as usual.

Old October 6, 2006, 05:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

The ingredients are there. Lively batsmen Ash, Aftab, Saqib.. Reza looks good accumulator.. Bashar is bk amongst the youngsters. Bowling look sgood as well Mash, Rasel, rafique and Razzaq ... 5th bowler can be saqib/reza no need to rely on aftab... So why not course we can beat them inshallah
Old October 6, 2006, 08:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
The statistics is not that simple. The 'probability' of a tie or no result is very low, according to the sample data you can collect from cricinfo archive

Now, consider the 'weight' of that probability and calculate
Baundule bhai, that was statistics 101. so evry incidents should have equal probability.
if you put weightage, then our probabilty would be even less
Old October 6, 2006, 08:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

we will find out today
Old October 7, 2006, 01:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

^^ yeah found it out today.And the VeRdIcT is CleaR.The Q is can you see it?

Can Bangladseh beat Sri Lanka?
A poll comes up and LOL 66% believed or joked that they could win against them.HA HA HA ,heh heh heh.Khik Khik

Next another poll will come up

Can Bangladseh beat West Indies?

What % will say yes? my guess 70 %.

Why make a joke of this polls.

c'mon try to face the reality.In this CT BD has no chance to qualify as some reasonable fans have said so,but the unreasonable diehard ones will never see the logic.Wait for another 10 years.

Even beating spineless Zimbos is 45 % chance.

today BD scored 260+ chasing 302 . But it was a losing cause from the beginning.They had no chance at all and were never in the game in any poiint of time.anyway it was commendable to cross the 250 mark.But I will see it this way , some SL bowlers bowled poorly and are not in rythm.Just shows which side of the coin u see.Blind or realistic.

so guys please open 100's of threads analysing what IF BD had done this and they could have done that.WHO cares ,the result counts.It will come of course,be patient and be reasonable ,from my perspective it will take another 10 years for BD to challenge and win series not 1 game here and there(wch rest of the world thinks as FLUKE) consistently.Do anybody have that PATIENCE ?
Old October 7, 2006, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

orzoon, the poll was "Can Bangladseh beat Sri Lanka?" , yes they can, but they did not. When we say 'can', then we mean that they have the potential to do that. Bangladesh had the potential. SL were restricted within 302, and if at least 2 out of five (Excluding Sakib) top order batsmen could contribute(which was very much possible), BD could have reached the target. It's not a joke. It's how we expect from our team.
Old October 7, 2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

^^ OK .You want to change the word 'Can' .Pls do it . then we will talk abt potential or non-potential or sleeping - potential etc.
Old October 7, 2006, 02:23 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Orzoon, you are playing with your words in a Bangladeshi messageboard. I think you have got the understanding that fans support their own country and expect best possible result from them. Don't try to humiliate us in our forum.

If want to have some logical debate, post something logical. Don't swear with your unpleasant instinct.
Old October 7, 2006, 02:48 PM
Banned

Logical Debate.Do you know the meaning ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
By the way, I want to open the match thread for the next game against WI. So far, I have opened match thread for 3 ODI's and BD have won all three games.

Want to ride on my luck if Spitty, Shafin and other permits.
....how logical ? refer ur post 1038

and when did I swear with my unpleasant instinct .you genius self-proclaimed genius.

if you are so eager to debate convince me with reasons my post 55 in this thread .Why do u think it will take less than 10 years for BD to challenge the top nations in a regular basis ,not 1 match here and there and do u have that patience to wait that long?

Last edited by orzoon; October 7, 2006 at 02:56 PM..
Old October 7, 2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

Thanks Miraz. I guess this "Orzoon" does not know of the time when Sri Lankans were the whipping boys and the laughing stock of the cricket world. They were there for a very long time. "Orzoon" missed the point of this poll completely. "Can We?" Yes we can. We just did 2 matches ago. Even today's performance was not one sided, eh "Orzoon"?
Old October 7, 2006, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Thanks Miraz. I guess this "Orzoon" does not know of the time when Sri Lankans were the whipping boys and the laughing stock of the cricket world. They were there for a very long time. "Orzoon" missed the point of this poll completely. "Can We?" Yes we can. We just did 2 matches ago. Even today's performance was not one sided, eh "Orzoon"?
Yes they were the Whipping boys and that's why I said to see results after 10 years and asked why are you impatient ? I never said BD can't do it . I just asked does anybody has the patience to wait for 10 years and IMO it will take 10 yrs.Did u get my point or miss it?
And in today's match ,yes , it was a one sided match in favor of SL ,whether BD scored 264 ,BD was never in the game.
Old October 7, 2006, 03:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

will someone tell the fag this isnt a place for rape victims to vent. and yes i launched a personal attack against a fellow BC "member". i dare the mods to say something. lol

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 7, 2006, 03:15 PM
Banned

OMG, I never realised []

Last edited by Nasif; October 7, 2006 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Personal attack will not be tolerated