facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
Sigh! Tahsin, a lot of people feel like you. But look at Australia and the Australian selectors. Steve Waugh, who contributed so much to Aussie cricket, played such an important part in raising the team to the status that it is today, was dropped from the ODI team after a very similar loss of form.

Pilot got his chances. He failed to take them. Mushfiq got his chances. He took them as well as can be expected. That is the bottomline.

The comparison to JO is not on. At least JO went to the domestic circuit and scored centuries and 50s and made a case for himself.

Lets be rational.
frnd,how can u say mushfiqur rahim will surely perform with his bat???he just score some runs against the weaker team like zimbabwe.He also had a poor domestic league.then what will u say when he missed some catches and then don'tr score some runs in the WC????

Old February 13, 2007, 03:48 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I'm more surprised about JO's inclusion than Pilot exclusion.

I had lost faith in selectors long time ago, as with time the quality of their work has only gone worse. For the first year or so, they did a splendid job, but then on, they have made so many stupid decisions that I think its about time we get a new selection panel with players like Bulbul Nannu or Akram.
Old February 13, 2007, 04:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I can't say for sure, I can't tell the future. If I did, I would be a wealthy man. Like most ordinary people, I just make some educated guesses based on what I know about a player's recent form and performance, and what I have seen of the two players on the TV screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahsin Chowdhury
frnd,how can u say mushfiqur rahim will surely perform with his bat???he just score some runs against the weaker team like zimbabwe.He also had a poor domestic league.then what will u say when he missed some catches and then don'tr score some runs in the WC????
Old February 13, 2007, 04:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

And isn't it interesting that a player widely blamed for the debacle (who can forget our Eid present from Canada?!) in the previous World Cup has been dropped from this one. If I recall correctly Masud dropped a few dollies that day, was up late the previous night....If an experienced player like him could have been sucked into the glitz and glamour of the event, I would cut Mushfiq some slack. Surely he can't do worse than being investigated for Match-fixing (remember Pilot had to even face an investigation!).

Last edited by Zobair; February 13, 2007 at 04:23 PM..
Old February 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Battingwise, Mushfiq can't do any worse than Pilot and who cares about facing quality opposition when it comes to keeping? The same bowler of your side is going to bowl and stronger teams don't give harder edges.
Sadi, for Farooq's Media advisor!!! Ki jukti. I would like to see what would all the ex-captains say if they had heard this.

For now, lets hear those who wants K Mashud still to join the party.

Good one.
Old February 13, 2007, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

I'm cancelling my trip to Trinidad.

Can't say the Pilot exclusion is a surprise, the writing had been on the wall for a while. If Mushfiq was actually prepared to be a wicketkeeper-batsman, Pilot would have been long gone already because everyone apparently hates his guts for one reason or the other. Too much booze. Too much partying. Too many women. Too many dropped catches while being hungover. Too many fights with the selectors. Too many complaints to the press.

The fact is the Mashud can still keep and Mushfiq is still learning. In fact, Mushfiq is also still learning to bat. Playing sub-par teams like Zimbabwe so many times until you are blue in the face has the disadvantage of killing selector/fan brain cells.

If the team had not included Rajin and Javed, this would be easier to bear. Raquibul is right, why in the world would you want 4 openers (counting Rajin)? Surely one of the 2 slots that went to Rajin/Javed could have gone to Pilot to get the extra insurance at wicketkeeper? What if Mushfiq gets hurt in the first game?

After nurturing players like Mehrab Jr and Farhad Reza for the better part of last year, the about face for the WC squad doesn't speak to any kind of cohesive strategy. In the last World Cup, we had to fly in an ageing Akram Khan in a pathetic attempt to save the day. When players don't play, practise or tour together, they tend to show it on the field. Dropping Javed Omar, Tapash, Rajin for a year to experiment and then re-inserting them for the WC could be a recipe for disaster.
Old February 13, 2007, 05:49 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiq
Dropping Javed Omar, Tapash, Rajin for a year to experiment and then re-inserting them for the WC could be a recipe for disaster.
Thats exactly my feeling as well. I hope we are not going to repeat another WC2003!
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old February 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Is this is for Pilot's exclusion only or for testing the new players mehrab Jr, Forhad and not including them when they failed to live up to the hype?

Anywho, if you have already bought the ticket hope you get a better value.
Old February 13, 2007, 06:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

I am not surprised to see pilot out of the team. he is one of the most favourite player but the form that he has shown recently was not enough to earn him a place but selecting javed was totally unnecessary. this is a joke.
Old February 13, 2007, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
I am not surprised to see pilot out of the team. he is one of the most favourite player but the form that he has shown recently was not enough to earn him a place but selecting javed was totally unnecessary. this is a joke.
Then what form did Mushfique show? Only 57 and 42 in 2 matches against World's worst bowling attack.
Old February 13, 2007, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

The inclusion of JO is the only valid issue to criticise. But why everyone is taking the exclusion of Pilot as an issue? I don't find any good performance of pilot in any form of cricket in the recent times. I don't think all these floods of criticism is due for our selectors. Sometimes media exaggerates this type of issue but how come some ex-BD captains make these type of comments on team selection. This is really pathetic.
Old February 13, 2007, 06:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
Then what form did Mushfique show? Only 57 and 42 in 2 matches against World's worst bowling attack.
pilot also played against worst bowling attack. In last zimbabwe tour we all saw how did pilot bat and always exposed tailenders to raise his avarage. and i said earlier, i am a fan of pilot but it didn't hurt me to see him exit as much as the inclusion of javed omar. he didn't do anything special lately. javed's avarage in premier leauge is 30. why was he selected?
Old February 13, 2007, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
He's been showing his performance since he strated playing in different age-level international cricket. He has progressed gradually into the national team.
Old February 13, 2007, 07:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
After nurturing players like Mehrab Jr and Farhad Reza for the better part of last year, the about face for the WC squad doesn't speak to any kind of cohesive strategy. In the last World Cup, we had to fly in an ageing Akram Khan in a pathetic attempt to save the day. When players don't play, practise or tour together, they tend to show it on the field. Dropping Javed Omar, Tapash, Rajin for a year to experiment and then re-inserting them for the WC could be a recipe for disaster.
Bingo! Hit the nail on the head. Beyond any of their selection gaffes, this radarless strategy is the most worrisome aspect. Mehrab, Farhad, Tushar, Sharif...have all been chewed and spit away at the selectors fancy.
Old February 13, 2007, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i agree with rafiq bhai about JO and taposh. however, if taposh is going to the west indies as a backup pacer, i don't think i have much to complain about, because we really don't have a good fourth pacer at the moment. as long as masri is number one, shahadat number two and rasel number three (interchange between the last two if you like), i don't mind having taposh carry drinks or bowl when one or two of the three are hurt.

about rajin - well, i really hope the selectors are being stupid and picking four openers in the team. that way, we will get to watch rajin/tamim in action as an opener, and JO will be wasting a space in the fifteen. however, if they are taking the other route and playing rajin in the middle order, then i agree - i would rather pick reza or imran.

finally, as for JO's inclusion, well, selectorra ki dail khaisilo ponero number spotta pick korar aage?
Old February 13, 2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
We will definitly miss Pilot's experience.
Yes!...Here is the ultimate solution: Bring back...Raqibul. Lipu, Bulbul, Akram....
the ULTIMATE experience...
Old February 13, 2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:

Rafiq bhai: ...due to heavey workload?!
Old February 13, 2007, 09:46 PM
Banned

রফিক ভাইএর নিদ্রা ভংগ হয়েছে। এতেই আমার খুশি খুশি লাগছে। চারিদিকে একটা উৎসবের ভাব....
Old February 13, 2007, 10:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
আমার ভাই তোমার ভাই, রফিক ভাই রফিক ভাই। ওসতাদ, টিকেট টা আমগোরে দিয়া দেওন যায় না?
Old February 13, 2007, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Yes!...Here is the ultimate solution: Bring back...Raqibul. Lipu, Bulbul, Akram....
the ULTIMATE experience...
I agree we will miss Pilot. Anyway man you forgot to include Nannu, 1999 WC hero and our chief selector who himself played that WC but couldn't do anything.
Old February 14, 2007, 12:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

these stupid talks by these former "expert" players will just increase the pressure on Mushfiq and the whole team, nothing else.
Old February 14, 2007, 12:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
can u elaborate this using numbers please???
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old February 14, 2007, 12:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcricmad
The inclusion of JO is the only valid issue to criticise. But why everyone is taking the exclusion of Pilot as an issue? I don't find any good performance of pilot in any form of cricket in the recent times. I don't think all these floods of criticism is due for our selectors. Sometimes media exaggerates this type of issue but how come some ex-BD captains make these type of comments on team selection. This is really pathetic.

when did u last check a scorecard where Pilot batted?
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old February 14, 2007, 04:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
when did u last check a scorecard where Pilot batted?
let go man. pilot is history. lets focus on javed moron.