facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 13, 2007, 11:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Dear Mr. Cricket, I understand your point. If you have time, you can have a look at Tatenda Taibus career, he started his career at 18 years of age (younger than current Rahim) and he replaced Andy Flower, who is by any standard much bigger name than Pilot. I know there were some problem in Zim cricket in that time although all players except Andy played in his debut test.

Now, I want to make one thing clear, it is important for us to immediately replace Mashud in ODI's. Mashud is experienced and Rahim is young, these word really do not carry any value. Most of the players start their career at young ages and when anyone starts he will be definitely inexperienced and will gain experience with time. In tests, we have some inactive time, if Mushfiq proves in ODI's that he ia ready to take the button from Pilot, we should arrange a farewell party for Pilot which he deserves. Otherwise, we have to wait for few more tests before the final call.

Taibu didnt replace Flower, flower got kicked out of the team by the Mugabe regime, incident involving a black arm band he wore during a game in the WC i seem to remember.

Old February 13, 2007, 02:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Miraz, Finally the selectors heard you.
Finally we lost our fighter(!) and probably will fight for second round birth in this world cup. We fought last time too and that fight was to beat Canda where we were unsuccessful.
Old February 13, 2007, 03:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

khaled masud is still our wicketkeeper as far as test cricket is concerned at least for another couple of years...

it is indeed a difficult choice as far as ODIs are concerned. does mushfiq have the depth or the experience to mentally absorb a huge event like the world cup? also, the manner in which masud has been dislodged is in par with the doings of our beloved care taker government. maybe our selectors could have showed a little more respect and picked two wicketkeepers instead of javed omar. or does it go back to the last world cup and its aftermath? who knows?
Old February 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

I can't blame the selectors for not inculding K.Mashud in BD WC squad. Because it's only 15 member squad for WC07. If it was 16 member suqad then K.Mashud would be selected in the squad. It's good to see Tamim, Tapash and Rajin are in the team.
Old February 13, 2007, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Miraz's comparison between KM and the big guns does not apply, this is meaningless. You are comparing Apple to cherry. To be meaningful, compare KM with other BD players. There were days when BG hardly got any wickets in ODI, so how can KM accumulate more cathes and stumping? His total runs and avg is aligned with other BD players. He is still the top 3 highest run getter for BD.

Forget the stats, everyone knows, 3-4 years ago, when BD was down like 25/5, it was often Khaled Mashud/Kapali/tail enders who would help put a total score of around 160's. Now that is not a myth, this is true and we all wathced those matches.

I think KM's unprossiconal comment as him being the automatic choice ruined it for him. He was recently fined by BCB and that was an indication things might not work out well for him. KM should have said: this is my last WC and I will retire right after.
He as a captain of Abahoni could have come up early in the batting order and show some class. Instead he was never concerned often did not even bat. His recent batting performance was aweful. We also did not forget about the debac;le that he has created in the last WC and his poor captaincy in the last ZIM tour was also a major factor. BD showed in the last ZIM tour that the team can play very without mashud and his inclusion in the team is not mandatory.

But if I was KM, I would not make thois estupid comments that he does not have any rival in the country and work extra hard in the league to come up with some 50's. Overconfidence and pride is the reason for his exclusion in WC. And JO got lucky by taking advantage of the situation. Remember he never said anything controversial, kept his mouth shut and maintained good relationship with the management. Thats pretty much how we succeed in real life.
Old February 13, 2007, 05:12 PM
Banned

I heard him saying Rafique ( one of the best left arm spinner of the world) " Rafique taratari ball kor". How dare he talks to Rafique like that ???? He used to say Razzak and Enamul jnr( tara tari ball kor, beshi somoy neoa jabena) the similar way which was also not good. A bowler should bowl according to his own rhythm and style. I started hating him after that. I was angry on him when Akram Khan ( well set at the wicket) got run out scoring 40+ runs(i can't remember the exact figure) because of K.Mashud in a match in Asia Cup (before BD won ICC Cup) against Pakistan and that was totally Pilot's fault. Otherwise Akram Khan could get his fifty easily in that match. Bd lost against Canada becasue of his own foolish permormance. He is kinda selfish batsman and now he has paid the price for all those.

Last edited by arafath79; February 13, 2007 at 05:19 PM..
Old February 13, 2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Miraz's comparison between KM and the big guns does not apply, this is meaningless. You are comparing Apple to cherry. To be meaningful, compare KM with other BD players. There were days when BG hardly got any wickets in ODI, so how can KM accumulate more cathes and stumping? His total runs and avg is aligned with other BD players. He is still the top 3 highest run getter for BD.

Forget the stats, everyone knows, 3-4 years ago, when BD was down like 25/5, it was often Khaled Mashud/Kapali/tail enders who would help put a total score of around 160's. Now that is not a myth, this is true and we all wathced those matches.
I agree with u but at that time BD used to play for losing the match against big guns respectfully and now Bd plays for winning the match against big guns and they have made it. In this stage Pilot and Golla type batsman are not necessary in the team. JO got selected allthough. It's really the time for changes the BD players strategy of playing rather than batting like Bulbul, JO , KM in ODI !!
Old February 13, 2007, 05:39 PM
Club Cricketer

Khaled Mashud is without a doubt is the best wicket keeper in bangladesh but again if we see his batting records recently it is not that pretty at all. On other hand, incuding Mushfiqur Rahim was the right choice due to his batting ability (not to mention his wicket keeping skill) which we need in our team now. We are all talking about Khaled mashud's experiences but that doesn't mean anything if he can't score any runs.
Old February 13, 2007, 06:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

For your convenience and to serve the purpose of the WC Forum, I have moved quite a couple of threads from Bangladesh Forum to the World Cup Forum. Most of these threads have an expiring redirect of 1 hour. Thanks.
Old February 13, 2007, 07:05 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Although a bit exaggerated but yeah Pilot ensured some 'respectable defeat' in those days (3-4 years back).

This is 2007 not 2003. Bangladesh now play for win not to ensure 'honorable defeat' and the hard fact is 'Pilot also lost that batting ability to inflict respectable defeat'.

Now it's different time and Bangladesh is in a different league. Pilot simply does not belong there.
Old February 13, 2007, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by arafath79
I heard him saying Rafique ( one of the best left arm spinner of the world) " Rafique taratari ball kor". How dare he talks to Rafique like that ???? He used to say Razzak and Enamul jnr( tara tari ball kor, beshi somoy neoa jabena) the similar way which was also not good. A bowler should bowl according to his own rhythm and style. I started hating him after that. I was angry on him when Akram Khan ( well set at the wicket) got run out scoring 40+ runs(i can't remember the exact figure) because of K.Mashud in a match in Asia Cup (before BD won ICC Cup) against Pakistan and that was totally Pilot's fault. Otherwise Akram Khan could get his fifty easily in that match. Bd lost against Canada becasue of his own foolish permormance. He is kinda selfish batsman and now he has paid the price for all those.
interesting, i actually remember an incident in a match against kenya(venue was probably somewhere in india) when rafiq was bowling against tikolo. tikolo was visibly tired after running a lot between the wickets. suddenly pilot said (heard on mic) "taratari kor, klanto, klanto!" and guess what rafiq actually bowled next 2 deliveries quickly without wasting time and tikolo was dismissed in that 2nd delivery trying to hoick because he didnt have time to get a breather and think.

that dismissal was as much credit to pilot as it was rafiq. true he was a selfish batsman, but he had a sherwd brain behind the wicket.
Old February 14, 2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
interesting, i actually remember an incident in a match against kenya(venue was probably somewhere in india) when rafiq was bowling against tikolo. tikolo was visibly tired after running a lot between the wickets. suddenly pilot said (heard on mic) "taratari kor, klanto, klanto!" and guess what rafiq actually bowled next 2 deliveries quickly without wasting time and tikolo was dismissed in that 2nd delivery trying to hoick because he didnt have time to get a breather and think.

that dismissal was as much credit to pilot as it was rafiq. true he was a selfish batsman, but he had a sherwd brain behind the wicket.
I don't remember that. But I have heard him more than two times talking to Rafique like taratari ball kor not only against Kenya but also against Zim and India !! It makes the bowler tired and also loss the rhythm. May be Pilot was impatient behind the stump.
Old February 14, 2007, 09:55 PM
Banned

Finally, I have to say K.Mashud is still the best wicket keeper of BD and he could be selected instead of JO or if it was 16 memeber world cup squad.