facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 12, 2007, 05:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

guys... for the last time give him a chance.. at least till world cup.. after that you can drop him from the national team if he performs bad there.... but we must need him there..

Old February 12, 2007, 06:23 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

TheWatcher and Tigers_eye, I will answer first part of your posts after declaration of WC squad tomorrow and the second part after the playing XI is declared for the match against India on 17th March 2007.

Have some patience
Old February 12, 2007, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Hmm. Ash bashing continues I see. Ash , you need to play well in the WC to shut these critics mouth. Seems like we got lots of match winners to replace Ash. Good good very good.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 12, 2007, 08:40 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
Ashraful is not performing for a long time now.
This is, in fact, good news!!
May be it's time for another BIG BANG!!
I hope the BIG BANG does not come in the WC practice matches.
I won't mind if he goes into his usual hibernation state, but only after producing a magical innings on March 17th or March 21st.

We must do the gamble with Ashraful, just as India doing the same with off-form Shewag.
Agree 1000% with you, that's my feelings too.
Old February 13, 2007, 12:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Ash is gonna do something ridiculous in the WC, I just have that feeling the Ash Bashing needs to reach an All time High for him to perform in the WC and it's getting pretty close right now. After He does something in the WC, Me along with 1/2 of BC will say I told you so( Hopefully for my sake and the Teams sake) and the will make you wonder why can't he do this more often.

BTW: No More Tushar Imran Please! If u told Ash u have 1 innings to prove your self he'd score a Golla type 50, this guy will never score above 30! Mind you 10!
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old February 13, 2007, 12:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
I hope the BIG BANG does not come in the WC practice matches.
Babu Bhai, I have exactly the same fear. So, he should not be in the final XI when we play the warm up or practice matches.
Old February 13, 2007, 12:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

He produces 2/3 Big Bangs per tour now see Natwest series/SL Series/IND Series, if he can get a 50 vs NZ or Scot he might be Ready for SL and IND because once he gets his eye locked there really isn't a Batsmen in the Country who can match him. You wonder why Ash gets picked so much he's got this annoying Habit of going 20,12,34,15 46,26,0,11,32,12,0,0,37 but he manages to sprinkle in a 158*,136,114,100,94 from time to time.

Take a chance with Ash his our Wild Card if he clicks well you know what happens I'm pretty Sure Gangu and Tendu will give him a talk giving him very bad advice and then he'll blow it up on India's face
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!

Last edited by cricman; February 13, 2007 at 12:51 AM..
Old February 13, 2007, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Ashraful's success rate is 5%, and the chance to upset SL/IND is also 5%. It is actually true that Ash does has some supersonic capability to turn things around. But that just happens once in 3 years.
Old February 13, 2007, 06:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Hate to say this but can we Axe JO instead of Ash..... How is he back in the team...
Old February 14, 2007, 01:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Hes Back Cuz...he Was Doing Well In The Ncl....
Old February 14, 2007, 02:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Wow.. I'd been to all the other forums wondering how there are so few posts!Then I come here & what do i find? three pages of ash bashing

wether ash scores 0 or 100, one thing is for certain: he's our star- all of us are more concerned with what goes on with Ash then the rest of the team combined. I say we keep the lad in the XI to promote publicity.

As for the curious one's- yes i'm an ash fan too! statistics can never exhibit the authority with which he steps up to the pitch. More than that i would say he's a true representative of bangladesh(not just the team). "chikna";"pichki"(perhaps malnurtitioned);youthful; underacheived; daring and certainly not the least bit incapable- not so much as the others.
Old February 14, 2007, 03:40 PM
Banned

Default ashraful gives money to the board

everyone is stupid
why do u guys dont think that ashraful gives money to the board to keep him.
beacuse why is mehrab dropped, why aint ash dropped for bd. because mehrab plays not give money to the board thats why they got him off. but they dont want ash to go they want the money from him.
Old February 14, 2007, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamz
everyone is stupid
why do u guys dont think that ashraful gives money to the board to keep him.
beacuse why is mehrab dropped, why aint ash dropped for bd. because mehrab plays not give money to the board thats why they got him off. but they dont want ash to go they want the money from him.
what do you know. at least he's taking a break from opening polls and engaging himself in some discussions. i guess this is what the world cup fever does to you
Old February 14, 2007, 06:09 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawaGuy
yes i'm an ash fan too! statistics can never exhibit the authority with which he steps up to the pitch. More than that i would say he's a true representative of bangladesh(not just the team). "chikna";"pichki"(perhaps malnurtitioned);youthful; underacheived; daring and certainly not the least bit incapable- not so much as the others.
Best explanation of the Ash allure ever! You said it man! Don't forget "not yest master of his emotions"
Old February 14, 2007, 10:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Another prospective

I made a post yesterday countering this topic, just another prospective. I hope no one will mind as I am pasting that post here and I believe it is appropriate. I hope People will read it so that they can look at this from different prospective, just to be fair. Thank you.

I have waited for a while before this writing as I’ve been watching people nagging and crying about Ashraful’s or Tamim’s (he should be sacked etc.) and other’s inclusion in the Zimbabwe tour or even recent world cup selection. Ok, if we let these people select a team with all our consistently performing players, what type of result would you expect? Think about it. We will be playing against team like India It was not long ago (1996) when low favorite Srilanka surprised the cricket world and became the world champion. I believe Dave Whatmore definitively gambled on that occasion. When it was a tradition to plan to face first 5 to 10 overs very cautiously and then slowly pile up runs in one day cricket but Dave gambled and Srilanka showed the world how to start the one day cricket and rest was history. Yes, Dave gambled because he wanted to keep the hope alive and he had a hope. Hope is a beautiful thing. And I salute our selection committee and Dave not giving up that hope by NOT selecting a team with only our consistent performers (you know what I mean), a hopeless expectation. I congratulate them for taking the challenge. I congratulate them despite probable heavy criticism and pressure, showing the guts and for giving us hope by selecting a team which is completely capable of beating any team in the world on their day, just like Srilanka. I see a parallel. Hope is a beautiful thing. If we loose, I’ll rather loose supporting a team with some hope, not any other way. Would you not?
Old February 14, 2007, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahmud
I made a post yesterday countering this topic, just another prospective. I hope no one will mind as I am pasting that post here and I believe it is appropriate. I hope People will read it so that they can look at this from different prospective, just to be fair. Thank you.

I have waited for a while before this writing as I’ve been watching people nagging and crying about Ashraful’s or Tamim’s (he should be sacked etc.) and other’s inclusion in the Zimbabwe tour or even recent world cup selection. Ok, if we let these people select a team with all our consistently performing players, what type of result would you expect? Think about it. We will be playing against team like India:p and Srilanka, who are in tremendous form lately. With this high profile superstar-consisting team, :p:pat best, our achievement would be a graceful defeat and a win against :pBermuda:p. No doubt, that would what everyone will expect with this kind of team. With this characteristics (consistent players only) of a team, that would be the best our selection committee and these people could hope, which is hopeless. I would not expect our selection committee would do that. I would have agreed with this kind of team selection if it is for any other one day type tournament but not for World Cup. I can not imagine that our team competing in the world cup without hope, without any hope to go to the next round and cause few surprises or may be the ultimate. We all have hope and dream and we would like to keep that hope of fire alive. Hope is a beautiful think. It keeps you alive and we would like to keep our dream alive. Wouldn’t you?
:p:p
It was not long ago (1996) when low favorite Srilanka surprised the cricket world and became the world champion. I believe Dave Whatmore definitively gambled on that occasion. When it was a tradition to plan to face first 5 to 10 overs very cautiously and then slowly pile up runs in one day cricket but Dave gambled and Srilanka showed the world how to start the one day cricket and rest was history. Yes, Dave gambled because he wanted to keep the hope alive and he had a hope. Hope is a beautiful thing. And I salute our selection committee and Dave not giving up that hope by NOT selecting a team with only our consistent performers (you know what I mean), a hopeless expectation. I congratulate them for taking the challenge. I congratulate them despite probable heavy criticism and pressure, showing the guts and for giving us hope by selecting a team which is completely capable of beating any team in the world on their day, just like Srilanka. I see a parallel. Hope is a beautiful thing. If we loose, I’ll rather loose supporting a team with some hope, not any other way. Would you not?
In fact hope is one the most beautiful thing in this world. Well said.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ