facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

If anyone want to express their opinions about the selection to Daily Star, they can do that now.

Quote:
Notice
Dear readers, if you have something to say about Bangladesh cricket team selection for the World Cup, please write a short email and send to sports@ thedailystar.net.

Old February 15, 2007, 12:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Everything was fine except JO. I salute selectors for taking the brave decision and drop Pilot.

A bowling all-rounder in place of JO (Manjar Rana or Farhad) and this team would have been my dream team.
I agree.

I'd like to see Rana make a comeback. He's certainly done more for Bangladesh than most players we've had over the years.

It's also slightly pointless selecting 4 openers. Especially one who has been proven to be as below par as JO.
Old February 15, 2007, 12:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
I think the selectors decided to take both Rajin and Golla as they fear that they may do very bad and we need batsman who can at least play 50 overs!!! Pathetic defensive approach.
There's nothing defensive about selecting a player with the technique and concentration to last 50 overs. Every team needs one.

Golla's selection is questionable because he fails on both criterion.
Old February 15, 2007, 01:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Selectors, Media, Fans and World Cup Team

This is the letter I send to daily star
Selectors, Media, Fans and World Cup Team

For the last few days, I am watching curiously about the reaction by the media, fans of the world cup squad. Instead of supporting our team, media is bickering and providing kerosene to flame. Almost all the team picked itself with the exception of two big names – Ashraful and Khaled Masud. Selectors made one bold decision by dropping Masud. This creating a huge hue and cry among the media led by our former captains
Our former captains were skilled players but I have doubt about their cricketing wisdom. I do not want to show any at the moment but I would let you know if you need. What is Masud done in last few years to be in the team? People are talking about experience or what if Mushfiq drop a catch as if Masud never dropped one. Masud dropped three catches and one stumping in a single match (Against Kenya) in last world cup. He is a man with ego problem. His name is forever associated with match fixing in Bangladesh cricket history. Proven ‘not guilty’ does not mean ‘innocent’. The other point people are raising performance of Mushfiq against Zimbabwe is not considerable as he is unproven against big guns. It was not Mushfiq’s fault that he did not get the chance. When got the chance he performance. How the critics are conveniently forgetting that this kid scores a fighting 60 odd against the English bowling in England. When was the last time Masud has any mentionable score in any level of cricket. Regarding age, Inzy was in same age as Mushfiq in 1992. Mushfiq has added advantage of playing for the age groups for years.
In all these hoopla, we are forgetting to ask the selectors why there were four openers? Are we planning to play three openers to shield our middle order? Why Javed is in the team? If experience is the issue why not Al Shariar ? He has a better record in premiar league. He also has the added advantage of playing in world cup. What has Ashraful done to be in the team? If performance is the key, then he is as guilty as Masud.
One word about our fans: when selectors justifiable drop Ashraful we made so much hue and cry that selectors were almost forced to take him back. It was not the same like dropping of Nannu in 1999 or Basher in inaugural test. Those were more personal whim of the selectors. This case selectors were justified as Ashraful was not performing. If his door was closed for an year, we would have a consistent Ashraful unlike the present ‘lotto’ when he score in one match and immediately went to hibernation.
Thank You
Old February 15, 2007, 01:48 AM

Here is my reply to Daily Star.

Quote:
Dear DailyStar,
Please read the link bellow of Banglacricket.com for fans reaction on WC team selection.

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18775

Thank you.
Old February 15, 2007, 01:46 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadi
If anyone want to express their opinions about the selection to Daily Star, they can do that now.

Quote:
Notice
Dear readers, if you have something to say about Bangladesh cricket team selection for the World Cup, please write a short email and send to sports@ thedailystar.net.
Sent a short e-mail and good to see DS has got the courage to publish criticism about its reporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Star
This is the best possible team for Bangladesh. And please stop creating a mess before the very crucial world cup for Bangladesh. Your reporters are writing some 'romantic novel' style report which is definitely not timely. No one is above the country. Please rise above the personal choices and try to support Bangladesh team. This sort of reporting will create division and destroy morale of the team.
Khondaker Mirazur Rahman
Old February 15, 2007, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Looks like you are the only one who spoke for Mushfiq.
Old February 15, 2007, 02:07 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Looks like you are the only one who spoke for Mushfiq.
Probably many other got lost (intentionally!) in the editing table.