facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2007, 01:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Please give the england bowlers some credit. bd batsmen r not yet hayden, pointing. I didn't saw anyone throwing there wicket other than bashar, this comment is made by our fans left and right. did u see how they bowled?
Bd batmen r not capable of playing in fast and bouncy pitches all of a sudden they need time (like a month) to get adjusted not like aussie player who can adjust right away.
I mostly agree with you that BD has the limitation in coping with the bouncy balls, but the lower orders when they appeared to set (esp. Mashrafi & Razzaque), they just through their wks. Now the games are played in such a way that bowlers have to assume the responsibility of batting when situation demands and they should be committed………… after all some of them are considered as all-rounders!

Old April 13, 2007, 02:16 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I find it amusing how Ashraful talks in numbers. At the post-match presentation (not shown here), he said that the aim was for any one of the top six batsmen to stay at the wicket till the end of the 46th over. 46? where does he get such a weird figure? lol. also "you score 30, i score 30, we win match".

direct translation.
Ashraful is having some mature observations. After BD innings against SA, he said if we do not give too much run in the first 20 overs (power play), we have realistic chances to win the match.

he was absolutely right.
Old April 13, 2007, 02:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
lol. also "you score 30, i score 30, we win match".

direct translation.
Who is that 'you' Ash is talking about? The reporter or the fans that are supposed to score 30 runs?
Old April 13, 2007, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSR-BD
I mostly agree with you that BD has the limitation in coping with the bouncy balls, but the lower orders when they appeared to set (esp. Mashrafi & Razzaque), they just through their wks. Now the games are played in such a way that bowlers have to assume the responsibility of batting when situation demands and they should be committed………… after all some of them are considered as all-rounders!
They tried there best. you can't demand batting from bowlers. besides i think they planed to hit panaseyr as they couldn't even connect the fast bowlers and they knew that once those guys have a breather they will come back and get them out so that's why they went after the spinner to get some runs on the board and hence out of three only razzak could get some runs
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 13, 2007, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Who is that 'you' Ash is talking about? The reporter or the fans that are supposed to score 30 runs?
That you was Sakib

(Bermuda match)