facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 2, 2005, 09:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Hey...even though I wont be able to play with you guys, I'd like to drive down with someone to at least hang out and watch (...if there's a field with a nice cool shade somewhere).

Old September 2, 2005, 10:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
no captain?hehehehe.amader chalakita dhorte parlen na.khelar din bujhben captaincy kare koy.murir moto apnader wicket porbe r khoi fotar moto amader run uthbe.
sunniath..muri are khoi metaphore gula chorom hoise.

tehsin,
now i'm kind of confused coz i'm a new yorker and will play for VA...
ek kaj korle kemon hoy..can we rename our team name as "TEAM BD" or something cool instead of VA?:P
anyway, i'm playing with you no matter what.
Old September 2, 2005, 10:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Mir bhai,
I'm in this forum basically because of your friendly emails...so you must join us...it would be nice to meet you.

by the way, do u know who is playing in Flushing Meadows park this sunday since you been in bangali league before? i'm going to some type of family BBQ party this sunday in that park..so ek dhil e 2 pakhi marar plan kortesi.
Old September 3, 2005, 01:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

hmmm....something needs to be done quickly.tehsin bhai,summer is almost over.din choto hoye ahsche,plus shamne roja.va te jodi khelte na paren tobe koyekjon k niye ny te ashen.season shesh hoyar age va k ekbar "dola" na deya porjonto shanti pabona.
Old September 3, 2005, 06:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Scorpions,
I'm glad that you believe it was my friendly emails that convinced you to join....but I'm sure you've found that the rest of our guys are just as friendly (except maybe for your cousin Tehsin bhai...he's always trying to steal NY players for the VA side. Really...what's up with that??? hahaha
I agree with Sunny that you guys should decide on a meet date (either in VA, NJ or NY)...while the weather holds.

Regarding the bengali league matches...I actually never played for any bengali league team. Last Saturday was my debut for the NY Tigers...and sadly my last for the year. I know that the Commonwealth League (a west indian league) plays every Sunday at the Kissena/Boothe Memorial Park ground. I've never really visited Flushing Fresh Meadows to watch the bengalis play...so I'm not sure who is going to be playing there tomorrow. The other thing is...the actual park where they play cricket at Fresh Meadows is a bit far from where the BBQ/picnic spots are. I believe that the park where they play at Flushing Fresh Meadows is along the Long Island Expressway (Eastbound). If you do manage to visit them tomorrow...please come back and report to us about it.
Old September 5, 2005, 03:10 PM
Club Cricketer

Mir,

I went to see the match on Sunday at Flushing Meadows Corona park. I stayed for an hour or so since I had to get back to the family bbq party. Still it was really great to watch a real cricket match after long long time eventhough it was for short time. One of the batsman was scoring 4 & 6 ...it was cool...some bangali fans were cheering up the batsman. I would like to go and watch the match next weekend if I don't have any other program. Let me know if you or any other BC members want to show up there.
Old September 6, 2005, 01:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Thanks for the info Scorpions. At least one of us knows exactly where they are playing cricket at Fresh Meadows. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it anywhere this weekend...but I'll have a better idea on Friday. Allrounder and Immunity may be interested in joining too.
Old September 10, 2005, 06:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Khelar khobor ki? Allrounder, Immunity, Sunniath, Scorpions? Weekend-e aar khela hobena?
Old September 10, 2005, 07:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Ai koyek din ektu busy cheelam. Family asche boila driver er duty dite hochce. Bekar howar ai ekta problem. Finance er degree niye driver-e kore beraitesi. But i'll be free from next week onwards. Cholen jai VA.
Mir bhai, if you want I can pick u up and go to flushing next saturday. Sunny tumi-o choila aasho. We can all go together.
Old September 10, 2005, 08:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Mir,

Actually, I went to Flushing Meadows park today for 30 mins but it wasn't good enough to stay longer. I think, Sunday is the league cricket day and Saturday is mostly for amature games. I'm not sure though. Anyway, I'll be out of city next weekend but will be free from the following weekend Sept 24th. So please inform me if you are going on 24th.
by the way, Jacson Heights e ki r keu khelbena?
Old September 10, 2005, 09:36 PM
Banned

So um...how many players are there for team Virginia right now ?

My struggle at work continues...weekend work and what not.
Old September 10, 2005, 10:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

mir bhai,sabik,ajke busy chilam.mba er class shuru hoise.every other saturday te class thake.next weeknd a free achi.khep marte problem nai.chiktar dile e hajir hobo.
Old September 11, 2005, 01:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Sunny,
Chitkar daoar kono dorkar nai. Ami tomke call koira janaia dibo.

Sabik...I'm down to go out to Kissena next Saturday to watch the league teams play if you're up for it. I'll call Mohammedan to see if they'll be playing on Saturday. If they need extra players, I'll let them know about you guys.

Scorpions...we'll get together the following weekend when you're available. Thanks for the heads up about Flushing park.

VA te jaite kono appoti nai. Just "make it happen"
Old September 12, 2005, 01:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

mir bhai,league a khelte parle ekta josh bepar hobe.khelar kono system korte parle khobor diyen.
Old September 15, 2005, 09:08 AM
Street Cricketer

Ok then, this saturday it is. Mir bhai & Sunny, where do you want to meet? Let me know and i'll be there.
Old September 15, 2005, 09:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

amar kono preference nai.mir bhai,ki khobor?
Old September 15, 2005, 11:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Hey...khobor mota moti. I'll call Mohammedan and find out who is playing this weekend. I'll let you guys know by Friday night.
Old September 17, 2005, 06:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

I apologize. I've totally failed you guys. I was supposed to post a message here last night letting you guys know about the league matches for today...unfortunately...I never heard back from my friend in the league...and I also "forgot" to post a message here. My baaaaad

Sunny (Sunniath) and I had a talk today about possibly coming out to play some cricket tomorrow (Sunday) at Jackson Heights. I wont be able to play of course (well...I might try to bat a little...with the help of a runner ~~~~ I sound like such an old man!). Anyhow, Immunity, Allrounder and anyone else...could you guys please confirm here if you guys want to meet up for some cricket tomorrow afternoon?
Old September 27, 2005, 03:09 PM
Club Cricketer

Mir,

Did you guys play on last weekend? How was it? I was out of New York for a while. Anyway, keep us posted if there is any Cricket event at all on this weekend.
Old October 3, 2005, 10:11 PM
Street Cricketer

Guys it already getting cold. Lets play before its too cold to venture out. How abt we start from where we left off at the court in Queens?
Old October 4, 2005, 12:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

I agree with Immunity (as a spectator only). Let's all get together on the Queens court this Saturday...how about that? btw...Deepak called the other day...he's back from India and was nice enough to buy two hardcourt stump sets for us. That'll give Sunny's poor baby seat a break! If we do plan to play this Saturday, please bring $5 so that we can pool the money and give it to Deepak for hauling it all the way here for us.
I also saw Reaz in Jackson Heights today and I'll give him a call and ask him to come.

So...Allrounder, Scorpions, Sunny...ready to get back into it?...Saturday afternoon?
Old October 4, 2005, 01:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

ei saturday te amar class ache.so mone hoyna ami ashte parbo.tarpor o jodi time thake ami mir bhai k call kore ashar system korbo.
Old October 4, 2005, 09:46 AM
Club Cricketer

Mir,

damn i'll be out of new york again this weekend but will come back by monday. last 2 weekend e totally free chilam. ki r kora. i think mid november porjonto cricket khela jabe. so lets make some schedules for next few weekends.
Old April 17, 2007, 03:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Any New Yorker wanna play cricket this summer again?

I'm just wondering if any New Yorker wanna play cricket this summer again. mir, tehsin...let's get together in new york and play some freindly matches during the weekends. anybody around new york city, please reply to this post.

thanks.

moin
Old April 17, 2007, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpions
I'm just wondering if any New Yorker wanna play cricket this summer again. mir, tehsin...let's get together in new york and play some freindly matches during the weekends. anybody around new york city, please reply to this post.

thanks.

moin

Count me in, time permitting off course. Are you planning to form a team and play in the league?