facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2003, 10:54 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default 1 step towards professionalism from BCB

Daily Star has published a "Career Opportunity" Biggopti of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB).

It is like this:

Bangladesh Cricket Board
Management office: Navana Tower (5th Floor)
45 Gulshan Avenue, Dhaka.
Phone: 9888956, 9890530, Fax: 9888442

No. BCB/WC/03
Date: 20.01.03

Career Opportunity

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is looking for some smart, motivated, energetic self driven and result oriented person to joint the management group of Bangladesh Cricket Management for the following post.
i) Marketing Manager - One, ii) Media Manager - One, iii) Cricket Operation Manager - One.

These are senior positions. Other requirements-

Marketing Manager:
Educational qualification: Must have post graduation degree from a recognized university having at least 2nd class.
Experience: Candidate must have minimum 10 years experience dealing with marketing affairs of a reputed organization. Experience of arrangement for sponsorship, sale of TV / Media right and dealing with big business / commercial house would be essence of job performance. He should be able to produce papers on related subject. Knowledge of cricket would be an additional qualification.
Age: The age of the candidate shall be between 35 to 40 years.

Media Manager:
Educational qualification: Must have post graduation degree from a recognized university having at least 2nd class.
Experience: Candidate must be familiar and knowledgeable with the media world. The job responsibility would be to deal with the media relating to BCB affairs. He should have sufficient knowledge of cricket and cricket world. He will be media spokesman of the BCB. Writing proficiency in essential and he should be able to produce papers both in English and Bengali on any related subject. Excellent interpersonal communication skills in essential.

Cricket Operation Manager:
Educational Qualification: Must have post graduation degree from a recognized university having at least 2nd class.
Experience: He should be well vast with cricket related activities. He shall have experience to formulate and draw up plans related to development of cricket, to organize tournaments, coaching camps and organize different cricket courses. He shall be competent to publish manuals and audio visional support materials for players and umpires etc. He shall have demonstrated experience in design and delivery of cricket training activities.

The following candidates must be fulfilled for three positions:
1. Name of the post shall be clearly mentioned on the envelope.
2. Prospective candidates for each post musst have proficiency in English and Bengali. He should have good communication skill.
3. Two recent passport size photographs together with photocopies of certificates and experience must be submitted with the application.
4. Two reference will be given.
5. BCB offers attractive compensation package to the deserving candidates.
6. Application must reach the management office of the Bangladesh Cricket Board, 45 Gulshan Avenue, 5th Floor, Dhaka - 1212 by February 5. 2003.
7. BCB reserve the right to reject or appoint any application without assigning any reason.

President
Bangladesh Cricket Board.

Old January 21, 2003, 11:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default I\'ll believe they are serious once I see the outcomes

I like the fact that they have shown some commitment for improvement and growth
by putting out an ad such as this.
But I'll believe that they have become professional only when the results of this
ad are seen.
What do I mean by result? If I see that the new posts have been filled by people
with political connections then I'll be dissapointed but not surprised. BCB will
be no better off than they are now. However, if politics *appears* to be out of the
picture, then I might accept that BCB has made some improvements.
Old January 22, 2003, 02:17 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Hmmmm

Time to find me a MAMA. *wink*
Old January 22, 2003, 11:39 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This reminds me of the so called MD of BCB position. They advertised for a managing director post, who will run it all, with so and so qualification.

Then after the application deadline expired, they got a meeting to make the selection. Then? the rest is classic. They in the meeting changed the post from managing director to general manager, hired Ali Ahsan Babu, who didnt even submit his application before the deadline.

Some professionalism!!!
Old January 22, 2003, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

i was intrigued until i got to the age requirement: 35-40. what if a good candidate is younger or older? how sad that these old stereotypes don't ever seem to change. I know they aren't really serious about the age or anything else inthe description, but isn't it time there are some upgrades of labor laws so people's age, marital status, religion etc cannot be used to so blatantly discriminate?

as for getting the job, yeah, good luck. but surely someone on this board will apply for a position??
Old January 22, 2003, 04:53 PM
Banned

One assumption is that somebody who has had a career in the sport will be the ideal candidate, and thus professional.

And given the longetivity, cricketers in BD play through the age of 35.

Hence, the req. is 34 + . And since most folks either have premature heart attacks, blood sugar issues etc. , the req. is also 41-

Just kidding.

Anyway, if Alok K. and Taposh B. are our best players, then who says there is areligious discrimination ? Also, the player' age spread is from 16 - 34. Also, many players are married.
Old January 22, 2003, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

the operations manager may need to be an ex-cricketer, but not the other 2. there are plenty of good ex-criketers who are perfect for the job and are over 41.

based on that, i don't see the connection between cricket players average age, marital status or religion with these jobs. the bcb is looking for professionals, they may or may not hire ex-cricket players. in fact, professionl cricket players (not amateurs, which could have been the case a few years ago) probably haven't had time to build a 10 year resume in marketing or communications.

an age requirement in bangladeshi jobs is quite common, so my comments about age bias are general. marital status and religion is just additional ways to discriminate, but i didn't literally mean bcb is discriminating on anything other than age here.

i really think they could find some young dynamic people who are capable and less than 35, and therefore that age restriction doesn't make sense to me.