facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 1, 2008, 08:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
to add to that by the sounds of it he doesn't know much about rafique, which is quite worrying considering he's BD's head coach and rafique is one of if not the best player BD has ever produced. i think JS needs to do a bit more research on BD cricket and not be so quick to make judgement on players and BD cricket. i have to wonder, is the reason he called mushy the future golden boy because he thinks so little of BD talent? or does he actually think he can be a successful elite cricketer, maybe he was just talking in relative terms i.e. compared to previous BD players he's going to turn out to be a really good player as opposed to becoming a good player by world standards.
Exactly!

He said he heard of him. Its quite annoying to hear it from him, also quite funny.

He was assistant coach of the Australian team when they toured Bangladesh in 2006. And Rafique took 9 wickets in the first Test. How can he forget that?

Old February 1, 2008, 08:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

At last Ash's Team has betaen Mash's. (I meant in practise matches)

BTW Who won the toss. Because we need Ash to start winning the tosses
Old February 1, 2008, 08:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
At last Ash's Team has betaen Mash's. (I meant in practise matches)

BTW Who won the toss. Because we need Ash to start winning the tosses
Ash did.
Old February 1, 2008, 08:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Ash did.
Thanks Murad, I hope he continues to win the tosses
Old February 2, 2008, 12:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Somebody needs to remind Jamie, how Rafique toyed with the Australian Batsman in 06.
Old February 2, 2008, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Perhaps, Jamie Siddons need to speak less and observe more before making sweeping remarks of our cricket. I have to say, he aint seen nothing yet!!
Old February 2, 2008, 02:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Perhaps, Jamie Siddons need to speak less and observe more before making sweeping remarks of our cricket. I have to say, he aint seen nothing yet!!
Ditto..
Old February 2, 2008, 03:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

As much as I like Alok, Talha, Dhiman and now Imrul, I really don't have a problem Coach Siddons' comments during and after the first practice match. Alok's 37 is COMPARATIVELY a good score, but hardly eye-catching enough to warrant professional praise from the highest level. Meaning, the Coach also looks at HOW all runs are scored, and I don't think Alok, Imrul and others did much to warrant public praise the coach yet.

When it comes to Alok, people, including those who don't like him and think of him as slow and strokeless despite ample evidence to the contrary in light of most of his NCL performances over the last 2 seasons, simply expect more from him. As someone who likes him, I expect more from him because of the potential his talent has to offer - and he must learn to apply that talent WHEN IT COUNTS. International cricket is all about pressure and he must learn to cope with it and deliver.

That said, I'm still convinced he can be our Misbah someday and finally make the much awaited adjustment in his late 20s, or maybe early 30s. In the mean time, he needs to play better than the others to warrant a regular spot in the A-team, if and when BCB decides to make it a NECESSARY and BUSY transitional element with regards to the overall delvelopment of our cricketers before they're REALLY ready for the highest level.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)