facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 3, 2008, 09:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Some clarifications from the Harbhajan episode

Starting this thread for those who have not been following closely enough.

Here are some facts as they stand now:

1. BCCI and justice Hansen have cleared that BCCI did not have a chartered plane on hire to take the team back home. There was no threat made of pulling out if the judgment was against Harbhajan. The demand was purely of a fair hearing.

2. CA's claim that they would have incurred losses upto $60 million is false. BCCI would have suffered all the losses.

3. CA's claim that ESPN would sue them if India pulled out of the tour was also false. No law provides for that.

4. Harbhajan Singh has been cleared of the racism charges.

5. The justice observed that Michael Clarke was not sure of what he had heard. Infact all Aussie witnesses said that they did not hear anything other than the 'm' word.

6. Proctor gave the decision purely on basis of what the Asutralians said and on basis of nothing else. How he was sure beyond reasonable doubt, I do not know.

6. Clarke, one of the witnesses stood his ground after edging to the slip. His testimony has no credibility.

7. The Australian media says that BCCI got the decision by coercion....they fail to say how.

8. Andrew Symonds admitted to abusing Harbhajan Singh for showing a frienly gesture on the cricket field. He was supported in his action by his board and his captain throughout.

9. Andrew Symonds and Harbhajan Singh had agreed not talk with each other on field. Symonds admits to breaking that agreement and also admits to having intentionally provoked Harbhajan SIngh.

Upto you to judge who is what.

Old February 3, 2008, 09:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
2. CA's claim that they would have incurred losses upto $60 million is false. BCCI would have suffered all the losses.
Away team suffering all the loss? Would India reimburse CA even the gate money? I thought BD would only get food and lodging in India. I guess different type of contracts for different folks.
Quote:
3. CA's claim that ESPN would sue them if India pulled out of the tour was also false. No law provides for that.
I am not sure about this. American Media can get away with murder.
Quote:
Excellent.
Quote:
6. Proctor gave the decision purely on basis of what the Asutralians said and on basis of nothing else. How he was sure beyond reasonable doubt, I do not know.
This is a no brainer. He just disregarded Tendulkar and Harbhajan's account. That is how he got the 100% in his mind. But I would not jump on him though. After all he called ICC not to let him preside the hearing but ICC forced him to do so. Fact.
Quote:
6. Clarke, one of the witnesses stood his ground after edging to the slip. His testimony has no credibility.
Future ammunition for the future Australian captain.
Old February 3, 2008, 12:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Gawd...some ppl having a hard time letting it go..

...the world has moved on...
so should you...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 3, 2008, 02:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Source plzzzz

whenever you guys open a thread with these type of informations... plzz post the source link as well. a reliable one.
Old February 3, 2008, 03:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Away team suffering all the loss? Would India reimburse CA even the gate money? I thought BD would only get food and lodging in India. I guess different type of contracts for different folks.
Eita re koy hathe naate dhora...good point T_E bhai.

And yes, the story has ended...and it's time to move on. Sorry Surfer, but with all due respect, this thread is only a waste of time after all the happenings.
Old February 4, 2008, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:

1. BCCI and justice Hansen have cleared that BCCI did not have a chartered plane on hire to take the team back home. There was no threat made of pulling out if the judgment was against Harbhajan. The demand was purely of a fair hearing.
It was also flexing their "financial muscles".

Quote:
Sorry but that's probably the stupidest thing anyone posted in the history of this site (out of half a million or more posts). Even my 4 year old nephew will crack up if I tell him this.

Quote:
Which country will have this law: "If a series/tour gets cancel, the TV station must sue the sporting body"? ESPN can take a shot at legal action and CA will have a significant chance of losing. It's like I promise (on pen and paper) to sell you a car then I say I can't sell it to you. It's a breach of contract and makes CA liable of suing.

Quote:
Geez, I didn't know that. Anyway, what's there to be "clarified" here?

Quote:
Upto you to judge who is what.
My judgement is that you should move on because all these members, you, me, Symonds, Harbhajan, CA, BCCI or ICC can't undo what happened regardless whoever is at fault.

Last edited by Alien; February 4, 2008 at 08:44 AM..
Old February 6, 2008, 07:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

how do you feel about symonds being called a monkey? was this an issue of being ugly, bring black or perhaps looking a little different wearing all that suncream?