facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old April 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
The day that cheerleaders have been brought to cricket is one to remember.
They've been around for a while, especially in T20 cricket.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote

  #152  
Old April 18, 2008, 01:19 PM
bdchamp20 bdchamp20 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 8, 2007
Posts: 3,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
They've been around for a while, especially in T20 cricket.
These are special exclusive cheerleader for the Royal Challengers, they do cheerleading for NFL Washington team during NFL season.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old April 18, 2008, 01:28 PM
rubel_18's Avatar
rubel_18 rubel_18 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 12, 2007
Location: London, England
Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul
Posts: 2,355

Congrats to Kolkata Knight Riders for their win, wat an inning by McCullum
__________________
COME ON Bangladesh We Are Behind You All The Way
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old April 18, 2008, 01:40 PM
bdchamp20 bdchamp20 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 8, 2007
Posts: 3,921

Great T20 cricket from the Knight Riders, I back them to go all the way
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old April 18, 2008, 01:50 PM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 6,060

Bring in Abdur Razzak!
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old April 18, 2008, 02:01 PM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,882

kothin mair erei koi...
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old April 18, 2008, 02:12 PM
tiger_omar's Avatar
tiger_omar tiger_omar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 19, 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 2,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Well Im happy the bangalore bowling attack got thrashed, all the more reason to kick out cameron white and bring Razzak for the next match.
Maybe Rajjak might get selected on the team, when available, because their bowling attack was thrashed today, but I can guarantee you that Rajjak won't replace Cameron White.

Cameron White was paid $ 500 000 (I'm pretty sure of this) by Bangalore and he was brought in as a specialist 20/20 batsmen who can also bowl.

I read about Cam. White on Cricinfo:

Bangalore

It's not the best of signs when a captain uses the word "uncertainty" three times in a sentence, but Rahul Dravid still has plenty of options to choose from. A flurry of flip-flops ended with Jacques Kallis and Mark Boucher being allowed to stay back, and Ashley Noffke may turn into a good replacement for Nathan Bracken. Misbah-ul-Haq and Abdur Razzak, the Bangladesh left-arm spinner, won't be part of the first game - nor will the injured Anil Kumble - but Bangalore still have a potent line-up that can go all the way.

X-factor: Cameron White arrives with 878 runs in 26 Twenty20 matches. A strike-rate of 160.80 suggests an explosive quality like few others in the league. He's also a handy legspinner and could well be the lynchpin.


So I don't think that Cameron White will get dropped by Bangalore any time soon. But hopefully Rajjak will be brought in so we will have a real reason to cheer for Kolkata.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old April 18, 2008, 02:13 PM
tiger_omar's Avatar
tiger_omar tiger_omar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 19, 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 2,387

Should I make a match thread for the next two IPL games tomorrow, or is it fine without them?
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old April 18, 2008, 02:18 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_omar
But hopefully Rajjak will be brought in so we will have a real reason to cheer for Kolkata.
You mean for Bangalore. I'm already a Bengaluru supporter because of Razzak's inclusion.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old April 18, 2008, 02:33 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,592

Missed the game. Any one know any link for highlights
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old April 18, 2008, 03:34 PM
Shobha's Avatar
Shobha Shobha is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2007
Location: UK
Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi
Posts: 2,362

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_omar
Should I make a match thread for the next two IPL games tomorrow, or is it fine without them?
i think you should open one thread for both of them tomorrow
__________________
Ok guys, i cant take it any longer...the old sigi has to come back:

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old April 18, 2008, 04:06 PM
Cash$$$ Cash$$$ is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 18, 2008
Location: Boston
Favorite Player: Tamim/Sachin/Dada/Pilot
Posts: 143

I bet, Eden will be housefull on sunday! 90,000 crowd!!

Kolkata Knight Riders
vs
Deccan Chargers
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old April 18, 2008, 04:32 PM
tiger_omar's Avatar
tiger_omar tiger_omar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 19, 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 2,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
You mean for Bangalore. I'm already a Bengaluru supporter because of Razzak's inclusion.
Sorry, my fault. Yea, that's what I meant. Bangalore's team doesn't appeal to me as much as some of the others, but if Rajjak plays for them, then I can't be wrong cheering for them.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old April 18, 2008, 04:39 PM
Rumz_01's Avatar
Rumz_01 Rumz_01 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 1,727

was a wicked match! credz to brendon mcullum! was awesome batting!!
felt soo sorry for rahul dravid.. bless
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old April 18, 2008, 04:49 PM
Russell2k7 Russell2k7 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: Garden State
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 5,500

BS IPL. McCullum is a beast but he sure aint a monster. Lets see him do that against a good bowling attack like that of Saffies.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old April 18, 2008, 10:24 PM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 26,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_omar
Maybe Rajjak might get selected on the team, when available, because their bowling attack was thrashed today, but I can guarantee you that Rajjak won't replace Cameron White.

Cameron White was paid $ 500 000 (I'm pretty sure of this) by Bangalore and he was brought in as a specialist 20/20 batsmen who can also bowl.

I read about Cam. White on Cricinfo:

Bangalore

It's not the best of signs when a captain uses the word "uncertainty" three times in a sentence, but Rahul Dravid still has plenty of options to choose from. A flurry of flip-flops ended with Jacques Kallis and Mark Boucher being allowed to stay back, and Ashley Noffke may turn into a good replacement for Nathan Bracken. Misbah-ul-Haq and Abdur Razzak, the Bangladesh left-arm spinner, won't be part of the first game - nor will the injured Anil Kumble - but Bangalore still have a potent line-up that can go all the way.

X-factor: Cameron White arrives with 878 runs in 26 Twenty20 matches. A strike-rate of 160.80 suggests an explosive quality like few others in the league. He's also a handy legspinner and could well be the lynchpin.


So I don't think that Cameron White will get dropped by Bangalore any time soon. But hopefully Rajjak will be brought in so we will have a real reason to cheer for Kolkata.
U have to remember each IPL team can only include 4 foreigners. Last night bangalore had Kallis, boucher, white and noffke. Now when misbah bracken Razzak comes it may be tough for Razzak to get in.
But for kolkata , gayle can replace hafeez and that will strengthen the team. Not sure who is their foreign bowler who can also come in for hussey
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old April 18, 2008, 11:20 PM
Mahir's Avatar
Mahir Mahir is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team
 
Join Date: January 1, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut
Posts: 4,330

McCullum's time in the middle was outrageously attrocious! Regardless of the format of the game, quality of the opposition bowlers, pitch and condition, it HAS to be an innings of a lifetime, rich with true cricket shots and a few inevitable cheeky touches. What a show he put on... the opening ceremony earlier was spectacular, and McCullum bettered it and then some!
__________________
Heart. Dedication. Resilience. Never quit.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old April 19, 2008, 04:07 AM
Bengaliprince176's Avatar
Bengaliprince176 Bengaliprince176 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: UK- Notts
Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!
Posts: 1,013

what an innings by McCUllum, he was on fire!! Kolkata led by Dada will be strong competitors for this, i reckon!
__________________
Ek Tanatey Jemon Tamon, Do Tanatey Ruugi,
Tin Tanatey Raja Ujir, Char Tanetey Sukhi!!!
----KISHORE "THE LEGEND" KUMAR!!!!- Troyee-----
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket