facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 26, 2008, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Siddons has got it made with this assignment. He is the one who should be running the training camp for the national cricketers, he is on holiday.
When he returns, the cricketers will be playing domestic cricket, so what will he be doing? Seems that he is receiving a huge salary for 6 months of work in the year.
i thought that BCB had better brains to allow this guy to hoodwink them. By now, they should see it in clear daylight that he is making a lot of lame excuses, the No1 excuse is that BD is at No9 in the ICC ranking and there is no way that they can beat the other countries, they can only beat associate teams and maybe the cricketers honestly believe this.
Eventually,I can see the writing on the wall that he wants BD to lose their test status.
I have a very bad feeling about him. He never played in a test match, if he was such a terrific player, how come he was never in theOzzy National team as a test player or an ODI player?
If Australian state sides played as international teams, each one of them would have a chance of being world champions. You obviously have no clue as to how competitive the domestic matches are in Australia, let alone the quality of the players. If Siddons had tried for any other team besides Australia, you can bet he would've got a call to the national side.

Old April 26, 2008, 10:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Siddons has got it made with this assignment. He is the one who should be running the training camp for the national cricketers, he is on holiday.
When he returns, the cricketers will be playing domestic cricket, so what will he be doing? Seems that he is receiving a huge salary for 6 months of work in the year.
i thought that BCB had better brains to allow this guy to hoodwink them. By now, they should see it in clear daylight that he is making a lot of lame excuses, the No1 excuse is that BD is at No9 in the ICC ranking and there is no way that they can beat the other countries, they can only beat associate teams and maybe the cricketers honestly believe this.
Eventually,I can see the writing on the wall that he wants BD to lose their test status.
I have a very bad feeling about him. He never played in a test match, if he was such a terrific player, how come he was never in theOzzy National team as a test player or an ODI player?
What can we do ? Everything is as per the contract I guess.He is taking all the advantages and utilizing his vacation time for a good cause -spending time with his family or may be planning for the team ! Only time will tell how good he will be for the team.It's too early to judge him.
Old April 26, 2008, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
He speaks the truth, and I like being realistic.
Let me speak another truth. Currently JS is the worst coach compare to any other test playing team coach. He by no means a world class coach. He has been outclassed and outsmart by all the test playing coaches so far on and off the field. We by no means going anywhere with this coach who cares more for vacation than preparing his team for the next series. If he was in India, he would be long gone by now. So unlucky of us...
Old April 27, 2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

Siddons negative mentality has rubbed off on the whole team. He has the mentality of the poor asian coaches we had in the 90s.

The whole team has become a shambles lately.

Recently they did play some good cricket because they had a positive attitude towards the game.

Realistically we dont have a good chance of beating the main teams, but we have a fair chance. But if the coach gives them the license to loose then our team is only going to go downhill just like it was in the early 00's.
Old April 27, 2008, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Let me speak another truth. Currently JS is the worst coach compare to any other test playing team coach. He by no means a world class coach. He has been outclassed and outsmart by all the test playing coaches so far on and off the field. We by no means going anywhere with this coach who cares more for vacation than preparing his team for the next series. If he was in India, he would be long gone by now. So unlucky of us...

Right on! I never see him taking notes. He just sits there with a blank face. wish Tom Moody could have been the coach, that guy used to write down all mistakes and then have a feedback with the SL team.

IMO, he is babying this team, he needs to be sterner and hold each one more accountable, also he should let a few batsman play their natural game.
Blame his vacations on BCB, they were so desperate for a coach because the cricketers and fans were down their necks that they went and picked up this useless dumbo at such a hyped up price, I dont think he has a clue about BD cricket.