facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 18, 2008, 04:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

here is another interview and this one is pretty blunt...

http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/06/19/news0079.htm

Summary
Asked about ash batting.
He thinks its the right way for him and he want to get his avg at 40. but people didn't like his batting. He is wondering if fans and management wants his avg to stay at 20 and play a good inning in 3 years. he doesn't want that.

He thinks his best student is TI who never batted this well in his life. he learns quickly and wants to learn more

He has to teach players the basics where as in other country players learns when they r little. He used to teach Aus player new shots but here he has to teach them about foot work, bat lift etc basic stuff.

He is getting backup from BCB but some times they also wants quick results. But he doesn't believe in quick results. He thinks it may take 4/5 or more years when BD will start the real fight. He is just starting the process.

Ok people add the rest.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Last edited by akabir77; June 18, 2008 at 04:23 PM..

Old June 18, 2008, 04:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I read this interview and I think this is the first time he made some sense in his answers.

I just hope the players learn the things quick and start performing as time is very short.
Old June 18, 2008, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
here is another interview and this one is pretty blunt...

http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/06/19/news0079.htm
I liked it. Hope others will realize what is intended in the messages as well. Guys who are criticising now are said to be praising him in 2/3 years time -Siddons said. Mind it!
Old June 18, 2008, 08:17 PM
BC Editorial Team

These interviews can be summed up very quickly. Siddons to naysayers: "kiss my grits"!

And I'm ok with that. He has a plan and I'm going to give him the rope. But can he do something about Enam?
Old June 19, 2008, 01:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
These interviews can be summed up very quickly. Siddons to naysayers: "kiss my grits"!

And I'm ok with that. He has a plan and I'm going to give him the rope. But can he do something about Enam?
lol.. under him, in general the bowling has been a very low key aspect of the game. the only thing he looks for is pace from pace bowlers. i think this will need a spin bowling coach or somethin...

but on the positive side, he did discover some new bowlers such as farhad and eliminated the bowling of aftab-thank god!
Old June 19, 2008, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

We were doing better under Shaun Williams. Bring him back.
Old June 19, 2008, 02:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Glad to see that Siddons reiterated everything, I have already mentioned in my posts, even before his bangla interview was published. makes you wonder if he reads this forum (j/k).

With whatmore we won something like 5 games against test playing nations over 4 years. With Siddons, we are ready to roast him in less than one year?

I will repeat myself and say that I stand by my coach till the last series of his two year term. I am not a big fan of whatmore, and I believe whatmore has set a bad example to our players. JS will need some time to fix things.
Old June 19, 2008, 02:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
We were doing better under Shaun Williams. Bring him back.
... back to mars.
Old June 19, 2008, 03:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Just wanted to point out what Richard Mcines (sp?) said about Siddons when he was selected to coach BD team:
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
At long last the BCB have finally appointed a coach!! It has been a long drawn out process as you are all aware but they have made an excellent choice in selecting Jamie.

He is in it for all the right reasons and has a wealth of playing and as importantly coaching experience. We have spoken alot over the past few weeks about Bangladesh, the coaching job, the players, the country and the people and I am very confident he will do an outstanding job with the team, taking them to a new level.

Please get behind him and provide all the support you can, as it is still a very challenging job for anyone and there is still much work to do, before BD becomes a consistently competitive team in all forms of the game.

Best wishes

Observer
Link to the post: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...572#post559572
Old June 19, 2008, 03:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Wait for four years? He has already booked the credits for the anticipated hard work of the next coach.

I will be happy to be proven wrong by JS. That will be pleasant to be wrong. But I don't eat words and commitments. I believe in process & results. BD players have done centuries and 200+ runs before also, now they are naturally expected to do more than before.

Nothing to start jumping with his words. Lets see how the team performs in 2008. Back your words with Actions JS
Old June 19, 2008, 06:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I would also like to point out that last year BD was pulverized by the SLs. Gowza is right, BD was not bowled out for less than 100 runs by NZ and SA. Their performance was far bette than in their test showing last year. Against NZ, they batted 2 innings, also against SA, so there has to be some credit that they have improved in Test cricket.
They have to improve in ODIs, and I am sure that in one game against the stronger teams they will put up over 250 runs if they bat carefully. Their fielding and bowling has to be improved 100 %.

I am sure that Siddons is working them hard at the moment.
Old June 19, 2008, 09:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I am behind our coach 100%. To the posters who wants success there is no shortcut in Sports. (or anything else). With shortcut you will have those 5 wins in 5 years and rest you will bang your head against the wall. You guys r just saying we scored 200 before so whats so different now? I would say go and watch the games. you will know. Even the match that we won against Pakistan in 99 the openers had no clue they missed the balls like 200th time and it was pure luck that we score those 200+ runs. In every match that we won or made 200+ you will see how lucky our batsmen were who batted anda gunda and at least more than 1 time. Even in the australia game Ash could have gotten out at least three time by playing rash strokes. That tells me we depend on more luck then our capability. Siddions is changing that.

If you can't catch the by watching the game then i have nothing to say but ask you to watch top teams games more...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled