facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 9, 2004, 12:49 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

the question i raised above was whether 2 day matches are 2 innings per side or one. obviously, at least this match was 1 inning perside.

congrat calves.

Old August 9, 2004, 01:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Say What ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Habibul_bashar
Tour matches played well by senior national teams.266 runs like a dream.
-Am I the only lost one here? what in God's green earth are you talking about H_b?
Old August 9, 2004, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yes this one was indeed a one inning per side match...bangladesher khela has reported that DOE scored 298/8 off 104 overs.

Still waiting for something from the coach...a hint or two on the strength of the DOE side...
Old August 9, 2004, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

New Age reported this game as a "dull draw". I am confused!
Old August 9, 2004, 06:41 PM
Richard McInnes
Manager / Head coach, National Cricket Academy
Former BD U19 Coach

I can't believe some of the crap i am reading, I generally appreciate the thoughts and comments on this site, but some of the things i have been reading are so ridiculous it is not funny and down right insulting to the players.

The lads have played all their practice matches against ECB Development of Excellence XI teams, which have on all occasions included players who are in the England U19 squad of 15 players. For example the match just completed contained Steve Davies who will bat 3 and keep wickets for England in the test tomorrow. The other players are 17 and 18 year olds who are vying for selection int he England U19 team for their winter tour to Sth Africa in January Feb 2005.. There are certainly no 12,13, 14 or even15 year olds playing against our team.

please give a little credit to the players where it is due, instread of criticising even when they do well.

To give you some idea i would estimate that the standard of the practice matches we have played would be as good or better than the Grameen Corporate League this year. I have spoken to a few players about it and they agreed. Hopefully that helps to put things in perspective for you.

The second test starts tomorrow on a batsmen friendly Taunton wicket. The players are confident and looking forward to the challenge, We will have to play well to win as the English side is very good, but we gave them a scare in the first match, Sufficient for them to drop three players from the frist test team.

It was Nafees Iqbal who scored the 266 and it took him over 6 hours which was the best part, He was dropped once on 80 odd then bowled off a no ball when about 250. Other than that he batted very well, very patient.

Cheers
Old August 9, 2004, 06:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Nice game! Congrats to coach and our boys.
Old August 9, 2004, 07:05 PM
Banned

Thanks, coach, & congrats to you and the team. So, what was it? did they win or was it a draw?
Old August 9, 2004, 07:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Nice going U-19 boys
Well done Coach McInnes

266 is no small achievement regardless of the opposition, and to score it against a good side speaks volumes for the talent of our young Nafees Iqbal.

Now the tough part is to keep up this performance...Looking forward to some good cricket in the coming matches.
Old August 9, 2004, 07:28 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by observer
I can't believe some of the crap i am reading, I generally appreciate the thoughts and comments on this site, but some of the things i have been reading are so ridiculous it is not funny and down right insulting to the players.
It was Nafees Iqbal who scored the 266 and it took him over 6 hours which was the best part, He was dropped once on 80 odd then bowled off a no ball when about 250. Other than that he batted very well, very patient.

Cheers
Thanks coach for a job well done. Thanks to U19 for showing such a great batting.

Please disregard some of the comments in this thread. Due to lack of information some of the members here went on wild speculation about the opposition and their age.

We love our U19, they are the future. Full credit goes to them for their extra-ordinary performance. Not only in this game but they are doing excellent throughout the tour.

Please convey our congratulations Nafis Iqbal. His 266 is massive achievement. Hopefully he will continue his form and do well in the national team. Good luck to him from all of us.

Go U19 you guys rock.
Old August 9, 2004, 07:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Please disregard some of the comments in this thread. Due to lack of information some of the members here went on wild speculation about the opposition and their age.
...also, we fans are used to being dissapointed. So when good news does come our way, many among us tend to think that it was a freak incident, or dumb luck. That partly explains all the 'crap' comments.

Anyhow, is the next match going to be covered by cricinfo? Im getting tired of relying on bangladesher khela.com. You always have to think twice before believng anything they say.
Old August 9, 2004, 07:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by observer
Crap is the right word to describe some of the comments that doesn't make any sense. People are posting comments without thinking. Think! Before you post! God gave u brain not to waste it. Build a crap filter in the head. Then run your thoughts through the crap filter. Post only uncraps! Keep the craps for you!:P
Old August 9, 2004, 08:24 PM
Street Cricketer

This is how "Crap" originates.

From 'Bangla Mastan' :
-----------------------------------------------
"I heard from someone who knows someone who watched the match.....just one or two small crowds....but nothing special...the opponents ages were from as small as 12 year olds....according to this source...so its not really an achievement....scoring real big against them....because this is meant to be standard... "

-----------------------------------------------------
Seesh...

pavs
Old August 9, 2004, 09:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Chinaman post the score here plz.
Old August 9, 2004, 10:15 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Final Scores: (104 overs each)

BD U19: 535/10 in 99 overs
Nafees: 266
Dhiman: 84
Nadif: 55

Eng U19: 298/4 in 104 overs

BD won the match as it was played like a limited over match.

Lets close this thread and post in the test thread. Thank you.

[Edited on 8-10-2004 by chinaman]
Old August 10, 2004, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default Coach

BD fans are actually not used to this kind of success...there've been many occassions where we were overwhelmed by our teams' performances but were let down when we came to know about the strength of the opposition. I'm pretty sure that the guys on this board were just trying to make sure that the opponents that we've been facing in this tour are pretty strong - just to make sure that our boys were doing well under intense competition and pressure from the opposition. Nobody was accusing the players of anything, or trying to make their achievements look small.

There were also a couple of crappy posts regarding the age of the players...some people were saying that the English players were of 12 years of age...this kind of information was pretty misleading.

The misunderstanding and speculations were just caused by lack of both information and the habit of getting let down by our teams.

However, I'm pretty sure nobody would be unwilling to give the boys the credit they deserve.
Old August 10, 2004, 07:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

I was at this match on Saturday and the boys played very well. The english dev. squad are fairly young as some of them only play in 2nd teams in County Cricket.

Nafis Iqbal batted really well in sweltering heat of around 26 degress celcius. Nafees and Aftab Ahmed showed glimses of their stroke play before both being dismissed in the 30's.

Talking to Aftab i told him he has chance of playing in the National team and he said 'he does not know if he will get the chance or not as he has heard nothing'.

I also asked Nafees Ahmed the same question and he replied 'i am taking it step by step as i was dropped for the U19 world cup and now i'm back in and have no thoughts of playing in National team yet but inshallah i will play very soon as everything is in the hands of allah.

Aftab is very impressed on how Nafees Ahmed is doing and so are all the other players and management team.

When Nafees does get his chance to play in the National squad he will do well, i'll put my house on it.
Old August 10, 2004, 07:42 AM
Retired BC Admin

That's pretty good observation, SHISH AHMED. How come you are not at today's game? We could get more info from you.

Where are the pictures?

By the way, please write down your conversations with the players as well as your own thoughts and either post here or u2u to me or any moderator. We will publish it in the front page.