facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 6, 2008, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Suggested modification: "if we could have learned ANYTHING from ANYBODY at all."
Correction: If only we had the capacity to learn.

Old July 6, 2008, 02:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Correction: If only we had the capacity to learn.
Very true. I was getting ahead of myself there, must be the pagol kaura optimism in our air ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 6, 2008, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Great! Now we can say goodbye to any hope of doing little better against Srilanka after Murali's retirement
Old July 6, 2008, 10:18 PM
BC Editorial Team

Looks like these guys know to bat in only one fashion and when the pitch or the bowler does something unexpected, they are clueless. Yuvraj, Raina and Sharma all fell to cross-batted shots when they did not know which way the ball was turning and only Dhoni played with a straight bat.

Tendulkar and Dravid v Mendis in the Tests would be interesting. My guess is that Mendis would win some early battles but they will work him out before the end of the series.
Old July 6, 2008, 10:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

The slap on the face for Ramiz by Dhoni was hilarious...but then again, India media made it happen for Ramiz

Great game today...Mendis left the people clueless. And Sanath...man, don't even think of retiring before another 5 years.
Old July 7, 2008, 06:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Blighted by bad timing, dead pitches
Sidharth Monga in Karachi

For two weeks almost everyone in Karachi - the department store owner, the chemist, the hotel security guard, the hotel manager, the taxi driver - talked cricket. They discussed Pakistan cricket and the lack of stars and, once Pakistan were out of the tournament, they discussed the strengths of the Indian and Sri Lankan teams. But it's probable that none of them, store owner to taxi driver, bothered to actually turn up at the National Stadium. Even an India-Pakistan match could not fill the stands.

It seems, though, the administrators can't see the problem - or, if they can, don't appear too concerned. Nasim Ashraf, the PCB chairman, called a press-conference in the middle of the Pakistan-Bangladesh game, one of the many one-sided games, and suggested the crowds didn't know what they were missing.

The likely truth is, the crowds knew what they were missing. Because these matches were played in the heat of June and July, and with a fair sprinkling of mismatches - five out of six in the first round - there was hardly anything drawing the paying public to the grounds. One of the reasons why Ashraf thought this Asia Cup was the greatest thing since sliced bread was because more than 600 were being scored in every match. It is time administrators stopped disrespecting the audience's intelligence: a flat wicket, predictably yielding 600 runs, with batsmen getting out due more to fatigue than the skills of their opponents, and bowlers present to make up the numbers, is not cricket, even for fans in the subcontinent.

Full Article
Old July 7, 2008, 06:32 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO, ACC should make this a twenty20 event. This way it won't be so dull, players won't have to kill themselves in heat of June-July, and ACC will still earn good revenue from it.
Old July 8, 2008, 12:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Warning for India:

There was a time during the captaincy of Ganguly when India used to choke in the final of any series. I thought India overcame that phase when they won the tour in Asutralia, but suddenly the disease is back. Dhoni's India lost the Kitply Cup final and also the Asia Cup final.

And one more word about Dhoni: I would rate Dhoni as the best captain of the sub-contiment. As a captain he is young, but the way he transformed himself and the way he leads from front everytime are nothing but praise-worthy. He also cut his hair and become a gentle man

I didn't like him at all, but now a days I have to admit that I admire Captain Dhoni. India made the right choice.