facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 13, 2008, 02:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

did u notice BC just died off after the game?.........Its so silent in here i can hear the pindrops...only a few of u are alive and still singing the tunes of victory.....

I must say that second game really tore the hearts out of many of the fans....just the way it happened...when the BD fielders walked off...I said to myself...WE MIGHT HAVE THIS IN THE COOKIE JAR...but I was to get a rude awakening of Australia vs. Bangladesh 3rd ODI replay special....

I dont really care...its still tied (when was the last time that happened?)...

GAME 3 ACTUALLY MATTERS GUYS...THIS IS ALSO A FIRST TIME EVENT AGAINST MAJOR OPP.

Lets not choke on this.....

We have got to cook the kiwi when its in our backyard...usually in BD, we capture it, cut its head off, pluck its feathers, then chop it into little pieces and feed it to the kids....

This is no different. Good Luck BD.

Old October 13, 2008, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

it's not about us choking... its the players job to not choke... however i am sorry to say they haven't proved otherwise... tomr we will most likely see the same scenario of bangladeshi team not only choking but having all kinds of collapses. I don't think they are mentally prepared for the win. Before the ODI series started i did feel there is going to be a win, that win is already achieved. Now it's turn for us to return to ways after we achieve the initial target, example super 8 of WC2007 and 20-20 WC. Even if I am wrong there is no way we are winning this, in other words there will be a situation where the match can be won by us but as usual we falter....

Not being pessimistic, m just realistic
Old October 13, 2008, 04:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
In the last three one day matches, we lost two, won one, but could have won all three. To me that is a positive sign. We gotta keep knockin on the door. Keep the games close. Thats how you learn to win. It won't come overnight but staying in the game or be in situations to win any game will certainly raise our chances for wins.
Perfect.

We made some sort of Half chances in last three and won one. Our poor batting was responsible for missing on the other two chances created by the bowlers. That's where the criticism comes; that the batsmen performed & did their job in one out of last 20. It was only the bowlers who created the posibilities. fielding had ample of errors. So basically it's not an improvement as a team.

But about the stat, We one one in last around probably 20. The batsmen have been in same old standard in all but one match.
Old October 13, 2008, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
we've HAVE NEVER BEFORE been in the position of clinching a series against top teams, so it was a new experience for ALL of our players.
Errm... we already have, against Sri Lanka in 2006 home series, where we levelled the series with 1-1 in Dhaka and lost the decisive one in Chittagong by some odd 76 runs or so.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old October 13, 2008, 11:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarene
Errm... we already have, against Sri Lanka in 2006 home series, where we levelled the series with 1-1 in Dhaka and lost the decisive one in Chittagong by some odd 76 runs or so.
thats not clinching, that was the final match. clinching means being up 2-0 in a 3 game series, or 3-0 or 3-1 in a 5 match series.

also, at that stage we were much more content with winning the odd ODI match here and there, players (and fans) were not very interested in winning a series because we knew it was beyond us at that point.

it is no longer beyond our capability. doesn't mean it will happen, but we should be able to win the odd series here and there now.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 13, 2008, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

i know that the loss in the 2nd odi hurt us greatly.. but look at the positive guys.. like beamer bhai said, in the past 3 matches.. we have come very close to winning.. even though we won only 1 off those 3.. this definitely shows that we are improving.. the batsman need to improve more.. fielders need to be more careful.. and all the players should keep a calm head tomorrow.. we don't get chances like this everyday.. the series is still within our reach.. so lets just forget abt the 2nd match and concentrate on tomorrows match..
Old October 13, 2008, 11:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

they way some you guys are acting right now is very childish, childish is the wrong word more like Drama Queens
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old October 14, 2008, 05:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Well they lost, lose all the expectations
Old October 14, 2008, 06:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly, Rafiq, Klusner

i need to get a grip! i never felt this bad, never been this regretful before, not after the 2nd ODI either...but some how i am sad over the 2nd odi now! our best chance! even today! target was 250! not 350! they didnt have to do all that crazyness.

tamim really had to play a big innings. and it was his day! the way he got life on the 1st bowl. and all those air bowl droping short!
but he couldnt make use of it!!

UGH!
Old October 14, 2008, 06:09 AM
Test Cricketer

You see fellas, this is why I didn't celebrate after the first ODI, because I knew at that time that it, like most of our ODI wins, was a likely a fluke, and now I am (sadly) proven right.
Old October 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

The most regretable thing of BD performance was: No development in last one year, it has only deteriorated.