facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 10, 2009, 09:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Lets talk about the cat cause the game is over

Raj hits a four BUC wins the championship

Old May 10, 2009, 09:47 AM
Cricket Savant

The cat was running around and no one came to pick it up so he settled right infront of Chittagong Mayor's (Chief guest) seat inside the field. Nice place for photo shoot.

Cameramen now focused on the cat not on the game lol, I am no kidding this was funnier than comedy central, the entire match
Old May 10, 2009, 09:47 AM
Cricket Sage

T_E what did you thought of Zia? to me he seemed like a better version of reza thats about it..
Old May 10, 2009, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Lets talk about the cat cause the game is over

Raj hits a four BUC wins the championship
Congrats to Brothers Union and Congrats to NAFIS IQBAL for coming back to business again....

BTW....TE bhai, What was Nafis's final score? he was unbeaten again, right?
Old May 10, 2009, 09:49 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
The cat was running around and no one came to pick it up so he settled right infront of Chittagong Mayor's (Chief guest) seat inside the field. Nice place for photo shoot.

Cameramen now focused on the cat not on the game lol, I am no kidding this was funnier than comedy central, the entire match
i think it was a plan from the management to make a little comedy end of the game.lol
Old May 10, 2009, 09:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Rashid Hanif 53 and 15/3
Kapu 61
Nafis 53*
Old May 10, 2009, 09:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
T_E what did you thought of Zia? to me he seemed like a better version of reza thats about it..
Two different league. I like Zia size also. Looks like a sports person.
Old May 10, 2009, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

T_E uncle, Zia seemed a version of Aftab with bat. Good thing is that he knows to rotate strike. How was his bowling?

Last edited by Ashfaq; May 10, 2009 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: stupid typo
Old May 10, 2009, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

congrats Brothers!
Old May 10, 2009, 10:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Okay presentations:

Wasim Nayeem gets a Motor bike for a man of the series, best batsman I think 198 runs with six wkts as well

Rabbi from Brothers Union best Wicket Keeper

Best Bowler Brothers Union Mo Yonus, 8 wickets

Man of the match Kapu 61 of 31.
++++
Whats the big deal putting Al-hajj infront of everyone's name? yet when those people start their speech they don't even mention anything about their lord?
Old May 10, 2009, 10:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
T_E uncle, Zia seemed a version of Aftab with bat. Good thing is that he knows to rotate strike. How was his bowling?
His bowling was okay even though he went for 16 in one over. The team fielding was atrocious.

Haven't seen a single yorker in both innings by anyone. Sad!!
Old May 10, 2009, 10:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Now fire works with final countdown music. by the way, looks like a full moon.
Old May 10, 2009, 10:16 AM
Cricket Savant

I will be signing off here now but before I go....

Doesn't matter how poor the quality was (organizing, game, telecasting, camera etc.) I have enjoyed the whole match to the fullest. Room for improvement ofcourse. Big thanks to ATN Bangla for broadcasting.
Old May 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Okay presentations:

Wasim Nayeem gets a Motor bike for a man of the series, best batsman I think 198 runs with six wkts as well

Rabbi from Brothers Union best Wicket Keeper

Best Bowler Brothers Union Mo Yonus, 8 wickets

Man of the match Kapu 61 of 31.
++++
Whats the big deal putting Al-hajj infront of everyone's name? yet when those people start their speech they don't even mention anything about their lord?
Please don bring religion onto everything. It is their personal choice.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
You are right of course. But I don't think T_E uncle was trying to bring relifion into anything. I think he was pointing out one more hypocretic behaviour of us Bangalees.

If you insist on putting Al-Hajj in front of your name, It would mean you are proud to perform hajj, which in turn would indicate that you are pious and thankful. Yet if you do not thank Allh before a speech in the TV, than clearly you are not as pious as you should be. In that case one should drop the Al-Hajj from his name.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Thanks Siraji for sticking up for me. Make sure you read the whole post. Take it as a BC reading assignment for the day.
Quote:
I will reply in two parts:
Part one: It was just an observation that was sore to my ears. I had no agenda of bringing religion in to the discussion. However, since you replied, now I will bring religion and politics (bonus) in to the discussion. Had you not replied in a negative way, I wouldn't be elaborating on hypocritical actions by our political leaders. Thank you for replying, I got a platform now. May Allah forgive us.

Sura Hadid Verse 20: (Yusuf Ali translation)
http://www.harunyahya.com/Quran_tran...nslation57.php
Quote:
20. Know ye (all), that the life of this world is but play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting and multiplying, (in rivalry) among yourselves, riches and children. Here is a similitude: How rain and the growth which it brings forth, delight (the hearts of) the tillers; soon it withers; thou wilt see it grow yellow; then it becomes dry and crumbles away. But in the Hereafter is a Penalty severe (for the devotees of wrong). And Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the devotees of Allah.. And what is the life of this world, but goods and chattels of deception?
Explanation of the verse (I have color coded for the purpose of clarity): In one ayat Allah subhanawa tala describes our entire life.
First, He compares our whole life to "play". As a child, he/she can only think of playing besides eating and sleeping. That all his entire life is about. All he can think is playing.

Now when they get a little older, playing doesn't cut it anymore. They want entertainment. Video games, sports becomes the most important part of their life. If you ask them "you want to raise a family?", they would just look at you "what, you are crazy man"?

Then we move on to beautification (Zinatun - pomp). Entertainment no longer interest the teenagers. What and how we dress, how our face looks is the prime objective of our lives. Ask him/her to pay mortgage payments they will say the same thing, "Crazy". They are more in to what type of ride they are going to have, what rims and fog lights would make them popular, faded jeans, belt buckles etc.

Then we grow a little older now the urge to prove ourselves become our life. You want to prove you belong. You are no longer a teenager and you want your voice to be heard. You get a diploma and you want to show it to everyone, you get a job you call up everyone and you talk about the interviews and salary etc. YOU PERFORM AN OBLIGATORY RELIGIOUS ACT AND YOU HAVE TO SHOW IT TO PEOPLE THAT YOU HAVE DONE IT. PUT AL-HAJJ IN FRONT OF YOUR NAME (boasting). You can not say Mr. so and so but you have to say DR. or PROF. so and so. Title is important. You have to tell others you have done/achieved something. It says I am a dignitary, I have achieved something, so recognize me.

Then you move along with your life and suddenly the focus changes. You get married and constantly you start thinking about Money (riches). You can't stay at a rented house any more, you need a house, need savings. Your family grows and all can think about is your kids (children). Money and kids that is all constantly bombarding your head. What am I going to do with these kids? Which school they will go to?

See, what Allah Subhanawatala is telling us is this is all our worldly life amounts to. Now He didn't just finish the verse there. He compares the life to Heavy rainfall falling over a firm. What a peculiar comparison. The farmer (Kuffar - not only disbeliever but the one who has put a lot of effort) have worked hard all year long and the land is dry. Yet he is very hopeful to get something out of his hard work but it depends on heavy rainfall. Then the abundant rain comes and the farmer sees the sprout and the crop mature, and he becomes happy (delight). But the next thing Allah does not describes harvest because that what the farmer was suppose to do. After Maturing the farmer didn't get to use of what he wanted, and the crops turned yellow. When it turned yellow it is too late. Then it became to crust and useless (crumbled away). Meaning the farmers all effort went to waste.

So if all you can see is Play, Entertainment, Beautification, Urge to prove yourself, Money and kids; if that is all you can see in your life then THEN YOU HAVE REDUCED YOUR LIFE TO NOTHING (Useless). Because you have put hopes on something that is meant to leave you. Either we will leave this world or the hopes of life (youth/children/money) would leave us. And one of the two is bound to happen. Reality. We need to learn to want something/be obsessed with something that will not go (wither away) which will stay. He explains what will stay, intense punishment (azab) or forgiveness from your lord. All this worldly life is nothing but means of deception.
Explanation ends.
+++
Al-Hajj Mohiuddin (Chit Mayor) was the chief guest of the final PCL match. If not 10 then at least 5 times the announcer mentions "Al-Hajj" before handing over the microphone. What fault the announcer has cause he does what is told. Well this Haji starts his speech but does not recognize his own lord. What type of Haji (Muslim matter of fact), who boast in performing Hajj and don't mention the grace of his lord first in any public gathering unless hypocricy is deeply rooted with in himself? The urge to prove to the people, most political leaders (and many others) often lose the plot of life.

May the Almighty guide us all.
Quote:
Part 2: Certainly I do not bring religion onto everything. However, I will try my best to do so from here on. praising the lord is our only real duty in this life.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; May 11, 2009 at 11:47 AM..
Old May 11, 2009, 11:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Heartiest congrats to Beradarars.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 11, 2009, 12:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Quote:
Mijan bhai, its just a PR strategy.
Puttin Al-Haj before your name does ring a soft corner on the people of a country where 80% is Muslim.

HWG, I dont think he was trying to bring religion into it. It was just a mere observation and for somebody who has recently performed his Holy Hajj, he cant help but notice this things.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 11, 2009, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thanks Siraji for sticking up for me. Make sure you read the whole post. Take it as a BC reading assignment for the day.

Certainly I do not bring religion onto everything. However, I will try my best to do so from here on. praising the lord is our only real duty in this life.
T_E uncle taile obosheshe Hajj perform korlen. Hajj Mabruuk.

It is a truely holy experience.

Back on track, মনে হয়না HWG উদ্দেশ্যমূলক ভাবে কিছু বলেছে। If you feel the urge to go Said Anwar on us due to your "enlightenment" then by all means, show us the light.

But doing it on HWG's account won't be right. Good actions must be done for pure cause.
Old May 14, 2009, 12:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Top 10 bowlers:

NameBallsMdnsRunsWktsBBAve4wI5wISRateEcon
Mohammad Younus (BU)8908593-149.44 009.88 5.73
Elias Sunny (TS)5405575-177.85 017.71 6.11
Dolar Mahmud (BU)84011773-2616.71 0012.00 8.35
BMAJ Mendis (Isp)4815165-338.50 018.00 6.37
KS Lokuarachchi (TS)6606862-1511.33 0011.00 6.18
Syed Rasel (Ab)9007162-1711.83 0015.00 4.73
Kashif Naved (DW)8407963-1613.16 0014.00 5.64
J Mubarak (BU)11419762-716.16 0019.00 5.10
Wasim Naeem (DT)108014463-3424.00 0018.00 8.00
K Weeraratne (TS)6207052-1514.00 0012.40 6.77

no.16
Shahadat Hossain (DT)97113852-427.60 0019.40 8.53

Abdur Razzak (BU)9009842-3224.50 0022.50 6.53

Rubel Hossain (DW)78014121-3170.50 0039.00 10.84

Last edited by Murad; May 14, 2009 at 12:21 AM..
Old May 14, 2009, 12:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Top 11 batsmen:

NameMatchesInnsNot OutRunsHSAve10050CtSt
Wasim Naeem (DT)55119879 49.50 011
Nafees Iqbal (BU)55216370*54.33 025
CK Kapugedera (BU)55115861 39.50 012
Saeed Anwar (DW)44015645 39.00 001
Tamim Iqbal (Ab)44114954 49.66 010
Junaid Siddique (DW)44014877 37.00 021
Ziaur Rahman (DT)54213578*67.50 012
LPC Silva (Ab)44213063 65.00 015
Shamsur Rahman (Isp)33012771 42.33 011
Mehrab Hossain (BU)55012459 24.80 010
Naeem Islam (Pir)33112457*62.00 023
Old May 14, 2009, 12:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good to see iqbal bros, rasel and razzak doing well. rajib needs to keep his econ to around 7 an over, and rubel really disappointed big time.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 14, 2009, 01:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

kudos to nafees and rubel for their excellent performance
Old May 14, 2009, 01:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Yes Iqbal brothers played well in this tourney but still highest scorer is a foreign player.