facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 9, 2009, 12:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Talking BD U'19 won the series 4-1!!

Sri Lanka Under-19s inningsRunsBallsMins4s6s
*+LD Chandimallbw b Abul Hasan4341-
BMB Ekanayakec Anamul Haque b Abul Hasan55161-
PBB Rajapakshab Saikat Ali36253642
RJI Udayangac and b Mahmudul Hasan1929623-
MDKJ Pererab Kamrul Islam5280972-
MDUS Jayasunderac Kamrul Islam b Noor Hossain052--
PC de Silvac Noor Hossain b Mohammad Rubel3445444-
DSD Weerasinghelbw b Mahmudul Hasan1635511-
KPCM Peirisnot out30436011
GSM Ekanayakec Sabbir Rahman b Mahmudul Hasan813191-
KKMR Pererab Sabbir Rahman5159--
Extras(1 b, 2 lb, 2 nb, 13 w)18
Total(all out, 49.2 overs)227
Fall of wickets:
1-6 (Chandimal, 0.3 ov), 2-17 (BMB Ekanayake, 2.3 ov), 3-50 (Rajapaksha, 6.4 ov), 4-90 (Udayanga, 14.6 ov), 5-91 (Jayasundera, 15.6 ov), 6-149 (de Silva, 30.4 ov), 7-162 (MDKJ Perera, 34.1 ov), 8-191 (Weerasinghe, 41.3 ov), 9-215 (GSM Ekanayake, 46.3 ov), 10-227 (KKMR Perera, 49.2 ov)
Bangladesh Under-19s bowlingOversMdnsRunsWktsWidesNo-Balls
Abul Hasan5 027221
Kamrul Islam7 044151
Saikat Ali3 0181--
Noor Hossain10 04111-
Mahmudul Hasan10 0323--
Mohammad Rubel6 0151--
Sabbir Rahman6.203612-
Shaker Ahmed2 0110--

Bangladesh Under-19s inningsRunsBallsMins4s6s
Amit Majumderc sub (MR Jaleel) b de Silva102127141103
Saikat Alic Chandimal b Peiris0814--
Mohammad Rubelst Chandimal b Udayanga11518--
+Anamul Haquec and b KKMR Perera38571001-
*Mahmudul Hasanb de Silva4819--
Sabbir Rahmanc Weerasinghe b Peiris37395831
Noor Hossainrun out (Weerasinghe)1013121-
Taibur Rahmannot out27213531
Abul Hasannot out003--
Shaker Ahmeddid not bat
Kamrul Islamdid not bat
Extras(4 b, 1 lb, 1 nb, 3 w)9
Total(7 wickets, 47.5 overs)228
Fall of wickets:
1-9 (Saikat Ali, 2.5 ov), 2-16 (Mohammad Rubel, 7.6 ov), 3-148 (Anamul Haque, 33.5 ov), 4-148 (Amit Majumder, 34.2 ov), 5-160 (Mahmudul Hasan, 38.1 ov), 6-171 (Noor Hossain, 41.1 ov), 7-214 (Sabbir Rahman, 46.6 ov)
Sri Lanka Under-19s bowlingOversMdnsRunsWktsWidesNo-Balls
Peiris8 22721-
GSM Ekanayake5 0330--
Udayanga8.51401-1
KKMR Perera10 0471--
Rajapaksha6 03001-
Weerasinghe3 0240--
de Silva7 1222--

BD won by 3 wickets.
MoM: Amit Majumdar
PoS: Noor Hossain

Old May 9, 2009, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good job by the boys, and congrats to amit on his ton!

4-1 is a demolition job though the games were close. hopefully this U19 team will get better over the next 6-8 months.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 9, 2009, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Saikat failed after starting the series well. Overall, I've to say the top order didn't pack much of a punch but the lower order, opners and bowlers did a steller job.
Old May 9, 2009, 02:58 PM
Street Cricketer

come on sl selectors get chandimal and rajapakshe into the team and stop worrying abt this series cuz we need jus 2-4 players from da u19 squad every 2years
Old May 9, 2009, 03:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^I didn't at all understand the post above..!!?

Anyway...Alhamdulillah, wanderful job by the youngstars!!!!
4-1, and also coming from one down!!! Great, Awesome!!!
Rock on!!! Go BD U-19!!
Old May 9, 2009, 05:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

why is it that our U-19 side is actually pretty damn good (even after we remove players for our national side) but that never carries over to the main team
Old May 9, 2009, 05:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

because in u19 cricket talent goes a lot further than in the open national team. in open international cricket everyone is talented, it's more about who works the hardest and who learns from their mistakes the best, and who improves, it's about attitude, desire, determination, INTERNAL motivation (not external which on this forum people always say it's the coaches job to motivate, wrong, the player has to have their own motivation to succeed at the highest level). also i think once players get past the u19s they tend to take their cricket more seriously and that brings all the things i said above and more, but in BD i'm not sure it happens, at least not to the degree that it does in other places of the world.
Old May 9, 2009, 08:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Out of 148, 102 was Amit's. He scored the century by the 34th over. With first 8 overs producing only 18 runs. Nothing but smiles!!!!
Old May 9, 2009, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Happy happy joy joy. Now go win the world cup.
Old May 10, 2009, 02:24 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
^^I didn't at all understand the post above..!!?

Anyway...Alhamdulillah, wanderful job by the youngstars!!!!
4-1, and also coming from one down!!! Great, Awesome!!!
Rock on!!! Go BD U-19!!
BD has been having pretty good u19 teams but ur domestic structure is not strong enough so they dnt improve enuff to face the international world...and itz not lyk the whole u19 is going to represent ones country......one or two special players wil turn up from the team..tough domestic cricket and international tours is the main reason behind sl players success..so when BD u19s make more tours to other countries and play more cricket they wil eventually be the toughest sides in the world...and i see it coming soon...
Old May 10, 2009, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

4-1 Victory. Nice job boys
Old May 10, 2009, 07:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzu1
BD has been having pretty good u19 teams but ur domestic structure is not strong enough so they dnt improve enuff to face the international world...and itz not lyk the whole u19 is going to represent ones country......one or two special players wil turn up from the team..tough domestic cricket and international tours is the main reason behind sl players success..so when BD u19s make more tours to other countries and play more cricket they wil eventually be the toughest sides in the world...and i see it coming soon...
I see, makes sense bro, you are indeed right.
But I am still very very happy with this BD U-19 4-1 result.
Old May 11, 2009, 01:58 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
I see, makes sense bro, you are indeed right.
But I am still very very happy with this BD U-19 4-1 result.
yep a very good performance.....hope sl team learns alot from BD u19 and improves..
Old May 11, 2009, 03:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifthemanrahman
happy happy joy joy. Now go win the world cup.
কেন হয় কে জানে ! উরাধুরা খেয়া দেখায় ঠিক যখন বিশ্বকাপের জরুরী ম্যাচ এসে পরে তখনই লেজে-গোবরে অবস্থা ঘটে। এই ব্যাপারটার চিকিৎসা দরকার।
Old May 11, 2009, 04:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzu1
yep a very good performance.....hope sl team learns alot from BD u19 and improves..
Dearest alzu1 bro,
Thank you for your supportive kind comments and good wish for BD cricket. Everything you said even in the earlier posts are absolutely true!

I also want to say that BD cricket has a lot to learn from Srilanka's great cricketers, her wonderful passionate cricket culture and constructive nurturing mentality toward cricketers and the game itself across the subcontinent and the globe! We need your support and encouragement and we highly appreciate it.

Please visit us here at Banglacricket more often and post and give us your inputs and share your thoughts about the development of BD cricket. It is so good to have you here among us. Love and peace!
Old May 11, 2009, 04:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
because in u19 cricket talent goes a lot further than in the open national team. in open international cricket everyone is talented, it's more about who works the hardest and who learns from their mistakes the best, and who improves, it's about attitude, desire, determination, INTERNAL motivation (not external which on this forum people always say it's the coaches job to motivate, wrong, the player has to have their own motivation to succeed at the highest level). also i think once players get past the u19s they tend to take their cricket more seriously and that brings all the things i said above and more, but in BD i'm not sure it happens, at least not to the degree that it does in other places of the world.
pretty much spot on, gowza bhai.

well u-19 is about talent, and BD has plenty of that (at least they can find 11 guys just as talented as most other top cricket nations barring probably india).

international cricket is about refining that talent and perfecting. its about honing in your skills. our U-19 structure is also more or less on par with any of the "developed" cricket nations like india or australia. our u-19s are on a much more even keel.

however internationally our players struggle because the jump is bigger for them than it is for most other nations. our developmental infrastructure is far poorer for senior level cricket. at this stage, talent alone doesn't cut it, because as gowza said, everyone is ultra talented. determination will achieve some things (e.g sakib) but to truly be a world beater we need parity in all our cricketing parameters.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 12, 2009, 05:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...14/214917.html

http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/ind...&editionID=678

Hurray! we have won the ODI series by 4-1!
SL 227 (49.2) MDKJ Perrera 52, Rajapaksha 36, PC De Silva 34, Mahmudul 3/32, Abul Hasan 2/27

BAN 228/7 (47.5) Amit 102, Anamul 38, Sabbir 37

Ban won by 3 wickets
Pretty much one man show, by Amit in this match.
4-1 is a Good win indeed, I hope SL sent their genuine U19. They must have.
Old May 19, 2009, 07:25 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Dearest alzu1 bro,
Thank you for your supportive kind comments and good wish for BD cricket. Everything you said even in the earlier posts are absolutely true!

I also want to say that BD cricket has a lot to learn from Srilanka's great cricketers, her wonderful passionate cricket culture and constructive nurturing mentality toward cricketers and the game itself across the subcontinent and the globe! We need your support and encouragement and we highly appreciate it.

Please visit us here at Banglacricket more often and post and give us your inputs and share your thoughts about the development of BD cricket. It is so good to have you here among us. Love and peace!
thanks alot bro......il try to come here whenever im free.....sorry for the late post..actually im a bit worried abt sl cricket cuz the last 2 years haven been gr8...and specially lukin at the way BD have been playin,i hope we take the BD practice game ahead of the t20 wc very seriously and not jus as a ordinary game.....it could hurt us very badly if we lose our practice games....and i hope Bangla guys play well against india....hope they bat first and put on a good total and the spinners can do the rest....in t20 everything is possible and ther is enuff time for any opposition to get back to winning position from a losing one....hope these u19 tours and ties between sl and BD extend and continue...u19 sl team have to learn to play on foreign pitches and learn from BD u19 as i said they r very talented and itz important for BD u19s to make more tourz to other countries and bring in good coaches ...itz practice that makes u perfect,sanga wasnt the best as he started his career but suddenly he improved alot and was selected from the A team.....personally itz lack of cricket that hurts BD......the more u play the better u get.........and for SL i dont see them having any chance in this wc t20...they face a very tough opposition aus....