facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2009, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashyboy
Nothing wrong in supporting a team. But lower your expectations. Some of you guys are expecting more than say a South African fan expects from his team. If you have unrealistic expectations you will get horrible disappointments.
Expecting a win against Ireland is too much?????????????????
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]

Old June 9, 2009, 04:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
I am speechless.
Me too day after day match, simple things they dont do right and give us cry when we have nothing special to cheer about
Old June 9, 2009, 04:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak
we really don't have much of a choice.... at the end of the day... we all know that whatever these guys do... we will never stop supporting them.... the love of the game+patriotism= some sort of an unbreakable bond........

and seeing as we don't have a choice but to support BD, we shud probably lower our expectations a bit and live with it....

but the fact remains tht u can lower ur expectations only so much... because expecting to defeat ireland at this stage is really not too much...
and at the end of the day... u have to raise the bar of expectation and ur level in performance bit by bit...
it seems to me like we raise our bar in a rate which is understandable... its just these players who dont seem to be reaising their bar the way they whould....
we fans end up sacrificing so much for these guys.. and yet they dont seem to realise... like i said earlier... if not for themselves... they should do it for the millions of fans.... who have wasted night after night without sleep watchin these pathetic idiots playing.... given them more importance than out own studies.... wasted god knows how many hours here in bc trying to find out the root cause of all this and finding a solution for it when deep down we all know tht it'll be of no use... yet we continue to do so, day after day, month after month... year after year.... and we all know we'll continue to do so... bcoz we, like our players.. are also mindless idiots...

frankly speakin... i blame part of their failure on us... if we weren't so supportive.. givin up sleep, studies and precious time for them, they might've played better.... but they know as well as we do... that at the ned of the day, we'll never stop following them..... no matter what sort of mindless bulsh*t they do.......
It is really true and that is the sad part but when it will be the end as
we bd fans actually dont have many other things to cheer about
Old June 9, 2009, 04:32 AM

"Who asked you to do so?!" ... there might be some idiots in the team, thinking for instant, those idiots are that level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak
... we fans end up sacrificing so much for these guys.. and yet they dont seem to realise... like i said earlier... if not for themselves... they should do it for the millions of fans.... who have wasted night after night without sleep watchin these pathetic idiots playing.... given them more importance than out own studies.... wasted god knows how many hours here in bc trying to find out the root cause of all this and finding a solution for it when deep down we all know tht it'll be of no use... yet we continue to do so, day after day, month after month... year after year.... and we all know we'll continue to do so... bcoz we, like our players.. are also mindless idiots...
Old June 9, 2009, 04:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I wonder how many of us could have gotten better marks/grades by not following any of BD's matches...
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old June 9, 2009, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

The 6th of June was the most upsetting day for me as we were at the game and being ambushed by Indian fans and fell into a deep minority and to lose with such high expectations and see Ash cry was really disheartening and then to make the 150 mile drive back down with saddened spirits to then crash my car put the cherry on the cake that day..

The 8th June game filled me with ever growing anger from ball 1 leaving me in stunned silence all day isolating myself from all forms of communication for most of the day..
Old June 9, 2009, 06:01 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: All Pakistani players...

Yeah, but again, we can't live without supporting them...
Old June 9, 2009, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Lower expectations of the team and if they win, it is a plus and something to celebrate. Do not put unecessary pressure on yourself by getting hyped up about the team, e.g. they are not a dependable lot and cave in to pressure very easily. Mentally, they are not strong and the whole cricketing world knows this, they are not good finishers of a match.
Anyhow, comments about them within the last 6 months have been quite good, so dont write them off.
Old June 9, 2009, 07:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

This is my third thread today, almost 36 hours later. I couldn't watch or think of cricket nor could I read any of the cricketing articles. I was physically present yesterday at the ground, like many of you. Wake up at 7 after having 3 hours of sleep, drove 160 miles to watch my team gets slaughtered by some minnows. Not a great feeling at all.
Old June 9, 2009, 08:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
We (BD fans) have put our hopes on something that doesn't stay. So when the hopes are not fulfilled we get depressed (and make Pharmaceutical companies rich). We need to try to find what will stay with us forever (I have the answer, if someone needs to know PM me).
check your PM
Old June 9, 2009, 09:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

The worst part of it is that even war torn Afghanistan can beat this Irish team. Seriously, what on earth were these fools thinking. I mean they simply got destroyed by Ireland. There is simply no excuse. They need a clinical perf against the WI.
Old June 9, 2009, 09:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

We have been punk'd and pimp'd...totally!!! We have been shown the High-court!
Old June 9, 2009, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

We should wait. We passed only 9 years of Test Status. We need to wait to see consistant performance from our cricket team.
Old June 9, 2009, 09:54 PM
Test Cricketer

only 9 years of test status. lol! don't tell this to anyone
Old June 9, 2009, 09:56 PM
Test Cricketer

i'd great hope that BD will beat the crap out of IRL since they lost to IND.. what a shame!! kothao mukh dekhanor jayga nai..
Old June 9, 2009, 09:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze
We should wait. We passed only 9 years of Test Status. We need to wait to see consistant performance from our cricket team.
They were saying the same thing five years ago.
Old June 9, 2009, 10:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanglaCool
They were saying the same thing five years ago.
What we Achieve from last 9 years

1. 2nd round of ODI WC 2007.
2. Some players who are known in World Cricket (Ashraful, Mashrafee, Shakib)
3. Without England all Test teams has been beaten at least once.

There are some other achievements but not so important

1. Winning a test and Test series against Zimbabwe.
2. Zimbabwe, Scotland, Kenya & Ireland were beaten by us in full 3-5 match series.

I can't say Pakistan tour of 2003 was an achievement because we lost. In International level cricket winning is the last thing. If you loose nothing is achieved. Sometimes Bangladesh played well against test teams.

The main problem is we dont have a selector who played more than 50 or 100 tests. We will be in a position of India/Pakistan or Srilanka when these Ashraful/Masrafee & Shakib will be our selectors. We have to wait till than.

Good Luck.