facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2009, 07:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Compare last ten matches between them and then speak.
Two problems with your suggestion.
1) You cannot compare someone's performance unless he plays (NI in this case)
2) And I said I would bet on next 10 matches. And one game is past after that. And Ash's average is now 5.0 based on what I was willing to bet i.e. next 10 ODI.

Well Ash can prove me wrong by scoring some good runs against toaday's game as well as against PAK.

Quote:
Last 10 innings in ODI, Ash is the second highest scorer of the team and last one year (12Months) he is in number 3 in the team. Please check the stats.
Yes I checked the stat. Its meaning-less to me to compare players by "Total run scored" where one plays 31 matches in one year other plays 10-15 games in one year.

Its more important to me what is their average.

From 2008 He played 31 Games and his average is 26.5 to be exact.
Last 10 ODI his average is 28 (Thanks to one 60 N.O.)
And Last 5 ODI his average is 13.2

So I don't know, what is there to brag about Ash's performance now a days. So far he is getting two eids a year that is keeping his average 20+. Its a matter of time when he will start missing his Eid days ( as opponent are more and more exploiting his weakness) and yearly average will be flurting with single digit. And that's what I am willing to bet on, beacuse I don't see him rectify his weakness in near future.

Quote:
Allah knows what will happen in next ten matches, but if you consider the last ten, you might like to withdraw your bet. Calling your furure predictictions a reality, is really a joke my friend. Please look at the stats of last ten, that will bring you close to reality,
I think you are confused with the term 'bet'. People doesn't bet on PAST, they bet on FUTURE. And after I mentioned about my willingness to bet for nesxt 10 ODI, one games is past and 9 more left.

And nobody is saying furure predictictions is a reality. Its your misunderstanding what I said. A bet is a prediction. Sometimes you win and sometimes you loose.

Quote:
Relax, I know we all expect more from Ash, but we must also be realistic before degrading or asking for someone's head.
There are lots of young players who are failing also and I am not asking their head. But 12 years is too long for me to wait patiently. This is time you have to ask, should we still invest to a player with no ceiling and no ability to learn at all or should we invest in a young player with higher ceiling an df more ability to learn?

Its not Ash's individual perfoirmace I am worried about, its the risk of spoinling the young kids and poluting them with bad triats is my concern. The sooner he leaves, the better for the young kids in the team.

Last edited by Fazal; January 22, 2009 at 07:37 PM..

Old January 22, 2009, 07:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

Statistics goes out the window the minute the players step on the field.

If we all went by statistics, bangladesh would not win a game every 126 games or so.

Leave the number crunching to the accountants, we are cricket fans.
Old January 22, 2009, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Make me captain.I am skilled with the ball and good at doing in-swingers and fast balls.
Old January 22, 2009, 08:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Who?

It's like saying make Todd Akin the president.
Old January 23, 2009, 08:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

I said I am willing to bet for next 10 innings. Unfortunately NI is not there to compare with ASH.

However One is gone. And ASh scored a 5 where as so called sh*t players (in your term) scored the following:

Tamim 21
Mehrab 43
Rakibul 53*

Ash 5

Two game gone and 8 more left.

Rakibuk = 53* + 14 = 67 Runs. Average 67
Sakib = 33* + 22 = 55 Runs. Average 55
Rahim = 20* + 13* = 33 Runs. Average 33
Tamim = 21+ 34 = 55 Runs. Average 27.5
Mehrab = 43 + 2 = 45 Runs. Average 22.5
Ashraful = 5 + 3 = 8 Runs . Average 4.0
Mahmudullah = N/A
Naem = N/A

Note: I was predicting/betting after the the 1st ODI against ZIM about Ash's peformance for next 10 ODI,
Old January 23, 2009, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

If we can carry a non-performing captain then what's wrong with me?

I want myself to be the captain. I can assure you guys that I won't do worse than Ash inshallah.
Old June 8, 2009, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

We are searching for a captain again.
I suggested this option at the beginning of this year, still this is my suggestion as Captain.

Make Nafis Iqbal the captain.

Graeme Smith of SA, Lee Germon of NZ- all were brought back to the team as a captain. So, it's not that BD gonna make it first time to bring a player in the team as a captain.
Old June 9, 2009, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

let him come in the side then we will talk after a year or so ... 0_- i hope you were not serius about this when you opened this thread ...
Old June 9, 2009, 02:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

May be, but at first let him come to the side, perform and prove himself dependable. Than he can be a choice for us.
Old June 9, 2009, 03:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Timely bump ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 9, 2009, 03:34 AM
Banned

both iqbals are $hit head, they daydream frolicking Bollywod women when under pressure....sry will be same old story
Old June 9, 2009, 04:20 AM
Banned

We just lost to the Irish. Let's pick traitor/conspirator-in-chief as our captain. Good.
Old June 9, 2009, 04:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
We just lost to the Irish. Let's pick traitor/conspirator-in-chief as our captain. Good.
Umm ... wrong Nafis??? ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 9, 2009, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Let me slide away from the topic here for a bit. I don't disagree with a lot of the things that people have said here over the last couple of days. Ashraful probably does need to be replaced - even if not now, definitely in another year or two when we've found a good replacement. He probably also needs to be dropped as a batsman - the way he edged to the slip and then again in the space of a couple of overs warrants a major pay cut. We probably also need some of the ICL-ers back in the team and the board has to take a good hard look at the way things are run by the team management.

BUT...the fact is, it doesn't matter who we bring in or what changes we make - we simply don't have anyone more capable of doing the job than the 15 that we selected for England '09. Had we done this in one or two matches, one would have thought we were going through a bad patch and that multiple changes would do the team a whole lot of good (like it did to India after South Africa '07). However, given that we've improved only by so much - and I'm tempted to believe that the law of averages comes into play merely due to the sheer volume of games that we've played over the last ten years compared to before that - it is pretty obvious that this is all we got. We simply aren't good enough. We lose to Ireland not because we have become any worse, but rather because Ireland have improved over the years and we haven't.

So as far as ability is concerned, I think this is all we can do. We'll win against the associates 7 times out of 10 and against Zimbabwe, 5 times out of 10. We will get heavily beaten by sides ranked higher than us and may pull off a win once in a while. This has been happening for a long time now and I'm inclined to believe that it has nothing to do with anything other than ability - we are not capable of pacing an inning or picking the right shots to play at the right times or pegging the opposition down with our bowling under tight situations. We know only one way of playing and when we don't get a good start, there's no coming back because we aren't capable of adjusting our game to real match situations.

One might argue that better planning and the application of common sense might solve most of our cricketing woes, but I think thaty's just wishful thinking because we just aren't capable of that. Otherwise we wouldn't be making the same mistakes for 20 years.

Having said that, I think it's pretty obvious how pathetic it is supporting a bunch of losers who you know will only do so much on the cricket field over a given span of time.
Old June 9, 2009, 11:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Right on Asif. Either we are million miles an hour, or moving at ant's speed. No middle ground whatsoever. I don't think we understand the game. Middle ground has to be created by the batsmen.
Old June 9, 2009, 11:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Asif Nailed it. Our mentality of how we approach the game needs to change completely. We dont have the ability and dynamism (from the players attitude) to change. We keep making the same mistakes again and again. Its right down to the roots. As soon as we think its a player and we change them, the new one comes and plays the same.
Old June 9, 2009, 01:38 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Shahreer Nafees

may be bring bashar back just for the sake of captaincy!
Old June 9, 2009, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

in all the games rahim is more influential than ashraful. ashraful is a terrible captain but dont make nafees iqbal captain- bad choice
Old June 9, 2009, 01:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

NI jokhon JO er moto ODI te slow Test khela suru korbe tokhon abar shobai chillla chilli korbe..keno ere captain banaise.. drop him drop him..sack him sack him...

He is an okay batsman in Test. I don't think he will get a chance in ODIs. He is too slow now even in Domestic leagues.
Old June 9, 2009, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

captain howar uchit mohammed rofiquer.........tare back koira ana mone hoy hatea gold pawa.......he's still the best match winner player of bangladesh........kolkatar public gangulire feranor jonno andolon porjonto kore, kintu bd te sheta hoy na, boro afsos.............

match winnerder captain howa uchit......and i think rofique still can give service to the bangladesh cricket team
Old June 9, 2009, 04:18 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Sachin

As a product of the culture of instant gratification, it will be instantly gratifying to see Ashfool out of the captaincy. Even if there are no suitable substitutes, and N. Iqbal isn't even a substitute for a substitute.
Old June 9, 2009, 04:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
As a product of the culture of instant gratification, it will be instantly gratifying to see Ashfool out of the captaincy. Even if there are no suitable substitutes, and N. Iqbal isn't even a substitute for a substitute.
Lol. Hail Caesar!
Old June 9, 2009, 06:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful Tamim,SharWardI

We got those ICL players back and it is possible to give Shahriar nafeez a chance for captaincy roll, or may be Alok kapoli. What you think?
Old June 9, 2009, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawsar
We got those ICL players back and it is possible to give Shahriar nafeez a chance for captaincy roll, or may be Alok kapoli. What you think?
SN ke captain kora thik hobe na. Unar demag ektu besi. uni captain hole bolben coach eta tik hoy nai, nirbachoker ota tik hoy nai....Shudu jamelah badaben
Old June 9, 2009, 11:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I feel that before the end of the year, Sakib will be the captain with Mushy being Vice Captain.
Mushy can cheer for the team on the sideline with his pompoms. I wanna see how Mithun Ali plays.