facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 10, 2009, 09:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi_In
see it has to be mutual... if one of your player plays well... it will automatically draw attention.. then again it is the problem of chicken and egg.. nevertheless letting play bilateral series has more to do with commercial interest than anything else.. if BCCI does not get proper sponsor .. it is tough to organize a series... don't tell me BD players do not get chance.. Mush got couple of matches for KKR in IPL where he failed miserably .. if he had done a little good ..collectively it would have drawn attention to rest of the BD talents... somewhere somehow u need to grab the opportunities that you get... ..

tali to ek hate bajbe na....
i'm not saying its an anti-BD ploy, or that an aussie player wouldn't get same treatment (mcgrath didn't play a single match for example), but its not fair to say mash got a real chance cuz he bowled 4 overs in a single match. anyone can have 4 bad overs in a t20 match. i'm not saying mash deserved to play every match, but clearly he's better than 4 overs for 60 runs.

ashraful is a different case, and even he should have gotten one more innings than he did, although mumbai management is justified in leaving him out given the names ahead of him in the batting depth chart.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old June 10, 2009, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

AF already said it. Mash got one game only and after seating down for so long that was the start of drowning... I have said this even before IPL matches that this will happen and these players will lose all focus... and that what just happen. that doesn't mean its the only reason for us to lose the match but one of the main reason...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 10, 2009, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

[quote=Prithvi_In;882237]see it has to be mutual... if one of your player plays well... it will automatically draw attention.. then again it is the problem of chicken and egg.. nevertheless letting play bilateral series has more to do with commercial interest than anything else.. if BCCI does not get proper sponsor .. it is tough to organize a series... don't tell me BD players do not get chance.. Mush got couple of matches for KKR in IPL where he failed miserably .. if he had done a little good ..collectively it would have drawn attention to rest of the BD talents... somewhere somehow u need to grab the opportunities that you get... ..
------------------

Please get your fact straight. who is Mush? I guess you are talking about Mash. How many games did he play? you said - couple, actually he was given chance at the last moment against who ? decan chargers - Gilcrist sent every bowlers to the cleaners. KKR benched him for the tournament and all on a sudden gave him a chance to play against the top team. I have never seen Mash nervous like that in the field. and, when mash played for KKR, that team won only one game (out of 12 games I think). i dont know why i am explaining this to you.

we have nothing against indian ppl here. we have so many well-wisher indians fan here. You mighht be a well-wisher as well, but please dont bad mouth about one of our best player
Old June 10, 2009, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Thanks for the Suggetion. It will help our cricketers to improve. But we don't want players like some Indians, who cannot perform outside subcontinent.

Anyway, Thanks again. I think BCB should try to do according to suggetion.
Old June 10, 2009, 11:20 PM
Street Cricketer

[QUOTE=BagherBacha;882243]
Quote:
see it has to be mutual... if one of your player plays well... it will automatically draw attention.. then again it is the problem of chicken and egg.. nevertheless letting play bilateral series has more to do with commercial interest than anything else.. if BCCI does not get proper sponsor .. it is tough to organize a series... don't tell me BD players do not get chance.. Mush got couple of matches for KKR in IPL where he failed miserably .. if he had done a little good ..collectively it would have drawn attention to rest of the BD talents... somewhere somehow u need to grab the opportunities that you get... ..
------------------

Please get your fact straight. who is Mush? I guess you are talking about Mash. How many games did he play? you said - couple, actually he was given chance at the last moment against who ? decan chargers - Gilcrist sent every bowlers to the cleaners. KKR benched him for the tournament and all on a sudden gave him a chance to play against the top team. I have never seen Mash nervous like that in the field. and, when mash played for KKR, that team won only one game (out of 12 games I think). i dont know why i am explaining this to you.

we have nothing against indian ppl here. we have so many well-wisher indians fan here. You mighht be a well-wisher as well, but please dont bad mouth about one of our best player
thats again is the core of ur problem.. u want to baby walk one of ur most exp bowler..!!?so what if he had been on bench for the entire tournament... if ur talented u shd grab whatever opportunity comes ur way.. thats how it happens in all sports.. no one is a born superstar... even might tendulkar or gilchrist had embraced the opportunity that came their way... so mash was nervous facing gilchrist after playing int. cricket for such a long time..!! then i guess we shd not keep much hope on him then..!! I sincerely want BD to excel... but i just don't understand this super sensitivity to remotest reference to the weakness of a BD player...
bottom line is if he is one of ur best player... then he shd not have been nervous against Gilchrist...
Old June 10, 2009, 11:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze
Thanks for the Suggetion. It will help our cricketers to improve. But we don't want players like some Indians, who cannot perform outside subcontinent.

Anyway, Thanks again. I think BCB should try to do according to suggetion.
you have to say something against Indians ..don't u.. .. makes u happy .. shd then make me happy...
Old June 10, 2009, 11:31 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

The idea has been floating for almost 20-odd years. It's a commoon sense idea and I've personally talked about it for ages and we've had write ups in the dailies back home. Unfortunately, being a BCB board member is about having a position of power and the privilige of attending cricket events (or at least go on a shopping tour wife the wife and kids). Asking them to do work is pointless as these are bunch of useless bureaucrats with little or no idea about how to run our cricket.

IF our national team showed some sign of progress, I'm sure we'd get all sorts of invites. We are pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Old June 11, 2009, 02:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
you have to say something against Indians ..don't u.. .. makes u happy .. shd then make me happy...
OK, Thanks for the Suggetion. Our board should think about it. Is it OK now?
Old June 11, 2009, 04:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Won't make much difference for the national team. Our problem isn't lack of cricket. I also have doubt about the standard of cricket in indian domestic leagues without their national team players.

Some age group or A teams could participate off course.
Old June 11, 2009, 05:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

with all due respect to our Indian brother who suggested this, I don't think the Indian domestic league really offers very much (its prob better than BD domestic system but by no means is it anything great); if we could send players to some of the AUssie or English counties then thats a diff. matter.

HOWEVER, as Siddons said our problem isnt our lack of skill but rather our mentality...that needs fixing with some innovative approaches - no matter how much county or otherwise cricket practice we get won't make the slightest difference.
Old June 11, 2009, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Rubbish idea.
Indian and Bangladesh season starts in similar time. So, players will go to play Indian domestic other than participating ours? What about the payment of players then? Who will pay? Indian board as they pay to Indian cricketers? Many other factors are there, which will just create confusion on selecting players for national team.

The last thing BCCI will do is to help Bangladesh to improve their cricket. India never supported any of their neighbors and never will. Look what England is doing for the development of Ireland, Netherlands and Scottland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I mean how much was India's contribution in raising Srilanka's cricket.
One World says it all here. If Srilanka can be equal (if not better) to India in Cricket, why not us? The last thing we need is to take help from BCCI and ruin our future. Yes, many things are not going right, but we oursleve has to find the problem and go forward.

What can be done is regular "A" team, academy n U-19 team tours between these two countries which will help both. Have we seen enough of this? When was the last time any Indian "A" or age group team visited Bangladesh?
Old June 11, 2009, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

I dont mind playing in the domestic circuit of india,england,australia.
Old June 11, 2009, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Good idea in paper, but why would a Ranji team accept a BD player, when it means that a potential future India player has to sit out? Politically it makes zero sense. And, even if a foreign player or two are allowed in every Ranji team, why would that team go for a BD player? Don't get me wrong. I applaud your idea, but in reality it is not a feasable one. I would rather have a team from BD ( A or Academy ) to participate in Ranji every year as a separate team. Now, that will be a great deal.

Agree with your commerical threat of sponsors. But, the sponsorship money is minium comapred to other major intl taems. If one pulls out, a second one will jump in for that price.

Supporters can say or do whatever they want. Its their right. But, a player must be professional enough to realize what fans say about him, whether its negative or positive, is just fanspeak. If an individual thinks that he is the BD version Tendulakar, then we are in trouble, and something tells me that some of our players actually think of themsleves like that. Sad.

Objectivity without emotions in a Bangali? bhalo bolechen. Wake me up bro..
Old June 11, 2009, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

i thnk participatng in s. afrcas domestic wl better. they r really helpfull nd they wl; allow us to play. add to this there are lots of innovative nd very helpfull cricket coaches nd ex players are in s. afrca
Old June 12, 2009, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:

Bongs are emotional I know that because I am a bengali too.. we need to reign our emotions a bit..... and start thinking objectively....
May be its for Indians, not for us. I don't find much similarity between emotions of Bangladeshis and Indians.
Old June 12, 2009, 09:23 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
May be its for Indians, not for us. I don't find much similarity between emotions of Bangladeshis and Indians.
thats simply not true.. we have the common roots..common literature and common .. value system.. .no matter how much you want to prove against .. both side of bengals are equally emotional... and dreamy ...that why we excel so much in literature and music... the so called finer sides of life.. the true chutzpah in bengali died with the freedom movement of India and shanti bahini of 1971.. it has nothing to do with be Indian... or Bangladeshi ..
Old June 12, 2009, 10:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I would rather have a team from BD ( A or Academy ) to participate in Ranji every year as a separate team. Now, that will be a great deal.
Bingo. What if Bangladesh A are allowed to participate in the Ranji, rather than individual Bangladeshi players playing for various Indian state teams? Would the BCCI need to change too many laws to make that happen?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM..
Old June 14, 2009, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh should start playing in Nepal and Afghanistan domestic leagues... very soon those countries will also start beating us a regular basis. But since we have 150 million people, there won't be any shortage of fans who will be cheering for the awesome and great victories against Bhutan and Maldives..
Old June 14, 2009, 04:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Bangladesh should start playing in Nepal and Afghanistan domestic leagues... very soon those countries will also start beating us a regular basis. But since we have 150 million people, there won't be any shortage of fans who will be cheering for the awesome and great victories against Bhutan and Maldives..
Lawl.
Old June 16, 2009, 04:20 PM
Street Cricketer

I would like to see a bd team mix of A and Academy team playing in Ranji trophy.