facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 14, 2009, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
It does fluctuate at times but i think its more to do with sick and tired of it.
The senior members have seen this one too many times and sometimes it just gets too much.
Its one thing following Bangladesh cricket and cricket in general and there is our way of following it.
We live, eat, breath,sleep it. It is such a big part of our life that sometimes it hurts too much.

For those of us who'se been leading this second life for a while now, it does get to a point when you get really upset and feel like had enough.

There are too many instances to mention. 2003 world cup, the lucklustre 5 winless years, 2006 zimbabwe tour, icl debacle are just to mention a few. But then again, there were that win against zimbabwe in 2004, Cardiff in 2005, Great odi win streak in 2006 despite lack of test cricket, the win against india in 2007, win against West Indies in first edition of T20.

What is most upsetting is this volatile nature of the team. Just when you think its about to cross that threshold, we fall so hard that it really hurts. Just when we dare to dream, it turns to a nightmare and haunts us to sleepless oblivion.

Amader moto naira bel talae bar bar jae thiki, but everything has a limit.

We get hurt the most cuz our passion is unbound. Sometimes that too much to live with.
I know for myself, everytime we lose badly, i stop visitng cricinfo, refrain myself from posting regularly in BC or even dont read those articles that slams us.

Sometimes the best way to deal with it is to not deal with it at all. Turning a blind eye, cuz we know the logics dont apply to us. We know we'd come back to support our country and team like that naira who goes to the same bel tala everytime to get mucus on his head, we need this blind eye to support our team blindly.

....i have no idea what im writing, so i'll stop here.....

Fantastically summed up man. Our passion is way too strong,thats why after every loss, i promise to myself. That is it, no more Cricket.But when the next game is on, im in front of the TV 30 min prior to the start, reading articles on CI/PA/DS wateva. I love BD cricket, string of losses will take me away from cricket, but the maximum length possible for the separation is around 30 min.

Old June 14, 2009, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
You agreed to follow the rules while signing up. BC doesn't do anything illogical to the fans. The rules and regulations are important to maintain a healthy forum.
crud man ! ho ho driven condescending remarks. Now go and collect your 1 c for doing there bidding [edit - you know why]

rules were written way after i signed up.

astala....lost cause, lousy forum, self loving demi gods.

Mod: This may be irrelevant as you seem to imply you weary of this forum. Anyway, there's no grandfather clause and so no matter when the rules were written, they apply to all. Happy surfing where ever your browser takes you.

Last edited by RazabQ; June 15, 2009 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: mod.action
Old June 14, 2009, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Whether Bangladesh Win or Loose, I like to chat about cricket. Because...............Please see my "Signature".
Old June 14, 2009, 11:55 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Just going through a lull. I hardly consider our one off wins as a sign that says - We've arrived, because we haven't. We are barely one step above the Associates and we are lacking the FIGHT that they have. I get surprised when I see a few people expecting a series win against the big boys or winning the world cups and such. You have got to know your strengths and challenges. We are challenged to put on a consistent performance, I don't expect these guys to win any more then 1 games per series. Having said that, I don't expect (I fear it) these guys to lose to teams like Ireland either, no matter what format they are playing.

Not to worry, folks will be back. Most of us are here for Bangladesh cricket, no matter who is representing or "leading" the team. IF BD cricket maintained the kind of quality BC tries to maintain, we would have been hoping to see Bangladesh fight to move to the semis instead of sitting on their posterior and cowering from the fans and media.
Old June 15, 2009, 03:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Seeing Bangladesh in this T20 WC was a different experience for me. I have been following tigers for so many years that i forget for how many years. But for the first time I am following them from abroad. For the first time i saw my team playing over the internet and thnx to the links i got from BC. So, in a way its a new beginning for me as a fan which helps to keep frustration away and generate more interest. But not sure for how long the frustration can be under controlled!!
Old June 15, 2009, 03:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

disappointed at times but definitely not losing interest. BD shouldn't be losing to associates but at the same time they're still not up to the standard of the top 8 teams, some good performances recently in ODIs and even tests so hopefully that can continue. the ireland loss was just one loss, a bad one no doubt but the team did play pretty well other than that one match.
Old June 15, 2009, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
the only members who lose interest are the ones that have unreasonable expectations.

BD is not going to win a world cup, or rise to #5 in the Test rankings anytime soon. these dreams will take a generation to achieve, at least 30 years or more.
Expecting them to win against an associate country in a do or die match , is it unreasonable expectation?
Old June 15, 2009, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Few associates have grown tremendously comparing to us in few years. If our cricketers, selectors, cricket organizers do not put more effort, nobody will be happy. The cricket brought great amount of joy from 90s but fans are getting reality check that we are not good at it and should lower the expectations. Once we thought we could become like lanka, but now we doubt we can be like deplted Zimb or even Ireland.
Old June 15, 2009, 12:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Very good point made by SS.
Old June 16, 2009, 10:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

No. Haven't lost any interest though as someone pointed out, it fluctuates from time to time, due to factors in life that needs more attention. I have been here since 2003! Before the advent of BC, and that of test status, a lot us saw those days of Zimbabwe throwing roadblocks to our march to many world cups during early and mid nineties. Sure, back then there were no BC and it would have been much easier to forget, but still many stuck it out, and now that BC is here, it is kind of hard to ignore BD cricket even if you wanted to. Its almost like a psycho ex that you don't want to ever see again, yet something attracts you to her/him that you are willing to be a bug drawn to the lights- even in the darkest of nights!

This constant losing and aspiration to become a cricket power has one other benefit which most of us would like to avoid, but I believe, it creates a cricket generation which is educated. I am very happy to see many younger members being involved intellectually and its only possible because they are constantly at the losing end. Since we lose so much, we are also a better critique, since we spend more time dissecting what went wrong and interjecting with what should be done. That process is sometimes good to be a polished cricket fan though ad infinitum of that process can be counter productive. Hate to use that sentence since its such a cliche', but, "failure is a pillar of success". However, even though the learning curve of our fans are on an upward trajectory, the players crucially are not following the trend! That is an omnious sign, but there is hope that the new generation is better equipped to learn from their mistakes.

Stay with it guys..
Old June 17, 2009, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

BC has been suffering from the deficiency of quality articles. In the year 2009, only 9 articles has been published in the front page while in the current 2009, we have seen only 4 front page articles to get published.
Old June 17, 2009, 04:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warwolf
bc has been suffering from the deficiency of quality articles. In the year 2009, only 9 articles has been published in the front page while in the current 2009, we have seen only 4 front page articles to get published.
মিরাজ ভাই টায়ারড হয়ে গেছেন, হারু মারকা আরটিকল লেখতে লেখতে...
Old June 17, 2009, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
BC has been suffering from the deficiency of quality articles. In the year 2009, only 9 articles has been published in the front page while in the current 2009, we have seen only 4 front page articles to get published.
Bingo...Very important point...
Old June 17, 2009, 06:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
I don't care who support BD or not...I will be there always...Untill I die

Go Bangladesh Go
wow i respect you for the..
Old June 17, 2009, 09:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

My personal theory behind the lack of involvement is the unorganized structure of this forum. There are thousands of threads; every topic has 4/5 different thread, most dont even go past one or two pages. so the discussion is not lively or continued. I suggested a while back to restrict thread opening rights to MODs only and members like myself can sent their suggestions to them. at no point there should be more than 20/25 active threads.

each player can have their own thread, so All 'Ashraful is a bolod" posts go to his thread, rather than opening a new one everytime he fails. Other major topics can include threads for coaching, batting, fielding etc. there should also be a subgroup of "Recent events" threads that can have game day threads as well as other hot topics. This way, there will be more posts in a thread, more topcs of discussion and overall more effective communication.

I don't think the reorganization should be that much of a hassle...it would be easier for MODs to do it once and get it over with than having to delete/merge/move 100 threads everytime somethig major happens.
Old June 17, 2009, 09:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Good to see you back, Habfreak. I was this close to post your nick in MYM thread in FC.
Old June 18, 2009, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfreak
My personal theory behind the lack of involvement is the unorganized structure of this forum. There are thousands of threads; every topic has 4/5 different thread, most dont even go past one or two pages. so the discussion is not lively or continued. I suggested a while back to restrict thread opening rights to MODs only and members like myself can sent their suggestions to them. at no point there should be more than 20/25 active threads.

each player can have their own thread, so All 'Ashraful is a bolod" posts go to his thread, rather than opening a new one everytime he fails. Other major topics can include threads for coaching, batting, fielding etc. there should also be a subgroup of "Recent events" threads that can have game day threads as well as other hot topics. This way, there will be more posts in a thread, more topcs of discussion and overall more effective communication.

I don't think the reorganization should be that much of a hassle...it would be easier for MODs to do it once and get it over with than having to delete/merge/move 100 threads everytime somethig major happens.
Normally I used to read through all the threads before, but that's just cause in every visit in 24-hours, at most 7-8 threads used to have new posts. But after that Ireland match, loool; I didn't come to BC for 2-3 days I guess, just wanted things to cool down.
Old June 18, 2009, 10:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I believe, it creates a cricket generation which is educated. I am very happy to see many younger members being involved intellectually and its only possible because they are constantly at the losing end. Since we lose so much, we are also a better critique, since we spend more time dissecting what went wrong and interjecting with what should be done. That process is sometimes good to be a polished cricket fan though ad infinitum of that process can be counter productive. Hate to use that sentence since its such a cliche', but, "failure is a pillar of success". However, even though the learning curve of our fans are on an upward trajectory, the players crucially are not following the trend! That is an omnious sign, but there is hope that the new generation is better equipped to learn from their mistakes
The equation is simple actually Beamer bhai. The 'polished cricket fans' that you're talking about here..are mostly the huge number of BC members/followers. A simple tracking will show that among such a large number of members...only about 15% are actually from bangladesh. And..even as fans/posters, they are not very much active. So the whole upgrading of cricket knowledge among the fans is mostly going on among BD cricket fans who are spreaded all over the world. I think you can already calculate the magnitude of the actual impact of that knowledge on the mass-group of fans/young cricketers in BD.

And about the teen bunch of players who are the real promising prospects of BD cricket's future?...well, I guess only about 5% of them truely get the opportunity to surf the net at will. And the probable number of current/future cricketers and fans actually visiting forums like BC on regular basis?... Just do the math..

Last edited by Ahmed_B; June 18, 2009 at 10:59 AM..
Old June 18, 2009, 11:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I understand what you are saying but, in these days of seamless ideas exchange market, geographical isolation is not as big a factor anymore. I am sure, what is written here filters out to media outlets in BD, which is then supplied to the mass. I hope that is the case. Sometimes diaspora play a critical role reshaping the mother country in different fields. Why not BC?
Old June 18, 2009, 11:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

CEO, CFO bhujhi na, unless you get me a Board of Directors membership, your positions are never permanent. So get me in first.
Old June 18, 2009, 11:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

well, it's been a while since i wrote my two liners!.. :P.. maybe, the reason I don't visit like insane fan as I used to because I am fed up and tired of seeing poor performance of our national team...
Old June 18, 2009, 10:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Good to see you back, Habfreak. I was this close to post your nick in MYM thread in FC.
thanks dude (or dudette)...I'll be on more frequently now that the NHL season is over and BD is starting to play more. it took me a while to figure out what "FC" or "MYM" meant...that's how out of touch I have been!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Normally I used to read through all the threads before, but that's just cause in every visit in 24-hours, at most 7-8 threads used to have new posts. But after that Ireland match, loool; I didn't come to BC for 2-3 days I guess, just wanted things to cool down.
lol...we (Members) are very representative of the general Bangladeshi population; we have more to say than we listen. So whenever somehting happens, or someone gets a new idea; they open a new thread rather than trying to find a existing one that might be relevant.