facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 23, 2009, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I don't think we are spineless or gutless team. We are inept, not disciplined, and probably not as talented as some people tout us as, but surely not spineless. I would actually argue that a lot of our players show too much spine, like dancing down the track in first over, or trying to hit sixes over midwkt when somebody is posted there. I guess, it all depends on your perspective, and yes we have had many spineless performances when we laid down without a fight, but the team overall is not spineless IMO.

It all stems from the reluctance to acknowledge BD as a Test country from the likes of Ian Chap. If we were an associate team, I bet we will not be a target like this. However, if Ireland was in our place, had a test status and showed simillar win/lose ratio like us, it will be interesting to see if the Ian Chaps of the world were as nasty to the Irish as they are with us. I think not.

Anyway..His brother was a coach of this spineless team, who btw, bowled underarm in a match. I am sure that was a lot of stress on his spine. I can see where he gets it from. It runs in the family.

Old June 23, 2009, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

We are spineless. Our team has no respect. It has earned none, and has lost any that was given to them).

The truth hurts.
Old June 23, 2009, 12:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

nijer teamto agei baad porsey T2O thekey tai amader barthota diye nijeder lojja dakchey.
Old June 23, 2009, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abz..+
he should

trust me chek it out
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...appell-002.jpg
Old June 23, 2009, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
We lost to a minnow just a few days earlier.

GOod comments fool you. Bad comments motivate you. I like bad comments.

মুরাদ মিয়া: আপনার হিসাব ধরলে তো সবার আগে ইংল্যান্ডরে লাথথি দিয়া ওয়ার্লড ক্রিকেট থিককা বাইর কইরা দিতে হয়, অই হালারাইতো পয়লা বাঁশ খাইছে মিনোগো হাতে। তারপর অস্ট্রেলিয়া। Besides, spine is Ian Chappel's favorite subject, having his own spine removed in the middle of a cricket match, long time ago. Once a loser, always a loser. What a pathetic a$$hole, dragging his pitiful legacy all over the carpet....
Old June 23, 2009, 04:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

unfortunately he's right...its up to our boys under mash to prove him wrong. not just for a series, but consistently.

but i'll take the windies series for right now.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 23, 2009, 10:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsharGolpo
There is an article by Rafiqul Sharif in CricketTomorrow.com criticising Ian Chappell's ridiculous comments on Bangladesh that Bangladesh is a spineless team and it doesn't matter who there captain is.

I like this one. I think we all should say something against these money fed giants who just looks for opportunities to backbite Bangladesh.

Here is the article: Mr Ian Chappell! Stop talking for money!
this should be a front page article
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 23, 2009, 10:07 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesher Shobai

Yes, we have backbone. if he said it against India, then imagine what would have happened!

Here is one response of his comments:
Mr Chappell! Stop Talking for Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Tell me what/who is our backbone??

Why would he say that about India? How many games India lost or won? How many we have won?

He wasn't talking about the 20/20 WC only.

That article is full of biased arguments.

Which part of that was biased? the stats? The fact that Bangladesh fought their best even after losing 4/5 of their core players to ICL? As I said I can accept the term "not good enough Team" because that's perfomance based. But, not a random comment like "spineless". I have played club cricket in Australia for 10 years before retiring. I know how the Aussies use their comments to demoralise other teams.

We all know what David Hookes said about Bangladesh! And they get away with that. But remember When Gavasker gave the example of Hookes being smashed for his big mouth in a nightclub, how Aussy media and Cricket Australia through Ponting jumped over him? They know how to protect their own. But we don't. We let people talk rubbish!
Old June 23, 2009, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Funny.
Old June 23, 2009, 10:10 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
মুরাদ মিয়া: আপনার হিসাব ধরলে তো সবার আগে ইংল্যান্ডরে লাথথি দিয়া ওয়ার্লড ক্রিকেট থিককা বাইর কইরা দিতে হয়, অই হালারাইতো পয়লা বাঁশ খাইছে মিনোগো হাতে। তারপর অস্ট্রেলিয়া। Besides, spine is Ian Chappel's favorite subject, having his own spine removed in the middle of a cricket match, long time ago. Once a loser, always a loser. What a pathetic a$$hole, dragging his pitiful legacy all over the carpet....
Thanks Billah!
Old June 23, 2009, 10:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Ian Chappell Dave Chappel er bhai...ekta boddho pagol oi loke!
Old June 23, 2009, 10:30 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
this should be a front page article
yes, but I don't know how to do that!
Old June 24, 2009, 01:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

If you cant show the world what you are capable of then you will hear comments like this. Play good you will shut these big mouths for ever.
Old June 24, 2009, 02:08 AM

To add to what Baundule, muradnyc and Warfaze have said,

if by "spine"/"backbone" it means the very core structure that holds you up, then yes Bangladesh Cricket is extremely spineless. We dont have an adequate first class domestic structure of any quality, we continue to churn out flashes in the pan and take them to top level cricket too early to get slaughtered, we do not develop the inconsistent cricketers devoid of temperament and on-field intelligence to become competitive, class players! Our whole cricketing structure is weak and incapable of producing a group of top quality, consistent, international cricketers right now. If they have talent, they lack temperament; if they have consistency, they lack experience, and so forth.....

You wouldnt dare compare our cricket structure with Ranji Trophied India, and SL Cricket now would you?

So where the heck is the "spine"??
Old June 24, 2009, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Here is the article: Mr Ian Chappell! Stop talking for money!
The Rafiqul guy appears to be a typical Bangladeshi. He's embarrassing us further with these comments. I was too embarrassed to read all of the article, but these two comments really don't make much of a point other than we Bangladeshis look a little too deeply into past 'flukes':

Quote:
The first Test against Sri Lanka (26-31 Dec 2008), Bangladesh was chasing 521 to win in the 4th innings and was 403/6 at one stage. In the 4th innings!!! Many teams don’t even have their highest 4th inning total like that! Is that a sign of spineless team?
The cricket world isn't going to pay attention to that anymore.

In the end, we lost yet again.

Quote:
So, Bangladesh is a Spineless team! And what about India? And how about Australia? Shouldn’t Australia be a Spineless team too since they finished 11th out of 12 teams in the tournament after Bangladesh (10th)?
This was probably the silliest comment of all. It speaks for itself - how can you compare Bangladesh to the world heavyweights India and Australia? What are these writers thinking?!
Old June 24, 2009, 04:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Emotional Fans, the Strongest barrier to the Development of our Cricket.
Old June 24, 2009, 05:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Default its true

If u look individually, Shujon, Pilot and Golla (gullu)...none had big talents, but all execelled for bangladesh. Why? Coz they had a backbone. They knew exactly what it meant to play fortheir country.Compare with the current talented bunch..Ash( my fav), Mash ( captain) and tamim...all are talented, but how often have they made it count? As a team we are spineless, coz we don't work as a team.Only random individual sparks. We prob need time as a unit..not to have new players every series till WC 2011. We need to have each playing their strengths. Then we'll see who has spine.

Btw, Aussie team or late 80's, England in late 90's, Windies 95-06, none of them had any spine. We just need to work on our cricket...instead of caring what some cash-for-comment guy from 80's said.

Chappel says tru things a lot tho..maybe we shud listen to him once in a while. Think he's quite biased tho..don't remember him saying Australia how Australia sucks in tests nearly as often as he should.