facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 4, 2009, 03:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

An interesting observation in the interview. He observed that he didn't perform well in most test matches where Bangladesh did relatively well. AS IF his performance in those matches would've made the critical difference. Now, his epic 158* against India was during a horribly losing effort. Does that mean that we have a better chance when he does NOT do well? Would it not have been infinitely simpler for him to mitigate some of the self importance and say that our batsmen need to click as unit, and subsequently give our bowlers the better chance to win the match?

i think he's talking about test cricket here...cuz in ODIs he's our single most obvious "match-winner" in all but 2 or 3 of our 7 wins against the G8 sides. only mash has been as consistent in those games, and he's largely had un-gaudy figures like 1-31 off 10 overs (which, IMO, is a bigger achievement than taking 4-65 or something). so i think its indisputbale, regardless of percentage man of match awards, that if we beat a G8 team, ash usually has a decent to epic game individually. of course, and aside to that should be that shakib proved with his 67 ball 92, that he is the only other player capable of delivering a similar performance with a W. tamim is the only other batsmn capable of such things, but he hasn't done it yet (i don't count that 51 against India, although it was a remarkable innings for a 17 year old on the biggest stage).

in test cricket, Ashraful is very much spot on. His logic is simply this, and it is almost perfectly correct. What are our crowning moments (read close calls) in Test cricket? the answeres are simple: Multan 2003, St Lucia 2004, Fatullah 2006, Mirpur 2008, and finally Chittagong 2008. These five matches, we were pretty close. Except the SA match and WI matches, another 50 runs or a catch here or there could have easily seen us having 3 Test wins, instead of 0. What were ash's averages in those matches? I'll calculate it right now...scores of 12 and 3, 81 and 1, 29 and 4, 34 and 24, 2 and 0.

Average of 10 innings = 19.00
Mean = 19.00

so even by Ashraful's 24-ish average, he's done quite a bit poorly in the Tests we've done well in, the only exception being the lone drawn match we have against G8 sides, where he boasts an average of 41 - that too highly inconsistent.

the real thing he was trying to say, and i don't read bangla so its based on what ppl above me have posted, is that had ash scored 50s in those matches, we would have won all of them except for against the WI (that was a drawn match no matter what) and possibly SA (they won by 5 wickets). But the aussies would most likely gone down, heck they prolly woulda lost if mash had taken that catch, and NZ and PAK would have lost for sure. he recognizes the fact that he's played very little roles in our near wins.

as far as his percentage of MoMs being low, thats true, others have a higher percentage, but the fact that he's been the single biggest performer in the matches we've won is far from disputable.

i just hope he works hard to overcome the loss of his captaincy. ashraful has rarely said the wrong things in the media, its always been his inability to follow through.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old July 4, 2009, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Thanks Z bhai a lot for the translation.
Old July 4, 2009, 05:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

I hope he backs his words and performs with the bat.
Old July 4, 2009, 05:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

many thanks for the translation.

isn't this the same old stuff from ashraful, he might have actually got more cocky saying he's pretty much the reason why the team wins or loses (even if it is true he should be humble enough not to bring it out like this). same words as usual from ash, says he's working hard and it will come, my question is when will it come and for how long? he can't use the excuse of being young and inexperienced anymore because he's not and there are a few players who have come to international cricket younger than he currently is and less experienced who have performed better than him.
Old July 4, 2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus87
He will, inshallah.
Old July 4, 2009, 10:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Default Ashraful's Interview Translated!!! (street version: part 1)

Prothom Alo: What's poppin?
Ashraful: meh. alhamdulillah...
PA: in this country, some people are all, you are not taking the loss of captaincy lightly...true dat?
Ash: wtf?
PA: almost everyone bruh...origin of the rumor is that you were enjoying your schtick...so you wanted to continue
Ash: Listen homes...before everything else...i am a cricketer. been playing for eight years. reppin for 2. i took loss of captaincy normally. cuz i played under all test captain (no homo). saw everyone's veni, vidi, vici... so knew same ish gonna happen to me...feel me?
PA: so why the .... you didnt resign before the board did....
Ash: cuz i felt if some numbn... is raising question about me reppin cud easily be all like "look that fool's got batting problem..." they be all bitchin they didnt see innings from me like previous ones..yadda yadda yadda...but as a unit we werent playing bad...we pwned two games in One Day... drew one test match...other than that...we played some tests real good bro...won one...and drew one against the indies...rest were result of them rain...under Abulito played a good test in multan...under S, against them aussies...and under me...against saffers, new zealand and sri lanka we played 3 games...at the end, we lost.. (duh!) but they were very close...so i still think we were on the right track....
PA: if you believe that crapola then after losing captaincy...you aint heartbroken...it's hard to buy bro..
Ash: that's your matter fool. reason i aint that emo or anything is cuz i still got a lottt of years ahead of me...in many countries...kids of my age didnt even start their careers...and you know what? in many other countries...they start after 1 or 2 years later...so can you cut me some effin slack? i reiterated a lot of times...i got whole lotta years ahead of me...all the ones i played be them bonus...meh...that doesnt mean that i didnt try to play good..so chillax...i been doing hard work for long time...No man on earth can raise and damn old question abt my practise and ish...
Old July 4, 2009, 10:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

ash sounds really confident
Old July 4, 2009, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Prothom Alo: What's poppin? .....

Have to say it. Nicely done.
Old July 4, 2009, 11:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

Have to say it. Nicely done.
Thank you.
Old July 5, 2009, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Good Luck Ashraful.
Old July 5, 2009, 12:40 AM
Cricket Sage

GB majkhane koyek ta yo mama joke dukiaya dile perfect hoito.
Old July 5, 2009, 12:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
haha thats some gangstah shii right thur !!
Old July 5, 2009, 01:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Good one Gopal.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 5, 2009, 02:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Middle Part

Thanks Sohel vai.
+ + +

PA (conceding): word. no one raised that question...
Ash (cutting him off): see???!? there was no goddamn deficiency in my attempts watsoever...but i couldnt see its effects...but in future i can....shot clock aint up yet homie...ima OWN dis captaincy sh-- again...just watch....even when i was all tryna quit dis sh--...i didnt quit because of THIS quintessential reason...cuz if i be like end this sh--...and then hit it later...y'all be raising a friggin ruckus questioning this and that see... i wanted to quit...cuz if the team loses...all blame is on who??? yeah...yours truly! i mean who the eff you be all kidding...there are like freakin ten more schmucknuts in the team....what? they get a free pass? they dont have to perform? the hell did S rip his sh-- cuz those other ten douchebags actually per "f---in" formed!! now under that fool...all the wins we got....i ripped it like a mofo...now...ima just lay low and wish that ima still do ma thang under mash (no homo again)...he's gon rip it too....in the future...when ima run the joint again, who knows...ima start blazin...the team will also hustle hard bruh...
PA: you were given chance till the west indies tour...now in bd cricket this is an unprecendented affair that
yer sorry a$s got bounced before the time expired...this you sure didnt expect...?
Ash: no...i sure didnt. but i knew it damn well that in this country...impossible is nothing...from childhood i saw that there is no guarantee in anything...or else...just cuz of ONE friggin match...all hell broke loose...
PA: Now...this move by bcb...is it more of a logistixx issue or more to match public's emotion...
Ash: This I am not gonna respond. I got a small thing called: Code of Conduct you know
PA: Okay let's not kid ourselves....just cuz the team dont perform well dont mean that all the blames be on you...your perforamnce is under radar more 24/7...do you think this is a crime?
Ash: No man! Why the hell would it be a crime.... if Matin wuz in someone elses shoe he would be doin the same sh-- in his debut test (mind wonders away with sparkle in the eyes)...the sh-- that Matin ripped against murali...that Matin will always perform well...Matin used to expect it......crime? no. but international cricket aint no freakin joke homie...it's a tough gig
PA: zomg! you feeding us this garbage after hustling for eight friggin years?
Ash: hmm...i was perusing Ricky's interview the other day...homeboy is all...he is learning everyday...the f---? now if that bugger can spit this sh-- after 34 centuries...the hell am i gonna front about us homie!?!!? now even 9 years after getting the test status thingy...we didnt have opportunity schmopportunities....now if i was all frontin dis...people be like bringing the mirpur thingy

PA: now what elephant-horse happened in mirpur...sh-- like this is common in ALL country's nook and cranny
Ash: word. we gotta expand our opportunities logarithmically....if everything in the country is blazin...then and only then the national team be pimpin bigtime, see...in domestic cricket we have to start frontin higher...ergo we really gotta increase the scope and chances of those dunces in the academy...
PA: how you gonna remember your two years running the joint?
Ash: plus minus is all there you know. now i can give a rat's a$s but YOU should tuck it under that puny brain of yours dat i started ma sh-- at ma Halcyon days....In my age...i was the sole guy to run the joint....ever since i was a kid, it was my dream to be the big cahuna...THAT i did. but the way i wanted to end my dream, i couldnt. but i learned a lot. it's gonna pay diffidence in the future
PA: Positives and negatives of being the captain?
Ash: Be it captaincy or coaching....it's a tuff gig homie. it's not as if we got a mcgrath or warne all packaged up and ready and sh--that if he just throws the ball...then BINGO! neither we got Hayden or Gillu. whatever we gotta do, we gotta do it all together (again no homo). only 9 years we are in the business...reason im sayin "only" is cuz we still havent found niche and perfect eleven...i have been hearing this "young side" b.s. since Bullus era. STILL we are that_young_side.so we gotta cheerlead de hell out of bd....in fairweather times we have so many friends...in times of need? nada. zilch. zip. not a single freakin soul...when we win... chums be frontin "me this, me that" BUT...but if we lose... we all lose...give me f------in break
PA: even the board starts criticizing by matching beat with their beat...si?
Ash: wordness.. hate that crap. now mark my words esse....the VERY existence of the board relies entirely upon US players.. at the same time...we need the board like Pamela needs wonder-bra....this is also a partnership...if the team is an EPIC FAIL...board needs to take some rubbin...
PA: Give the circumstances, you have some point to prove, huh?
Ash: Nah. not really. i try to play well all the time. same sh-- just different day bro.
PA: but...isnt it a lil bit different than other times...after hearing pimp-smackin from all....arent you just itchin to prove the whole m.............in world what exactly is Ashraful made of?
Old July 5, 2009, 02:28 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Good work Gopal vai but not GREAT though.
Old July 5, 2009, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Good job Gopal. But effing, bugger and homie don't mix right. Mixing up americanism and Brit sootiness isn't really cool. Besides, someone who says 'da' or 'gig' can't really 'peruse' anything, more like 'shootin' through'.

Good effort, but nothing beats Noakhailla/Barishailla as language of satire. Try that.
Old July 5, 2009, 05:48 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Thanks Sohel vai.
+ + +

PA (conceding): word. no one raised that question...
=

haha thats the way we shud roll homes !
Old July 5, 2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus87
He is the top scorer of our team so far...
Old July 5, 2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
PA: in this country, some people are all, you are not taking the loss of captaincy lightly...true dat?
Ash: wtf?
PA: almost everyone bruh...origin of the rumor is that you were enjoying your schtick...so you wanted to continue
Ash: Listen homes...before everything else...i am a cricketer. been playing for eight years. reppin for 2. i took loss of captaincy normally. cuz i played under all test captain (no homo). saw everyone's veni, vidi, vici... so knew same ish gonna happen to me...feel me?
PA: so why the .... you didnt resign before the board did....
Ash: cuz i felt if some numbn... is raising question about me reppin cud easily be all like "look that fool's got batting problem..." they be all bitchin they didnt see innings from me like previous ones..yadda yadda yadda...but as a unit we werent playing bad...we pwned two games in One Day... drew one test match...other than that...we played some tests real good bro...won one...and drew one against the indies...rest were result of them rain...under Abulito played a good test in multan...under S, against them aussies...and under me...against saffers, new zealand and sri lanka we played 3 games...at the end, we lost.. (duh!) but they were very close...so i still think we were on the right track....
PA: if you believe that crapola then after losing captaincy...you aint heartbroken...it's hard to buy bro..
Ash: that's your matter fool. reason i aint that emo or anything is cuz i still got a lottt of years ahead of me...in many countries...kids of my age didnt even start their careers...and you know what? in many other countries...they start after 1 or 2 years later...so can you cut me some effin slack? i reiterated a lot of times...i got whole lotta years ahead of me...all the ones i played be them bonus...meh...that doesnt mean that i didnt try to play good..so chillax...i been doing hard work for long time...No man on earth can raise and damn old question abt my practise and ish...
GB-amago hero re niya moskora hoytase na?! Kharan, ek-mo Test shuru hoite den, hher ek-ton-e dhakkay haoya hoiya jaiben koilam!
Old July 5, 2009, 12:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
He is the top scorer of our team so far...
Hope he continues his form and delivers when it really matters in the opening test match also the Odis and T20. Good Luck ash and co
Old July 7, 2009, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Now published as an FP article:

When we win everyone wins, when we lose only we lose
Utpal Shuvro

Prathom Alo's sports editor Utpal Shuvro spoke recently to Mohammad Ashraful soon after Ashraful was sacked from the national team captaincy. After some initial reticence, he finally agreed to a chat. This interview was taken at the poolside of the Accra Beach Resort on the eve of his first match since losing the captaincy. BanglaCricket thanks Utpal Shuvro in allowing us to present an English translation of the interview in Bangla that was originally published in the Bengali daily Prathom Alo.

Read article »

Old July 7, 2009, 02:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Great work from Dr. Z. But as a Mashrafe fan, I feel kinda sad that Mash still does not get the attention that Ash gets. While Ash's interview got published in BC front page, Mash's interview thread took about three days to get 40+ replies from fans.

Long live Ashraful.
Old July 7, 2009, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Great work from Dr. Z. But as a Mashrafe fan, I feel kinda sad that Mash still does not get the attention that Ash gets. While Ash's interview got published in BC front page, Mash's interview thread took about three days to get 40+ replies from fans.

Long live Ashraful.
That's coming next ...
Old July 7, 2009, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Somehow, Ash sounds even more of an arrogant prick in the translation. Didn't realize exactly how bold he were in the Bangla version.
Old July 7, 2009, 03:00 PM
Test Cricketer

The best part of the interview is when he called BCB out like they are. The BCB and the players are in the same team. The BCB sometimes forgets that while trying to cover their behinds.

Last edited by meazz1; July 7, 2009 at 03:17 PM..