facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old July 21, 2009, 03:48 PM
Blah Blah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 8, 2004
Posts: 1,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
well, Allah knows best...I don't...

even though plenty of excellent practicing muslims exist on this forum,(All thanks to Allah) some people who feel annoyed by the "remembrance" will continuously attack me from 360 degrees whenever they get the chance by any means necessary(mostly indirectly) But I will remain intact, keep my cool and Allah will answer for me if he thinks I am doing my job, otherwise I FAIL, simple as that!!!!
Not to start a spin...

But, if Allah gets credit for the existence of "practicing Muslims" - does he get the blame for "non-practicing Muslims"?

I am not trying to attack you, just trying to have an open discussion if you are willing (or rather, if Allah willing).
Reply With Quote

  #102  
Old July 21, 2009, 03:49 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
otherwise I FAIL, simple as that!!!!
Dubba maira eto khushi ami ajporjonto kaure dekhi nai...lol
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old July 21, 2009, 05:34 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root
Posts: 14,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
Not to start a spin...

But, if Allah gets credit for the existence of "practicing Muslims" - does he get the blame for "non-practicing Muslims"?

I am not trying to attack you, just trying to have an open discussion if you are willing (or rather, if Allah willing).
i am sorry, i failed to make my intent clear, I always thank Allah for all the positives i can find in my life and beyond...to me personally, finding practicing muslims is always a plus, hence i thank Allah almighty...
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old July 21, 2009, 05:56 PM
Peace Peace is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 3, 2009
Posts: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
Private online forums are dictatorship. They don't have to tell you who they banned or why they banned or what msg gets deleted or why msg gets deleted. Taking your real-life "democratic" understanding and "freedom of speech" doesn't apply or work on online forums.

I was a moderator of an online forum (20k + members) for several years. It was the most thankless, non-paying job I ever had. Members seems to have the illusion that they have the "right" or "FOP" and some idiot went as far as threatening to call his lawyer because I was "restricting" his "freedom of speech".

Point being, people online are dicks - unlike their real-life alter-ego. So mods sometimes have to be a dick to deal with them. They don't even have to tell you why they are being a dick. The sooner you understand it, the easier it will be for you to deal with it.
Blah,
The forum leaders don’t have to comply with member’s demand or requests.It is up to them.

However, as you mentioned that you were not happy with your involvement in other forum due to some incidents, and eventually you have left that forum; one could only imagine what would have happened if everyone was dissatisfied like you and had left that forum.

In any service, it is important that you maintain a good standard (fair) of service, whether it’s democratic or autocratic is secondary. Because an organisation will not survive without its service users. If you want to make progress and expand, it is important that your service users are happy. The only way you can achieve it if you have fair and rational policy/rules in place and you apply them promptly. The “dick” head attitude will not take any individual or an organisation further to its potential.


I hope your assumption is wrong in BC’s case.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:26 PM
Blah Blah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 8, 2004
Posts: 1,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
Blah,
The forum leaders don’t have to comply with member’s demand or requests.It is up to them.

However, as you mentioned that you were not happy with your involvement in other forum due to some incidents, and eventually you have left that forum; one could only imagine what would have happened if everyone was dissatisfied like you and had left that forum.
I didn't say I was dissatisfied with the forum and left. I said forum moderation job was a thankless job. Even though I am not a moderator in that forum anymore, I am very much involved in that forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
In any service, it is important that you maintain a good standard (fair) of service, whether it’s democratic or autocratic is secondary. Because an organisation will not survive without its service users. If you want to make progress and expand, it is important that your service users are happy. The only way you can achieve it if you have fair and rational policy/rules in place and you apply them promptly. The “dick” head attitude will not take any individual or an organisation further to its potential.


I hope your assumption is wrong in BC’s case.
To the best of my knowledge BC is not a business, an organization or a service provider. The forum started and exist because of the passion of few individuals. They do need to be rational when moderating the forum but they don't have to be "fair".

Fairness is arbitrary.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:37 PM
Peace Peace is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 3, 2009
Posts: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
To the best of my knowledge BC is not a business, an organization or a service provider. The forum started and exist because of the passion of few individuals. They do need to be rational when moderating the forum but they don't have to be "fair".

Fairness is arbitrary.
So, how would you satisfy yourself if you spend, let’s say 4-5 years in a forum writing hundreds of pages of posts and threads, and then get banned for unreasonableness?
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:46 PM
Blah Blah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 8, 2004
Posts: 1,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
So, how would you satisfy yourself if you spend, let’s say 4-5 years in a forum writing hundreds of pages of posts and threads, and then get banned for unreasonableness?
1) How often does that happen?

2) You must have done something really messed up to get banned after being a member for 4-5 years. It is very unlikely that they will ban a long-term member without good reasons. I did say they don't have to be fair, but I didn't say they have to be idiot.

3) You will live. Trust me. The world will move on and 6 months from now, you will forget about it and something more important will come to your life.

or.. you can always create another account and not make the same mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:52 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
or.. you can always create another account and not make the same mistake.
I happen to find unintentional coincidences utterly humorous.

Or was it intentional? Oh the suspense...
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:56 PM
Blah Blah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 8, 2004
Posts: 1,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I happen to find unintentional coincidences utterly humorous.

Or was it intentional? Oh the suspense...
Oh, but it was intentional...
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old July 21, 2009, 07:07 PM
Blah Blah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 8, 2004
Posts: 1,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
i am sorry, i failed to make my intent clear,
No need to apologize. I was just trying to be a smartass. I am sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old July 21, 2009, 07:08 PM
Peace Peace is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 3, 2009
Posts: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I happen to find unintentional coincidences utterly humorous.

Or was it intentional? Oh the suspense...
Asif,
you win, as always.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old July 23, 2009, 02:52 AM
Bruno Bruno is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 12, 2009
Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle
Posts: 231

this thread has gone to diff places now....i dont even know where to begin....too much juice...not enuf squeezing.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old July 23, 2009, 07:56 AM
Imteaz's Avatar
Imteaz Imteaz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 5, 2006
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn
Posts: 2,481

Discussion is there. Any..................?
__________________
Cricket is the Passion
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old July 23, 2009, 11:58 AM
Beamer's Avatar
Beamer Beamer is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 15, 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Posts: 9,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
@Blah - good one. Beamer you have to admit he got you there!

we aren't quite the bible-belt living, snake-bite taking rubes that would fall for the whole Cohen shtick you are peddling but hey, who am I to judge ... Carry on mon ami ... just don't cross that greyish line ...
No, he didn't. Billah put it on a platter for him. Even a fish brain will take that opportunity.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket