facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: now who should lead BD cricket!!???
Mashrafe-Bin-Mortaza 32 40.51%
Shakib-Al-Hasan 47 59.49%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 26, 2009, 05:37 PM
Cricket Legend

we shouldn't break this winning combination.....its about our national win...we should sacrifice something else in the name of nation..salute to Mash...but Sakib should carry on as he is doing best. its visible,proved n true.

Old July 26, 2009, 05:37 PM
Cricket Guru

If Mash will be gone for 8 months, Sakib will settle in the team as a captain by then. It will be then unfair both to Sakib and the team to unsettle Sakib as the captain.
Old July 26, 2009, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
If Mash will be gone for 8 months, Sakib will settle in the team as a captain by then. It will be then unfair both to Sakib and the team to unsettle Sakib as the captain.
We sure hope Mash ain't down for 8 months. But If that's the case, tragic as it is, Mash's captaincy days are over.
Old July 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I want to see Mash more as a captain.So, if he is fit let him come & lead the team but
if he fails then let Sakib lead.
I think it's too early for sakib to lead & too early for Mash to be dropped from
captaincy.
Anyway the whole situation now is not encouraging me to choose any option of the poll.
Old July 26, 2009, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Exclamation ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
sad but true.....
http://www.prothom-alo.net/V1/mcat.n...3NTIx&mid=OA==
Old July 27, 2009, 03:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

voted for Shakib, since Mashrafee is injured and possibly out of cricket for months. So until Mash comes back, Shakib is the obvious choice. Then Mashrafee SHOULD take over. Shakib has ages to go as a cricketer, and he'll be eventually leading the BD team for a long time.
Old July 27, 2009, 03:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

looks like shakib is born to b a leader....
Old July 27, 2009, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Mashrafe Mortaza.
Old July 27, 2009, 04:09 AM
Test Cricketer

we have to get our priority sorted,
afcourse itl be very harsh, unfortunate and to some extent unfair if mash doesnt get back the captaincy,
but in cricket/ (national interest) the team should always come firsts then a single man,
since shakib is swowing clear sign of being the real deal, he should be the permanent captain
Old July 27, 2009, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

We gotta see Mashrafe stamp his authority first and then we can make judgments as fans
Old July 27, 2009, 09:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Mashrafe should not lose his captaincy because of his injury. I was one of the few who was wishing they would give the opportunity to Sakib in the first place when they sacked Ash. Now that BCB lost that opportunity and kind of created a mini-mess (sort of), they need to stick with Mashrafee a little bit more and let Sakib play a more prominent role as VC and let him lead the team when Mashrafee cannot play. I think it will work fine as long as Mashrfee undersand that he should play a mentor role to guide Sakib to become a great captain in future, and in the mean time they work together and take advantge of their strengths.
Old July 27, 2009, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

I think sakib should be our permanent captain. I ve never seen a Bd captain as innovative as sakib is on batting order and bowling selections regardless of his performance. When Mashrafi gets fit, he has to fight his way in the team. My personal feeling Mashrafi is a laid back character whereas sakib is hard working and determined and its the later kind of people who succeed as captain.
Old July 27, 2009, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Mashrafe should not lose his captaincy because of his injury. I was one of the few who was wishing they would give the opportunity to Sakib in the first place when they sacked Ash. Now that BCB lost that opportunity and kind of created a mini-mess (sort of), they need to stick with Mashrafee a little bit more and let Sakib play a more prominent role as VC and let him lead the team when Mashrafee cannot play. I think it will work fine as long as Mashrfee undersand that he should play a mentor role to guide Sakib to become a great captain in future, and in the mean time they work together and take advantge of their strengths.
i heard mash can't come back before 8 months........
Old July 27, 2009, 10:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Although it is a 'Mini-mess' as mamu mentions, I see this as an opportunity to get a real-life check on our captaincy resources. I see this as an opportunity because Mash being a pacer, he is at a greater risk of being injured more frequently. In such cases, I see Sakib to be a leader...and guess what, we will not be worried to hand the side over to him.

In the long-run, Sakib should take over the captain's role, while Mash should be appointed as a VC...although this may shatter Mash's confidence (I hope not)
Old July 27, 2009, 10:31 AM
Street Cricketer

If mash needs another surgery as some reported, it'll take him close to eight months to get back on training camp. And then the team will have only about a year for the world cup. I'll suggest to give sakib enough time to sharpen his captaincy by this time to take us through world cup.

For mash it'll be good to have surgery now so he will be ready for world cup. We'll need him at his best performance at the world cup. After world cup sakib's performance can be evaluated and mash may have a chance.
Old July 27, 2009, 11:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Not left much for me to say.
MASH it is, if i were to select.

The poor guy didnt even get a chance to lead one full game.
We dont know yet what he can/cant.
Taking it away from him right now cuz the other guys is doing good would be ultimate injustice.

He should be given a chance to prove himself.
Who knows, he could be equally good like Sakib.
Then we could have two really great Captain and Vice Captain.

If he does not prove his worth, we know the pipeline is going strong.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 27, 2009, 11:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Not left much for me to say.
MASH it is, if i were to select.

The poor guy didnt even get a chance to lead one full game.
We dont know yet what he can/cant.
Taking it away from him right now cuz the other guys is doing good would be ultimate injustice.

He should be given a chance to prove himself.
Who knows, he could be equally good like Sakib.
Then we could have two really great Captain and Vice Captain.

If he does not prove his worth, we know the pipeline is going strong.
Sorry strongly disagree Rabz formerly known as sydney vai. International cricket is not about love affair chairty. One: We can't afford to experiment with players. Two: It's not about being nice guy and giving everyone equal chance. Lastly: If someone is doing good, common sense dictates to stick with him.

Love,

Munshi formerly known as Gopal
Old July 27, 2009, 11:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Sorry strongly disagree Rabz formerly known as sydney vai. International cricket is not about love affair chairty. One: We can't afford to experiment with players. Two: It's not about being nice guy and giving everyone equal chance. Lastly: If someone is doing good, common sense dictates to stick with him.

Love,

Munshi formerly known as Gopal
gotta agree with munshi bhai here as much as i have respect for Mash and Rabz...

when somebody is doing good, keep at it!!!

besides, Mortaza, as a fast bowler is already injury prone and always under tremendous pressure...let him perform his best game
Old July 27, 2009, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
I think sakib should be our permanent captain. I ve never seen a Bd captain as innovative as sakib is on batting order and bowling selections regardless of his performance. When Mashrafi gets fit, he has to fight his way in the team. My personal feeling Mashrafi is a laid back character whereas sakib is hard working and determined and its the later kind of people who succeed as captain.
Nicely put, my thought exactly! May Shakib take this team to the NEXT level!
Old July 27, 2009, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

It should be daylight clear by now that Shakib by far the most talented and the intelligent captain in the history of BD cricket. Nobody even comes close, and may I say that includes Mashrafee. Just because Mashafee was elected captain, does not mean that we cant make changes for 2 long years! Accept the fact, Shakib is an innovative leader, who plays like a leader and performs like a leader. First time I felt we have a hope on someone, someone who has a cricketing brain.

So when we found the gem finally, stick with it. Mashrafee is a carefree man, he may be a leader but we are simply better off with Shakib, it will be a mistake to hand back captaincy to Mashafee. Dont worry too much about future, we need the best palyers in the best postion NOW. To me Shakib is our man, not after 2-3 years from now, right now, right at this moment.