facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 10, 2009, 07:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Kabir,

Thats a joke, right ?

Old August 10, 2009, 07:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Kabir,

Thats a joke, right ?
He might be joking, but Windians are known for their Pace fetish. So they might pick another pacer before Shakib.

Personally, I think Shakib would walk in to OZ or Eng team by his bowling alone. The only team that might hesitate before picking him is India or SA, because both these countries have some very good allrounders.
Old August 10, 2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
He might be joking, but Windians are known for their Pace fetish. So they might pick another pacer before Shakib.

Personally, I think Shakib would walk in to OZ or Eng team by his bowling alone. The only team that might hesitate before picking him is India or SA, because both these countries have some very good allrounders.
I though Shakib is the #1 alrounder of the world!
Old August 10, 2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Name me a team in the world Shakib wouldnt get picked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
West Indies.
Pakistan due to politics!?
Old August 10, 2009, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Siraji,

Yeah, that has been noted by me about West Indies cricket since, oh, 1984 or so when they got flogged by NSW on a turning SCG wicket (and then showed they showed why Viv Richards was such a crap captain by losing again at the same ground to the same bowlers, now playing for Australia). Amazing how they keep losing, decade after decade, when abandoning so many decent cricketers because they bowl decent spin rather than crap fast medium.

Do South Africa have a decent slow bowler ? At all ? I cant name one. Given that, Sakib has to start a long way ahead of another seamer who can bat a bit.

India, possibly the only team he wouldnt get a gig in, although Harjabhan Singh may have reasons to be nervous.
Old August 10, 2009, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Siraji,

Yeah, that has been noted by me about West Indies cricket since, oh, 1984 or so when they got flogged by NSW on a turning SCG wicket (and then showed they showed why Viv Richards was such a crap captain by losing again at the same ground to the same bowlers, now playing for Australia). Amazing how they keep losing, decade after decade, when abandoning so many decent cricketers because they bowl decent spin rather than crap fast medium.

Do South Africa have a decent slow bowler ? At all ? I cant name one. Given that, Sakib has to start a long way ahead of another seamer who can bat a bit.

India, possibly the only team he wouldnt get a gig in, although Harjabhan Singh may have reasons to be nervous.

If Shakib was born in India, Harvhajan would not be playing still, A way overrated bowler who is canon fodder outside india. The only reason Shakib might have trouble is that Indians are batsman happy. I think they'd choose some one like Raina over Shakib.

As for SA, they don't have a slowbowler worth his salt, but they don't seem to need any. They have a very large and diverse pool of talent. To get in, Shakib has to dislodge someone first, but in recent times, Proteus team has very few shaky players(barring the political BS)
Old August 11, 2009, 02:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

An ATP thread.

There is no point of bursting shakib's bubble. He himself is doing it quiet nicely through his performances. That's showing in his rankings.

One may not feel his actions to be classical/orthodox; but if that brings good result, that's ok for him. There is no final solution to one's technique. natural abilities are far more important than what the book says, specially when the natural abilities are perfected by a player.

Last edited by BANFAN; August 11, 2009 at 06:37 AM..