facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 16, 2009, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirocker
meaningless....
bhai ekta jinish bole rakhi...........if u never pick up small mistakes........u never gonna improve........never

side topic: once i commented that ash got problem with his mindset...........maybe long time ago...........who agreed with me? probably one or two.........but at the end......i was right...........jeishob jinish futurer jonno khotikor sheishob thik kora uchit

about rock: he is a very good player no doubt.........but he got major weakness........most of the time he plays to leg .........so if the opponent captain is clever, nextime he gonna put more fielders to the leg........and guess what rock will get run out or catch out.............

dekhen na kotha lage kina shamne!

Old August 16, 2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful

boro lojja...conventrir moto batter 194 kore!! chi chi...........
kintu TI oi looja onek khani kom korche!
Old August 16, 2009, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
On this type of pitch who knows what will happen in the next game. If there is any shame then it has to be on the curator. No one else. Is it a shame Shewag scored triple on Pak flat bed pitch? I hail Conventry for the knock. Had he been out Zim would be all out for sure.

Now logic:
If private parts are shameful to expose then the person who exposes them is shameless. IF coventry's knock is shameful for us then.... HHS

To me his knock was not shameful. It can happen on these pitches.
shame to us not the coventry knock my bro............
Old August 16, 2009, 10:42 AM
Test Cricketer

irritating thread.
Old August 16, 2009, 11:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

shame...lojjaa kichu ta holeo komche.....isshh...gu hara harle coventry r craze r chote shob credit zero hoy jaito !! thanks tamim !!
Old August 16, 2009, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
1: i have rights to bash any player i want........even if it's my fav player shakib or even it's my fav player rock..........

2: yes it's a shame.........194 runs is not a joke........bd'r kono batsman parse kono decent teamer shathe 160 er upore korte ajporjonto? if u compare bd and zimbabwe......bd got much facilities, 2/3 coaches, trainer...etc.......where zimb got lack of facilities.........ei typer thread aro onek bair hoise i know........so that means those threads were shameful?

3: yes we won........except tht tamim innings, we would've been lost

and so far.......party time is over now..........this is international cricket........ami chailam r century pailam eto shoja na.......

ceventry jodi 194 mare tahole irelander neil o brien o dekha jabe koyekdin por fastest 100 mere dise..........
[edited ] If it wasn't for Coventry, we would have thrashed them.

Last edited by ammark; August 16, 2009 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: No need to attack the poster.
Old August 16, 2009, 11:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Why can't we give credit to Coventry for playing a great innings today? We contained Zim to very gettable total in the end. You can't expect to book the opposition under 300 on this type of pitch. It was a belter, to say the least. And, credit to our batsmen: they paced their innings very well...Tamim in particular, with great support from Junu and Rock. We did the best we could with our depleted bowling resources. Rasel and Robin are not exactly first string pacers (Mashrafe, Rubel, Shahadat, Nazmul cannot be replaced so easily). Enamul isn't much of an ODI bowler...(missing Raj big time). Shakib had an ordinary day, but that happens from time to time. Riyad really isn't much of a bowler...and he's part-timer at that. Naeem Islam is a part-timer too. Add to that the shoddy fielding, two sitters that were dropped, and we did pretty well considering.
Old August 16, 2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Why can't we give credit to Coventry for playing a great innings today? We contained Zim to very gettable total in the end. You can't expect to book the opposition under 300 on this type of pitch. It was a belter, to say the least. And, credit to our batsmen: they paced their innings very well...Tamim in particular, with great support from Junu and Rock. We did the best we could with our depleted bowling resources. Rasel and Robin are not exactly first string pacers (Mashrafe, Rubel, Shahadat, Nazmul cannot be replaced so easily). Enamul isn't much of an ODI bowler...(missing Raj big time). Shakib had an ordinary day, but that happens from time to time. Riyad really isn't much of a bowler...and he's part-timer at that. Naeem Islam is a part-timer too. Add to that the shoddy fielding, two sitters that were dropped, and we did pretty well considering.
This post needs to pop-up from now until the next game each and every time someone wants to post on BC.
Old August 16, 2009, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

If anything, I am disappointed by the well, chhotoloki-pana exhibited by some of our fans. Is it so very difficult for some of us to be magnanimous? Even when we have chased down a 300+ target that would have made us quake in our boots a couple of years ago? When we have won?

For in this and other threads, I see some posters whining about Tamim having to share the MOM with Coventry, complaining about Zim bowlers celebrating, and even using derogatory terms like "kowla". Shame on them for displaying such unsportsmanlike behaviour.
Old August 16, 2009, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
If anything, I am disappointed by the well, chhotoloki-pana exhibited by some of our fans. Is it so very difficult for some of us to be magnanimous? Even when we have chased down a 300+ target that would have made us quake in our boots a couple of years ago? When we have won?

For in this and other threads, I see some posters whining about Tamim having to share the MOM with Coventry, complaining about Zim bowlers celebrating, and even using derogatory terms like "kowla". Shame on them for displaying such unsportsmanlike behaviour.
Boom Shakalaka! Overall, this was an awesome game of cricket and any genuine lover of the game cum Bangladesh cricket fan would be thrilled that our guys were involved and of course, were bang on target with the run chase.

I see no "shame" in the 194* - it was a beastly inning, stuff that I crave as a cricket fan in general - but in fact am glad that he got that far, and gladder that we toppled his efforts.
Old August 16, 2009, 05:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Ban AsifTheManRahman please....

Last edited by Zeeshan; August 16, 2009 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: Subtlety...it's all in the details.
Old August 16, 2009, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Jetar pore ei obostha! Harley je ki hoto?!!
bhai eita likhsi when zimb finished their batting innings.........

koyekdin por dekhben ireland er neil o brien o chance paia worlder fastest 100 mere dise amader shathe...........yes we can only know how to appreciate other players........kintu amader bowling and fielding je kharap kore oita karo temon chokhe pore na jokhon amra jiti............jitle hush thake na ......na jitle bd ekta matchea joto bhul korse ta find kore..............a perfect xample is the third odi against zimbabwe
Old August 16, 2009, 07:42 PM
Cricket Sage

I agree ... Lozza ... Lozza... 312 koreO Jitte parey na.
Old August 16, 2009, 09:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad

very true, it is sport, anything can happen here,Zim is not the top team but they have good players and today Coventry used the opportunity. ourselves have to correct the mistakes, makes all right by improving ,thats all not by disrespecting the oppositions
we have to be more respectful to our opposition
Old August 17, 2009, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Wrong Perception.
Old August 17, 2009, 12:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
this guy just scored a world record, its a bit unfair to saeed anwar, this coventry is not in the same class as him, but then the opposition was bangladesh and even dropped twice of easy catches! a guy coming after 4-5 years into international cricket can still do "tula dhuna" of our joke bowlers. so u can imagine where our rightful place is!

yes i agree, its a shameful performance, the way things are going, the batting will put us into even more shame........ and the series will be lost 3-2.

Give the guy his due credit:

How many matches the mighty aussi,sa, pak, sr,ind, wi (including lara) played against bang, zim nd even worse bowling attacks like the associates . my guess is around 400 nd more.
nd only one sayed anwar scored 194 before coventry and even anwar was droped in that inning.

my point is even againts a second string bong attack, albeit two catches being dropped, it is a herculian effort to score 194 which even the best have failed to do
against the worst bowling attacks
Old August 17, 2009, 12:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

It's not at all a shame for Coventry and we should be Magnanimous enough to appreciate & respect his efforts. That's a huge achievement. And I don't think this thread means a shame to coventry. It isn't his fault that we missed catches. Getting 194* isn't easy even with two lives; Shakib got two lives during 2nd ODI, he made a century only. So Coventry has all the reasons to be proud of his efforts & we have to accept that whole heartedly.

It's definitely a lojja for our efforts. It's a shame that we put in so poor effort in the field. Forget about ground fielding; The bowlers created opportunities and they weren't half chances at all. Just because we have won; doesn't mean that we should start feeling proud of missing lolypop catches. There is no magnanimity in feeling proud of our criminal mistakes; which allowed coventry to do that.

We all have a tendency to praise for the mistakes if the team wins and manufacture mistakes if the team loses. Both are taking us away from the real problem and provide erroneous/out of focus solutions & affect our future development.

I'm sure a flat wicket has nothing to do with catching. However way we try to justify our mistakes/crimes; The cricketing world will always point at the quality of the opposition's efforts; due to those mistakes we committed. How can we not feel ashamed of that?

Last edited by BANFAN; August 17, 2009 at 02:38 AM..