facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: What would you say about sakib's captaincy in the field in last 2 ODI?
Awful 6 8.57%
poor 9 12.86%
ok 16 22.86%
good 23 32.86%
very good 15 21.43%
who cares 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 16, 2009, 02:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
His captaincy lacked patience, he kept changing bowlers alot without giving them enough time to adjust.
I heard the commntatrs were praising his bwlng changes.
It was to not let the btsmen settle against any partiular bowlr.
it's ok to me.
As Fais bro said his T20 bttng is surely making me worried too.

Old August 16, 2009, 03:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

poor. Expect much more from him.
Old August 16, 2009, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

I voted Good. I was not happy about today but I have had to vote over this period. What he sometimes lacked in tactics, he delivered by example.

Sometimes, his intention to keep the batsmen guessing by switching bowlers backfires. Today, for example, Enam was keeping a tight lid. That was not the time to take him off. Rasel our best bowler today did not complete his 10 overs.

But I must not dwell only on today. He has been an inspiring captain on other days. He should curb his enthusiasm sometimes when it almost borders on over-confidence.
Old August 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

You can't expect him to be amazing everyday. I'm sure the stress is starting to wear on him. Add to that, he doesn't really have much to work with. We don't have a strike bowler who can take wickets... Just run restricters and part timers.
Old August 16, 2009, 03:42 PM
Banned

man shakib is fatigued look t him..... he didnt shave ages.......... his efficiency is decreasing......... give him a break
Old August 16, 2009, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

with the exception of BD bowling to ZIM in the 1st match, there has been nothing for the bowlers in this series. I don't think we can blame the ZIM scores too much on Shakib.

With the exception of his innings in the 3rd ODI, I have been happy with him.

Definitely the best choice for us and too early to blame him.
Old August 16, 2009, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

he is by far the best captain of bd i think. some times he will make wrong decisions, sometimes he wont perform, but as long as his application and intent is there, he will inspire others and thats what matters.
Old August 16, 2009, 04:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

He can be a very good captain. He had bad day at office. But he has to work out on one thing to put more logic than instinct while making decisions.
Old August 16, 2009, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Shakib is best what Bangladesh got right now.
Old August 17, 2009, 04:23 AM
Club Cricketer

wat the hell!! how is he doing bad..u all just say hes doing badd..with no referencing to captaining principles watsoeva.

first of all- he leads from the front- he bowls wen needed, wen all others fails, not afraid to bowl at the death
he sets effective fields- fielders fult for dropping catches..not his. stupid
chop n change bowlers wen needed- not predictable, he calls on the bowlers to get the job done n get it done good whether its in 1 over spell or 10. unlike he dosnt screw up bowling changes..ash wud regularly bring on a pcer wen spinners r doing fine. shak utilises spinners great..eg ash 1 or 2 overs.
he puts the team first- bats to the situation 100 from 64. the team needed a knok..n got it.

so far hes got 90%+ record of winning, n his captaincy been full of intelligence and class. get off his bak for no reason !! seriously ridiculous
Old August 17, 2009, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

This is not the right time to judge. More or Less OK. We didnt lose the series.
Old August 17, 2009, 05:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf-stah
wat the hell!! how is he doing bad..u all just say hes doing badd..with no referencing to captaining principles watsoeva.

first of all- he leads from the front- he bowls wen needed, wen all others fails, not afraid to bowl at the death he sets effective fields- fielders fult for dropping catches..not his. stupid
........................... !! seriously ridiculous
Quote:
What would you say about sakib's captaincy in the field in last 2 ODI?
Analyze those (Bold) in last two matches
Old August 17, 2009, 05:48 AM
Club Cricketer

he didnt get the best of figures..but still dosnt chnage the character he brings to his captaincy.

a captain is only as good as his team.

after a period of spin...ponting brings on mcgrath n shakib brings on rubel. both do the same move...but dosnt take a genious to figure out who'l do the job..etc etc

poting sets symonds at short cover, shakib sets roqibul...we all know who wil drop the catch

n so on n so on...

Last edited by raf-stah; August 17, 2009 at 05:59 AM..
Old August 17, 2009, 06:06 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

I don't think his captaincy was too bad last 2 ODI except won the toss & gave opponent bat on batting paradise. We have to keep in mind, our front line bowler is out of team (mashrafe, Rubel, Abur Razzak & now nazmul). Still I believe he is doing pretty well so far though he made some mistake 3rd ODI.
Old August 17, 2009, 06:10 AM
Test Cricketer

He is only 22 what do you expect? Give him some time to master his skills and don’t expect too much from him.. this is our main problem.. khaite dile boite chay r boite dile shuite chay.. he is doing much better than any other captain we had.. winning the match is important.. what he does in the field comes second..
Old August 17, 2009, 06:55 AM
Cricket Guru

I must say, he hasn't been up to scratch with his captaincy and some of you people thought he would be better than my Mashrafe :P LOL. I think a lot of people have mentioned this before, he is still young and needs more time. We can't expect him to be a world class captain just yet! We are all humans and make wrong decisions, but what we must do is learn from those mistakes. I think Shakib did pretty good as captain in the previous ODI, he kept rotating bowlers, I guess he kinda lost his cool after the umpire not giving him 3 LBWs For once we have an itelligent captain and he will do really good as captain in the future. we just need to give him time. I mean he's done well so far, I mean you can't expect everything from 1 player can you? We should be proud of what he's done so far
Old August 17, 2009, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickey
man shakib is fatigued look t him..... he didnt shave ages.......... his efficiency is decreasing......... give him a break

I agree. He needs break. He is mentally fatigued. He had few poor decisions in last two ODIs. But he is a smart captain. He always try out different ways. There is nothing worng in doing this. He should be given time to gain experience. I am afraid captaincy might take toll on his batting.

Team needs break soon before fatigue sets in. Yet I am hoping something big from Tamim again in the next match.
Old August 17, 2009, 10:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

SO FAR:
World standard: Very good. (Smith had his share of problems even with those classy players around him in the begining)

Our standard: Very very good. (considering what we have been putting up with: KM, KM, HB, Ash)

By the way, Shakib is not an Angle. Anyone thinking he will not make any mistakes are so wrong.

But the real test is when the going gets tough.
Old August 17, 2009, 11:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

He deserves a learning curve as well. Often, you learn more from your mistakes and losses, then victories where a mistake can be overlooked because you won. I think he has all the ingredients to be a very good captain. Lets not judge him right away.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

As long as BD keeps winning, I won't be complaining about his captaincy. Afterall it's more about leading from the front and getting the best out of the players.. decisions about "batting or fielding first" is made by the whole team including the coach, Sakib cannot be blamed for that.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Question was about the last 2 games..

It was poor. His bowling change wasn't right at all. In 3rd game, he kept bowling Robin while he was leaking too many runs and then he didn't use Naeem at all. Bowled Riyad for only 2 overs.

In the 4th match, he didn't finish off Rasel and Enam who were most economical. Enam got a wicket in the last over but in the next over he brought back Robin and didn't finish off Enam's overs. He was most economical. I kinda feel like he is jealous. (I hope not)

His captaincy in WI was superb.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Question was about the last 2 games..

It was poor. His bowling change wasn't right at all. In 3rd game, he kept bowling Robin while he was leaking too many runs and then he didn't use Naeem at all. Bowled Riyad for only 2 overs.

In the 4th match, he didn't finish off Rasel and Enam who were most economical. Enam got a wicket in the last over but in the next over he brought back Robin and didn't finish off Enam's overs. He was most economical. I kinda feel like he is jealous. (I hope not)

His captaincy in WI was superb.
I was following the match (4th) and felt the changes were perfect. Amazing how two can watch the same game and have two different feeling.

Power play taken at the 45th overs (so last over there will be no powerplay).
1st over, Enam gives 16 runs
2nd over, Shakib gives 21 runs
3rd over, Enam gives 9 (5 balls) with an out
4th over, Rasel 6 with a wide
5th over, This is where shakib made the smart move bringing back Robin instead of Enam. Robin gives 9 runs.

Final over Rasel gives 10 runs.

With spinners taken in to cleaners that 49th over was very important to keep them under 320. Sometimes we need to understand match situations. Ash's econ was very low. Do you think he should have had the ball in dying end of the match and he could still maintain that econ or remotely close?

There are periods of time in the match when batsmen consolidates and there are times when they hit out. Playing your cards right will get the advantage. I think Shakib did great on that front. Less econ vs high econ and getting the ball matter not. Who can finish the job when it matters is the thing to look for.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I was following the match (4th) and felt the changes were perfect. Amazing how two can watch the same game and have two different feeling.

Power play taken at the 45th overs (so last over there will be no powerplay).
1st over, Enam gives 16 runs
2nd over, Shakib gives 21 runs
3rd over, Enam gives 9 (5 balls) with an out
4th over, Rasel 6 with a wide
5th over, This is where shakib made the smart move bringing back Robin instead of Enam. Robin gives 9 runs.

Final over Rasel gives 10 runs.

With spinners taken in to cleaners that 49th over was very important to keep them under 320. Sometimes we need to understand match situations. Ash's econ was very low. Do you think he should have had the ball in dying end of the match and he could still maintain that econ or remotely close?

There are periods of time in the match when batsmen consolidates and there are times when they hit out. Playing your cards right will get the advantage. I think Shakib did great on that front. Less econ vs high econ and getting the ball matter not. Who can finish the job when it matters is the thing to look for.
Great observation. This proves Shakib is far more discreet than ordinary critics of him in this forum.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I agree with some of your points, Mijan bhai.
No I'd never like to see Ash bowling in the death overs. But he should've been used more in the middle overs instead of Robin, who was leaking too many runs. In the first spell, Ash gave away only 8 runs from 3 overs. In the 2nd spel, he bowled only one over and gave away only 3 runs. My question is why didn't he bowl him more as Zimb batsmen struggled to make runs against him? He did the same thing in the 3rd game, kept bowling Robin and Mehrab and didn't give a naeem a chancwe to bowl.

In the last two games, Shakib did what Ash did in the tri-series earlier in the year. Ash kept bowling Rubel when he was leaking runs and didn't bowl Riyad. Here its Robin.