facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2014, 02:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion
Default March 16th D-Day: Will we win or lose?

So it all comes down to this day. If we win, we are going to make far into the tournament. If we lose, undoubtedly it will be the darkest chapter in our entire history. All world cup losses against minnows we had previously wont even come close to this one. So with our full strength team, are we winning the encounter on March 16th that will determine our fate in World t20 2014?
Please no silly comments, just stick to the topic and give your reasons why will we or why we won't? I believe although the results haven't gone our way, the past month have been the ideal preparation for us. Almost all our players in t20 squad have been busy and involved in some intense games. Confidence is low, but we couldn't have asked for a better start in this championship. There is no doubt we are going to strike back like wounded tigers! It is coming, God Willing.

Old March 6, 2014, 03:40 PM
Street Cricketer

Well I can give you the Afghan point of view here as I am Afghan.

I think Bangladesh is the favorite here and if they keep their head cool and play sensible cricket then Bangladesh can win. The pressure though will be immense on Bangladesh and they have been losing all games recently, so we are not without any chances.

At the end of the day I think Bangladesh has more quality in their team and more quality players and should be able to win, but as you saw in the ODI games that if it clicks for us, then we can take the game away from Bangladesh. Like Shinwari and Asghar scored 100 or so in last 10 overs.

This is how Afghans we most probably start:

1. Mangal - Never Performs
2. Shehzad - Out of form
3. Asghar - Too slow for T20
4. Najibullah - did not perform at Asia cup
5. Nabi - Main player
6. Gulbodin - Can hit big
7. Samiullah - need to perform
8. Mirwais Ashraf - can hit big
9. Dowlat Zadran - is not reliable with bowl
10.Shapoor Zadran - MAshallah bowling well.
11. Hamza Hotak. - bowls well usually.
Old March 6, 2014, 04:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Mandela bhai (muslim muslim bhai bhai...yay),

Let me tell you we just had a rotten rotten month or two. And, to be honest, had we played Tahiti we still would have found a way to lose a game. Glad that we have got it out of our system. A few days break...a lot of soul searching...and we will have a re-energized and rejuvenated Bangladesh back- inshaallah. And, hopefully with all the top players back into the squad (Tamim, Mashrafe, Sabbir et el).

I expect an emphatic win against Afg -even in a T20. I think you will agree that if BD and Afg played 20 ODIs -BD would be expected to win 19 of those. But, this might not be the case in 8-10 years time as you guys are making spectacular progress. I wish Afghanistan a memorable tournament (except the game against us, of course).
Old March 6, 2014, 05:12 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Mandela bhai (muslim muslim bhai bhai...yay),

Let me tell you we just had a rotten rotten month or two. And, to be honest, had we played Tahiti we still would have found a way to lose a game. Glad that we have got it out of our system. A few days break...a lot of soul searching...and we will have a re-energized and rejuvenated Bangladesh back- inshaallah. And, hopefully with all the top players back into the squad (Tamim, Mashrafe, Sabbir et el).

I expect an emphatic win against Afg -even in a T20. I think you will agree that if BD and Afg played 20 ODIs -BD would be expected to win 19 of those. But, this might not be the case in 8-10 years time as you guys are making spectacular progress. I wish Afghanistan a memorable tournament (except the game against us, of course).
Hehe

When BD had Afghanistan at 90/5 and we had lost all our best batsmen Afghans were saying bad things and had lost hope in their team.

I told them at least have hope in Bangladesh. I told them their players are arrogant and easily get's complacent! And that what happened. At 90/5 BD players though they had already won and let us build easily and steadily. Hahaha no Bangladesh might lead 5-0 and then get complacent and lose the next 5. Your players don't have the professional mentality of Australia.

We will see what happens. We miss Hamid Hassan who has probably and sadly ended his career because his knee injury is back unfortunately, but I won't use that as an excuse if we lose.
Old March 6, 2014, 10:18 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandela
We will see what happens. We miss Hamid Hassan who has probably and sadly ended his career because his knee injury is back unfortunately, but I won't use that as an excuse if we lose.
we know how you feel..our Best and so far Only fast bowler's career got destroyed by knee injury
Old March 7, 2014, 03:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Very possible we will lose to the Afghan. It might be the first time ever in the world sporting history that the host does not qualify for the final tournament.We cannot play under pressure and crumble.
Old March 7, 2014, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I think we will win the match easily. No reason we should lose this match unless the entire squad collectively decides to have an off day. Too much fire power in our batting line up to lose to Afghans again!
Old March 7, 2014, 11:54 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Tamim and Shakib will be playing this match unless Shak decides to grab something else.. These 2 will give us an added advantage. It wont be that easy for Afgans this time..
Old March 7, 2014, 12:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Afgans have spirit which we are missing. With that kind of spirit we won against pak wc finalist in 1999 without any good players so you can easily think what kind of chance they have. BD players need to come out thinking yes we can lose this game we don't play better. specially in T20 its 50/50 anyway. And i have a feeling that our media will add more pressure and our players will feel that. Only thing will go for us if Mash plays. he is a great motivator and he can turn this around for us.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 8, 2014, 11:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I bought all tbd matches tickets of mirpur dont wanna seen afganistan vs westindies afg vs india afg vs pak it will really be the darkest time of our history.. this is knockout !
Old March 8, 2014, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

It all depends on the captaincy, with Afghanistan reeling at 90/5 we should have gone for the kill, instead we went for the waiting game and eventually cost us the match.. If Mushy goes on with his memorized script then we are all set for yet another "upset"..
Old March 8, 2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Let me tell you we just had a rotten rotten month or two. And, to be honest, had we played Tahiti we still would have found a way to lose a game. .
I thought the Afghans fought very well and won the match being the better side on the given day.
Old March 8, 2014, 02:24 PM

We are going to win the match:

> Full-strength team
> Have a lot of match practice
> We now know what to expect from the Afghans
Old March 8, 2014, 06:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Prepare a rank turner to secure a definite victory.