facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 15, 2003, 08:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default BDA VS DHA.

BDA: 300/4 after Day 1

Shahriar Hossain Bidyut :- 176*.
Md Ashraful :- 45
Rajin Saleh :- 11
Ehsanul Haque Sejan :- 16
Mushfiq :- 3*.
Hannan Sarker : 0.

Old December 15, 2003, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

I was really happy to find that BD A ended the first day at 300 for 4. However, it was dampened slightly to see that the score was due largely to the efforts of one person. Well done Bidyut (if he keeps this up, a Test recall is very likely), but its about time every member of the team starts to pull their weight. We are going to need it when we play tougher opponents in the coming matches.
Old December 15, 2003, 09:24 AM
Banned

well this is against the weakest team in the group who dont have a single recognised player.

by the way fidel edwards just clocked 157.4kph (97.7mph) against SA.
Old December 15, 2003, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Yes, you have told us that,

but the point is, right now, this is the team we are playing and we have to take every opponent equally seriously. It doesn't matter whether this is the strongest or the weakest team, our only goal is to play well and win. Like Tehsin bhai said in another thread, there may be stronger teams to come, but we aren't playing them right now. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Right now, we have to concentrate on the game at hand and not bother about exactly where the opposition is placed in the league tables.
Old December 15, 2003, 10:12 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

My point exactly - because DHA is the weakest team in the tournament, so our player or players should do their best as well as the team should do their best in this first match.

Its all about gaining confidence - and if gaining this confidence comes from - after playing against the weakest team of the tournament, then so be it.
Old December 15, 2003, 11:32 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Do you guys think that Bidyut have succeeded in exorcising his ghosts ? (whatever it was)

To think, this guy was about to retire from international (I think domestic too) cricket only a couple years back.
Old December 15, 2003, 12:29 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I think Bidyut announced his retirement (or said that he would retire from International cricket if he is not chosen for the national team for the last Pak tour or in the future tour) - kinda like threaten to retire.

I guess then the selectors or somebody at the BCB told him that his physical fitness is one main reason to not to include him in the national side.
Old December 15, 2003, 12:32 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Let me tell you all, it is not easy to score 176 against a first class team. Weak, sure, but how come Rajin and Hannan couldn't do it?

Look at Australia against Bangladesh, the weakest off all. How come Hayden made world record against Zimbabue, but not Bangladesh? Because, it is never easy.

Shahriar deserves credit. Well done. Now show us consistency.
Old December 15, 2003, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Well said!

Weakest side or not, Bidyut deserves credit for his performance. Now, he has to go and score the double tomorrow and get us to a 400+ score. And of course, he has to show consistency. Basically, there are just two more games after this that he needs to perform well in and if he can do that, I am pretty sure he will be taken out of this squad and will join training with the national squad ahead of Namibia.
Old December 15, 2003, 03:26 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Good show bidyut. I hope he continues his form. Hopefully he won't be like Rokon who made 180 something against Namibia before WC and we then nothing for rest of his life.