facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 22, 2010, 11:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
BDFlag Their test status?

i saw in yesterday's newspaper of the stabroek news in guyana,was a cartoon depicting the west indies going down a ladder with their heads down,on the top of the ladder was a WORLD DOMINATION statement,on the ground was batsman holding a bat with bangladesh marked on his clothes,asking the west indian quote 'are you done yet?'
i think we in the caribbean have noticed that bangladesh is improving while the west indies are declining,i'm always convincing my brothers to back bangladesh,and when they heard about riyad and shakib making hundreds in the last match,they are looking at bangladesh in a different way,so i'm asking everyone in this forum ,what do you think about our(tigers) chances of surpassing the west indies?
hit this thread with your views about the cartoon,sorry that i could not get it in the internet tigers the best

Old February 22, 2010, 11:48 AM
Cricket Savant

please don't criticise me,instead you can do it to west indies or the tigers
Old February 22, 2010, 11:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

please try somehow to post it here brother
or give a link to what site it can be viewed on
would really like to see it..looks interesting
Old February 22, 2010, 11:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I wish the West Indies Cricket all the best, always!

But aklemalp bhai (bro), you are soemone very special for Bangladesh cricket and the Tigers to say the least! There was a time I took you as a kid who I though was here for a few days and I thought you would disappear in the air after a few weeks, but bro you proved me wrong! Your faith and love for the Tigers are genuine and strong!!! BC and BD cricket, we all here are very fortunate to have a dear loving, caring, supporting brother of Bangladesh cricket among us!

God bless you dear aklemalp bro! May the Al-mighty bless Bangladesh cricket and the Tigers!

P.S. aklemalp brother, if you can post the link or the cartoon from the newspaper, people will enjoy it, thank you kindly.
Old February 22, 2010, 11:52 AM
Banned

the way I see it, cricket in the West Indies will never go back to what it was...simple, too many other sports for the youth of the Caribbean to get interested in...track n Field, basketball, football etc etc.

But if it wasnt for such poor mismanagement, with the natural talent the WIs have, you lot could have been a decent team long term...nor world beaters, but definitely not in the same category as Bangladesh.

As for Bangladesh, its quite natural that we will in time overtake the WIs, while its not our national game...in the present climate, its not far off it...we are slowly getting our back end right(infrastructure, academy, youth teams, training, coaching), n we have supportive sponsors, there is money in the game...so it all makes sense that things look relatively rosy for us compared to the WI
Old February 22, 2010, 11:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I wish the West Indies Cricket all the best, always!

But aklemalp bhai (bro), you are soemone very special for Bangladesh cricket and the Tigers to say the least! There was a time I took you as a kid who I though was here for a few days and I thought you would disappear in the air after a few weeks, but bro you proved me wrong! Your faith and love for the Tigers are genuine and strong!!! BC and BD cricket, we all here are very fortunate to have a dear loving, caring, supporting brother of Bangladesh cricket among us!

God bless you dear aklemalp bro! May the Al-mighty bless Bangladesh cricket and the Tigers!

P.S. aklemalp brother, if you can post the link or the cartoon from the newspaper, people will enjoy it, thank you kindly.
thank you man ,i look up to you as a big brother ,btw thanx i'll somehow see to get it on this site
Old February 22, 2010, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
i saw in yesterday's newspaper of the stabroek news in guyana,was a cartoon depicting the west indies going down a ladder with their heads down,on the top of the ladder was a WORLD DOMINATION statement,on the ground was batsman holding a bat with bangladesh marked on his clothes,asking the west indian quote 'are you done yet?'
i think we in the caribbean have noticed that bangladesh is improving while the west indies are declining,i'm always convincing my brothers to back bangladesh,and when they heard about riyad and shakib making hundreds in the last match,they are looking at bangladesh in a different way,so i'm asking everyone in this forum ,what do you think about our(tigers) chances of surpassing the west indies?
hit this thread with your views about the cartoon,sorry that i could not get it in the internet tigers the best
Gotta say i am pretty surprised at a cartoon making fun of BD in the newspaper..when I was in Antigua..which by the way is a part of the West Indies, one of the local cab driver asked my family and i where we were from and when we told them we are bangladeshi him and another cab driver automatically said that oo yes we know Bangladesh, you guys came not 2 along ago and beat us!! That made me feel good, and later on the cab driver and my dad and I were talkin about cricket and he was talkin about how he didn't really care that their weaker team played us..he still gave us full credit 2 our wins..he also stated that he wants a non white country 2 be #1..and said that he would love 2 see West Indies and even Bangladesh in the future fighting 4 the #1 spot..

I was always very confused about why West Indies cricket has declined so much..I thought maybe they just don't play the sport much anymore..but wen i went 2 barbados, st. lucia and antigua, i saw many cricket fields and even kids playing on the street..we saw where gary sobers grew up in barbados and where sir viv richards and curtly ambrose grew up in antigua..they even have a street called sir viv richards st. so my dad asked the cab driver why West Indies is struggling so much..because when he was a kid they were #1 in the world and just dominated..also that everyone in bangladesh and the world luvz West Indies cricket so much..and the cab driver stated that the selectors are not looking at these small islands such as st vincent, and antigua, and st lucia but rather big islands like jamaica, and barbados, i don't know if this is the main reason but i do know that this is definitely a big issue..if you look at our team we have a very diverse team..some players from khulna, dhaka, chittagong, rajshahi, bogra and tangail regions..we need to continue to find players all over the country and not just from big cities..a lot of these good players come from small towns and even villages..so for us to grow as a cricket nation we need to continue to have school and academy cricket in every part of the country in order to nourish the future players..i think if we continue to look for payers like this then we will be looking in to the direction 4 our cricket future..
Old February 22, 2010, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I was always a die hard WI cricket fan. Now a sold fan to the Tigers...what ever they do I'm always with them. But still I feel pain for WI cricket.

I hope they will get well soon.
Old February 22, 2010, 12:12 PM
Cricket Savant

http://www.stabroeknews.com/images/2...221cartoon.jpg
my friends this is the link to the picture ,see it and let's see how the bangladesh's public thinks about it
Old February 22, 2010, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
http://www.stabroeknews.com/images/2...221cartoon.jpg
my friends this is the link to the picture ,see it and let's see how the bangladesh's public thinks about it
just as I thought...this cartoon portrays Bangladesh in a positive light...because as can be seen...WI are heading downwards, and the Bangladeshi player is waiting to CLIMB the ladder...

Sure in one sense you could look at it negatively, because the paper saw fit to compare the WI with Bangladesh in a negative manner, but i choose to look at it positively...its showing we are on the way up, and the WI on the way down.
Old February 22, 2010, 12:18 PM
Cricket Savant

come on have not anyone seen this picture yet ,and where's the comments?
Old February 22, 2010, 12:20 PM
Cricket Savant

i have lost faith in the west indians
Old February 22, 2010, 12:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
come on have not anyone seen this picture yet ,and where's the comments?
We know the status of WI cricket. Most of us are die-hard WI fan. Be it for Lara or Viv or from world domination time. Sad-somber, hoping for a revival (miracle).

The way Gayle acts is just painful. Big mouthing of 4-1. End result 0-4.

The Cartoon says the truth.
Old February 22, 2010, 12:26 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
please don't criticise me,instead you can do it to west indies or the tigers
Why the earth came the word "criticize"? It was interesting.......big hug bro...
Old February 22, 2010, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Good one.
Old February 22, 2010, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

Quote:
tigers the best
tigers the best
tigers the best
Old February 22, 2010, 12:31 PM
Cricket Savant

when i saw it for the first time i was surprise because as i have known guyanese since i was small,they were die hard west indies fans,so this picture in the daily news was bound to happened ,but not so early
Old February 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
Cricket Savant

the guy who did the drawing is a pro,he looks at situations every where and tries to represent it on pictures,well a picture tell a milliion words
Old February 22, 2010, 12:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Thanks Aklemalp.
Funny cartoon.
This is probably the first instance where we are shown in a positive note.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 22, 2010, 12:53 PM
Cricket Savant

well i guess this is one for the day
Old February 22, 2010, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I see WI becoming more and more focused on T20 as time goes on with a potential split in the board to seperate island nations.

As far is Tests go, its all dependant on what ICC decides to do post 2012.
Old February 22, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the news
i am definitely bemused!
Old February 22, 2010, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

amazing!!
Old February 22, 2010, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Thumbs up this is a masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu

Not often we come across positive things about Bangladesh Cricket.
this is a genuine masterpiece for die-hard bd fans
Old February 22, 2010, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Insha-Allah! this england series will be a big jump towards the top for us!