facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 5, 2009, 09:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ME
Default New (draft) music video from asian uk hip hop/rnb group sensation "Doe G music"

Hey everyone hip hop Doe G music have got a new music video on the youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/DoeGRecords

note : its called "ethnic police" but DOES NOT promote the whole "gangster" trend. The song is supposed to represent negative and ignorance/racist behavior to ethnic minorities from society, and uses the police as an example.

please go and check that out. and please keep bad thoughts and language to yourself, but we accept criticism

enjoy!

also check out the myspace www.myspace.com/doegrecords

Last edited by nizzle; August 5, 2009 at 05:48 PM..

Old August 5, 2009, 04:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Rkdpp
Old August 5, 2009, 04:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Not bad... I watched upto 1:23 of it then lost interest. Hopefully in future will be able to beat this time.

Work more on the originality, personal trademark and style, content, theme, vocabulary....but all in all, the vibe is there.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 5, 2009, 05:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzle

please go and check that out. and please keep bad thoughts and language to yourself, but we accept criticism
I saw one video for 30 secs and I thought it was bad. I have nothing against hip-hop but when a bunch a guys are pretending to be from the hood when they are obviously not, its just wrong.

Get some originality. If the point is to send a message to the society about minority issue, it can be done without having to pretend to belong to a stereotype.
Old August 5, 2009, 05:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
I saw one video for 30 secs and I thought it was bad. I have nothing against hip-hop but when a bunch a guys are pretending to be from the hood when they are obviously not, its just wrong.

Get some originality. If the point is to send a message to the society about minority issue, it can be done without having to pretend to belong to a stereotype.
"its called "ethnic police" but DOES NOT promote the whole "gangster" trend"
Old August 5, 2009, 06:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
"its called "ethnic police" but DOES NOT promote the whole "gangster" trend"
Hood: Relating to inner-city everyday life, both positive and negative aspects; especially people’s attachment to and love for their neighborhoods.

"hood" is not "gangsta".
Old August 6, 2009, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Used to be in to this sort of music when I was 14-15 but now its just all the same..
What I dont get, they always make these type of music videos highlighting street crime, discrimination etc whats the big deal??

Majority of these artists are all GCSE failures with no aim in life..
Old August 6, 2009, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
How do you define "aim in life"?
Old August 6, 2009, 10:03 AM
Club Cricketer

these home made music videos are jokes! especially the one, 'Everywhere we go go police' lool.
Old August 6, 2009, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

make more money! /s
Old August 6, 2009, 10:13 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Well you have to try to be a successful or a notable person or be recognized for great achievements for your work, other than creating these amateur-type music that will lead to nothing but shame really, thats my opinion.
Old August 6, 2009, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamir
Well you have to try to be a successful or a notable person or be recognized for great achievements for your work, other than creating these amateur-type music that will lead to nothing but shame really, thats my opinion.
So failing the GCE's => the person has no aim in life?
Old August 6, 2009, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
make more money! /s
Heh, I somehow saw that one coming.
Old August 6, 2009, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Having an aim in life is fulfilling ones true potential to the fullest and taking every opportunity that is offer to you to better yourself to in turn contribute in a productive manner back to society.
Old August 6, 2009, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So failing the GCE's => the person has no aim in life?
Its GCSE's, equivalent to O-levels in Bangladesh
Old August 6, 2009, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Having an aim in life is fulfilling ones true potential to the fullest and taking every opportunity that is offer to you to better yourself to in turn contribute in a productive manner back to society.
So because they failed the GCSEs, they can't contribute to societal development?

Btw, GCE/GCSE - big difference.
Old August 6, 2009, 02:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i love Asif bhai's favorite players..."chatter box" "ice man"...

by the looks of last T20, during the summer ice man starting to melt...
Old August 6, 2009, 03:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Used to be in to this sort of music when I was 14-15 but now its just all the same..
What I dont get, they always make these type of music videos highlighting street crime, discrimination etc whats the big deal??

this hurt!!, i'm no gcse failure, creating assumptions and stereotypes like that is uncalled for, if I don't get into the music industry I'm aspiring to be dentist, music has been a growing passion for us we do all types of music mainly rnb/hip hop and we are trying to achieve to the best of our ability. If you do't have anything positive to say well don't say it at all. Just saying bad thing about other people hard work is harsh. All our music is not all about ethnic police as I said we're quite diverse with what we do check out the myspace

www.myspace.com/doegrecords

we made 1 life which is about the war in Iraq
Last of a dieing breed to explain the passion we have to exceed
and again ethnic police to portray racism problems in society

think twice when you try to mock other peoples hard work
Old August 6, 2009, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
this hurt!!, i'm no gcse failure, creating assumptions and stereotypes like that is uncalled for, if I don't get into the music industry I'm aspiring to be dentist, music has been a growing passion for us we do all types of music mainly rnb/hip hop and we are trying to achieve to the best of our ability. If you do't have anything positive to say well don't say it at all. Just saying bad thing about other people hard work is harsh. All our music is not all about ethnic police as I said we're quite diverse with what we do check out the myspace

www.myspace.com/doegrecords

we made 1 life which is about the war in Iraq
Last of a dieing breed to explain the passion we have to exceed
and again ethnic police to portray racism problems in society

think twice when you try to mock other peoples hard work
I am deeply sorry for creating offense to you as on reflection, my views on paper appear overly harsh indeed. Please note however, it wasn't a direct attack and made the comment on general grounds based on the artists I have come to know in my life of whom produce music similar to you and your friends. It is my mistake for falling into the trap of being stereotypical in other words and my comments were based on the notion (which I didn't make clear) that this form of music is not popular in the mainstream industry where the artists would even benefit from basic living incomes as opposed to the 'popular' culture.

The effort you put in for your music is highly admirable and to fit it around your Dentistry aspirations is very impressive and I was earlier hinting at such artists have nothing better to do and have all the time in the world to focus on this urban theme which is weak on the market but I should not have prejudged you and wish you well for your studies and music and that what ever you choose, bodes well for your future.
Old August 6, 2009, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So because they failed the GCSEs, they can't contribute to societal development?

Btw, GCE/GCSE - big difference.
Yes, there is a big difference between GCE and GCSE.

Well in the UK, disregarding status, it is essential for one to achieve such credentials to even stand a chance within the working domain, it is appreciably looked upon and now the government is emphasizing the importance for A-level (GCE) education and further more entry into University to allow a greater chance especially in these tough times.

Some may argue, its statistical but the increase in professional workers and laborers is only good for the economy by reducing the needs of foreign workers and such qualifications (GCSE) are determinant to what job structure one may fit into and nowadays without these basic qualifications, you are bound to struggle and some resort to cosmetic lifestyle while others claim a wonderful thing called benefits.
Old August 7, 2009, 06:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I am deeply sorry for creating offense to you as on reflection, my views on paper appear overly harsh indeed. Please note however, it wasn't a direct attack and made the comment on general grounds based on the artists I have come to know in my life of whom produce music similar to you and your friends. It is my mistake for falling into the trap of being stereotypical in other words and my comments were based on the notion (which I didn't make clear) that this form of music is not popular in the mainstream industry where the artists would even benefit from basic living incomes as opposed to the 'popular' culture.

The effort you put in for your music is highly admirable and to fit it around your Dentistry aspirations is very impressive and I was earlier hinting at such artists have nothing better to do and have all the time in the world to focus on this urban theme which is weak on the market but I should not have prejudged you and wish you well for your studies and music and that what ever you choose, bodes well for your future.

thanks for that bro, same to you, we do actually make more mainstream music, this song however was a hit with the fans come and check the myspace www.myspace.com/doegrecords

there are a lot of mainstream type songs on there and videos for them will be done soon, when they are i'll post them
Old August 7, 2009, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Compared to other amatuer rap videos I have seen by Bengali teens, this is probably one of the better ones, since you don't actually go with the "gangster" thing. Or try to act cooler than you actually are, by pimping your self in useless accessories or bring a gun (it was obviously a toy one) into the video.

Video is ok, gets boring though. As for song, I'm not really into rap that much anymore, but at least you have a message, instead of talking about the "hood". Though the song's style and flow doesn't fell right.

Of course the other ones I've seen are so bad, my teacher saw them and started making fun of them in class :P
Old August 7, 2009, 04:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Compared to other amatuer rap videos I have seen by Bengali teens, this is probably one of the better ones, since you don't actually go with the "gangster" thing. Or try to act cooler than you actually are, by pimping your self in useless accessories or bring a gun (it was obviously a toy one) into the video.

Video is ok, gets boring though. As for song, I'm not really into rap that much anymore, but at least you have a message, instead of talking about the "hood". Though the song's style and flow doesn't fell right.

Of course the other ones I've seen are so bad, my teacher saw them and started making fun of them in class :P
thnaks man and also thanks for the feedback everyone, hopefully we will be able to address negative feedback, when the next video is made I will let everyone know. You will see improvement. The next video is for 1 life so go check that out on our official myspace