facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 8, 2005, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Default how good is australia

now australia is so ahead in rankings, that it would take a miracle to get them down to number 2 even in next year. but my question is how good they truly are?

in this ODI tournament, 2 games against Bd were closely fought. the 3rd one Bd completely wasted the chance to post 250 and thus became one sided. but in the 3 outings against england, england won them all convincingly.australian talisman seem to be symonds and lee. without them they lack the killer punch. but england have atleast 4 who can take the match away. i think england is probably a better ODI team than aus right now. what is your opinion?

Old July 14, 2005, 12:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
but england have atleast 4 who can take the match away. i think england is probably a better ODI team than aus right now. what is your opinion?
my opinion is that you are wrong....
even if england has 4, they didnt do anything in the last 2 games did they? harmisson got hammered, trescothick scored a . and michael vaughan didnt look very comfortable either....i dont know who is your fourth one...

we too have 4 who have taken the match to victory (aftab, habibul, ashraful, enamul jr) but are we the best team...??

australia is the best team coz they utilise everysingle player....today its bret lee, tommorrow its gilchrist, the next day its machrath or ponting or symonds......who knows?

their consistency and experience is sth that makes aussies number 1 in cricket, sth we should learn from them

btw, i am guessing you havent seen the last game, coz if you did, they got smashed all over the stadium....they are no way near the aussies....

Edited on, July 14, 2005, 5:05 AM GMT, by tiger_man.