facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 30, 2006, 06:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
So you mean that "you underestimated him". He didn't necessarily overachieve.
No ..not yet.... only when he continue to over-achieve in a consistent basis only then I need to re-asses if I underestimated him or not.

Old November 30, 2006, 06:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

thanks shewar for the story.
Old November 30, 2006, 07:29 PM
BC Editorial Team

Shewar, would love to use your anecdote as a "trip down memory" lane kinda item but need it to be fleshed out a bit and perhaps broken down into actual sentences PM me if you like - I miss the duitumidui
Old November 30, 2006, 07:50 PM
Test Cricketer

shahriar is the best hope we got. He is a good news for us.
Old December 1, 2006, 05:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Shahreer Nafees is the most consistent batsman of our bdteam and he is the most educated person,i think
Old December 1, 2006, 06:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Well...I wish I knew He was going to be this big a star...Probably wud have taken zillions of photos with him and wud have written down his every single move!...lolz...Anyways..It was back in 96-97 when we were in the 6th or 7th grade...Abir(SN's nickname) was a student of Shaheen School and I was going to Adamjee Cantt...Both our dads were in the Army...We had this playground in Kochukhet Cantonment Area where we used to play every afternoon...Apart from that...SN also used to go to this Cricket Coaching place....dont quite remember which one...He really did have exceptional talent...All we kids used to fear the 'Big Bhaiyas' who were going to college and their ball speeds wud seem like Waqar Younis to us....But SN used to hit them for sixes with effortless ease...Ofcourse it was Tape-Tennis cricket but at times we wud also play with the real cricket ball which we used to call 'Kather Ball' or 'Duece Ball'....dont really know why we called the ball that...Anywayz...SN used to bowl offspin with a very dodgy action...I remember he always used to get called for throwing...and to be really honest..His action really did seem like he was throwing the ball....However his younger brother who was very very young then and who also used to play with us and go cricket coaching with him used to bowl these amazing googlies....I wonder how he is doing now....Im sure he wud be equally good...SN was known as Jayasuria among us.....Infact my mom never really knew his name!...So when he did score that hundred for U-19 against India....I had to tell my mom...'Mom! remember that Jayasuriya kid?..He made it into the under-19s!..if only u had let me continue cricket....'..lolz...SN really was a hard hitter back in those days...So I was surprised to see him grafting a lot initially...even now....Its amazing how he has matured as a cricketer....As far as the personality goes.....He was just another kid back then...a well liked kid....Thats as much as I can remember...Oh one particular incident....You know how Captains get to decide who gets to bat next?..So there was this crunch match going on and SN was already out...One of our guys got out and the next guy was about to go in when SN got into the act...He insisted that I(shehwar) go into bat next and he convinced that guy who was gonna go into bat...I remember his exact words...He had said..'Ami khub bhalo moto jani sha kemon khele, Trust me!'....So here I was feeling really good about myself with the knowledge that the hottest player in our neighbourhood has so much respect in my abilities...So in I walked!...and guess what....Yup...I was out first ball..!....It was the lowest point of my cricketing life..!..lolz....and the funny part is...I wasnt even that bad a batter....But I felt so bad to let him down like that......Anywayz....enough about me...Thats pretty much it....Then my dad got posted to Comilla Cantonment in 98 and so I went to rock the Ispahani Public School & College with my talents!..lol.....Last time I met SN was probably early last year, right before our U-19 tour to England...I wished him all the luck that he so richly deserved..Thats pretty much it.....Gosh...Those were the days...Welldone Shahriar Nafees...Go make Bangladesh proud..We are right behind you...I hope I didnt bore those of you who read it......Cheers...
shwwar vai, onek valo laglo apnar likha pore.
tnx for sharing with us..
Old December 1, 2006, 11:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Congratulation to SN. We should not hype up his effort too much like Ash. He is yet to play a big innings against other stronger team in ODI. Media hype is a counter productive to any emerging player. Hopefully he doesn't get pumped up with his record.May Allah continue to bless him with many more century, ameen.
Old December 1, 2006, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Thanks a lot everyone..Im so glad you ppl liked it...Really means a lot to me....I really did go back to those old days while writing it...Thanks again..
Old December 2, 2006, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Shewar, would love to use your anecdote as a "trip down memory" lane kinda item but need it to be fleshed out a bit and perhaps broken down into actual sentences PM me if you like - I miss the duitumidui
There is a certain net language taking over the world by storm. If you try to civilize(!) it, the piece loses its human touch and realism. Its perfect the way it is.
Old December 2, 2006, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

whats his av against the real teams which is anyone except against zim and kenya? he can make centuries after centuries against zim, but does he even get any attention of the cricket world?
Old December 2, 2006, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
whats his av against the real teams which is anyone except against zim and kenya? he can make centuries after centuries against zim, but does he even get any attention of the cricket world?
Don't forget that he has a test century against the aussies, that is also not enough for you
Old December 2, 2006, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:

well, show me one more player in the team who ever made three back-to-back centuries against any odi side, let alone zimbabwe.
Old December 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

SN needs to score 139 more runs in the next five ODIs (including two against Scotland) to score 1000 runs this calender year.
Old December 3, 2006, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
whats his av against the real teams which is anyone except against zim and kenya?
Batting averages of some BD players excluding matches against Zim and associate countries-

Shahriar- 22.87
Alok- 20.97
Golla- 20.26
Aftab- 19.95
Ashraful- 19.42
Rajin- 19.36
Bashar- 17.92

SN is still better than any other BD batsmen (remind you he has a Test average of 33.5). I Interestingly, Alok is the second in the list here.

Last edited by TheWatcher; December 3, 2006 at 04:44 PM..
Old December 4, 2006, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
SN is still better than any other BD batsmen (remind you he has a Test average of 33.5). I Interestingly, Alok is the second in the list here.
He also played less matches against big teams. This year he hasn't scored a single 50 from 8 ODIs against big teams.
Old December 4, 2006, 02:23 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
There is a certain net language taking over the world by storm. If you try to civilize(!) it, the piece loses its human touch and realism. Its perfect the way it is.
I think RazabQ was looking for a front-page article.
Old December 4, 2006, 07:07 AM
Cricket Legend

SN is now the top ranking BD player (#40) with 575 rating points. Aftab is second best (#46) with 541 rating points.
Next are Ash #67 with 461, KM #69 with 460, HB #71 with 451, Rajin #78 with 408, JO #89 with 379, Kapali #96 with 360 and Farhad Reza #98 with 358 rating points.
Old December 15, 2006, 01:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

congrats to SN in reaching 1000 runs in ODI in a calender year
Old December 15, 2006, 02:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifa
thanks a lot Shehwar, for sharing all these with us......I felt a bit sorry though when I read you all were at 6th/7th grade back in 1997...I got out from BUET in '96 ......sigh,sigh.....buira hoia gelam
No prob bro old is GOLD , r majhe majhe nijeke boro mone korte moja lage .

Carry on SN