facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2010, 09:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

shewag came from street, what we can expect better?..

Old January 21, 2010, 09:13 AM
Test Cricketer

not only that he is arrogant and classless with his comments; he is also an egg-head by the looks of things........now numerically bd didnt take 20 wickets....but thats only numerically.....cricketing wise the bowling attack was more than decent in this test match; obviously that is the iimplicit meaning of saying that a side can take 20 wickets
Old January 21, 2010, 09:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Bangladesh journalists and we should leave out what Beeru and other Indian players say. Ask them not many questions and do not even broach up the issue of ordinary and 20 wickets. It is becoming tita. Time to suck all these instead of making noise and let our top order perform.
Spoke like a real BD tiger
Old January 21, 2010, 09:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
because that was in uncivilised manner.
Wake up. That is called sledging. If we were playing against Aussies/England, you would've seen more of this.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yorker
Sehwag may be a very good player. but he talks as ugly as he looks!
lol...
yhh count me on the hating list to
Old January 21, 2010, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

It is one thing to tell the truth, and it is completely something else to have class and respect the opposition. Sometimes, you need to be diplomatic and not disrespect the opposition. Obviously, Shewag is too arrogant to learn from his mistake. I was going to give him a little bit of pass the first time since everyone can make a mistake and things can get slipped out but once he does the same thing again, it truely shows who he is. Indian fans can say whatever they want to cover it up but the truth remains the same. You come to another country to play a test match. You should have enough decency not to disrespect their cricket.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

This is big leagues. Suck it up. We don't have to go low as Shewag and belittle him. He says what he says and shows his class. We say what we say to show our class. We are much more gracious hosts. Act like that.

We fans are too immature.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Don't you guys think all this sledging is making us more competitive? Did you see the reaction Shahadat showed when he took Kartick's wicket? How fired up he was? That is what is needed. All this only helps us.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

we think Newzealand will say shewag a very ordinary player.....

Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR
in New Zealand 2002-2009 5 9 0 180 48 20.00 185 97.29
Old January 21, 2010, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Send all BD members/ cricket team members/ BD press to Australia to teach them how to deal with stupid captains and use Media to our strength. Everytime a country visits Aus, regardless of their strength, the media rap*s them
Old January 21, 2010, 09:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

the fact of the matter remains is that our batsmen give people liek Sehwag the opportunity to talk sh*t. had they batted out the day and not been able to take BD wickets then we cud have come back and thrown it in his face
Old January 21, 2010, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

and India still doesn't have a fast bowler...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 21, 2010, 10:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
and India still doesn't have a fast bowler...
Thats the point. Why are we not able to handle such stupid Indian bowling?
Old January 21, 2010, 10:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhon
Thats the point. Why are we not able to handle such stupid Indian bowling?
Er, we still don't have proper batsmen?
Old January 21, 2010, 10:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhon
Don't you guys think all this sledging is making us more competitive? Did you see the reaction Shahadat showed when he took Kartick's wicket? How fired up he was? That is what is needed. All this only helps us.
Why are you angry (1st post)? This is good for our second test, don't you think?

I think you need to edit the 1st post and change the angry signs to smiles. You open the thread you dictate the tone.

Another big "THANK YOU" (instead of bad mouthing) to Shewag to bring the best out of our bowlers. Not very often India scores below 245 in first innings.

For the last 4+ years India posted lower than this total just once. That is in Ahmedabad when they collapsed to 76 allout in 20 overs against Steyn, Morkel and Ntini. Yup our ordinary bowling performed better than so many other great bowling lineups because of Shewag's comment (mind you on a batting pitch). I think BCB needs to send gifts to Shewag.
Old January 21, 2010, 10:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Why are you angry (1st post)? This is good for our second test, don't you think?

I think you need to edit the 1st post and change the angry signs to smiles. You open the thread you dictate the tone.

Another big "THANK YOU" (instead of bad mouthing) to Shewag to bring the best out of our bowlers. Not very often India scores below 245 in first innings.

For the last 4+ years India posted lower than this total just once. That is in Ahmedabad when they collapsed to 76 allout in 20 overs against Steyn, Morkel and Ntini. Yup our ordinary bowling performed better than so many other great bowling lineups because of Shewag's comment (mind you on a batting pitch). I think BCB needs to send gifts to Shewag.

I know I used wrong signs... I was just pissed at or bowler than Sehwag for allowing him to say something like this.
Old January 21, 2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

At the beginning I was about to give Sehwag the benefit of doubt when my Indian friends said that Sehwag was a guileless fella when it comes to talking in front of the media and so I assumed he spoke his mind and blurted that we were ordinary and can’t take 20 wickets. However, over the course of last five days, Sehwag just proved that him being guileless was a wrong explanation though his attitude (disrespecting Shaki’s spin) and the following comments:

Quote:
Asked whether he felt Bangladesh could now take 20 Indian wickets, Sehwag's answer came pat: "No. They can't. They still didn't get 20 wickets."
Quote:
They bowled well in the first innings because the conditions helped them.
Quote:
We have to play good cricket and if we do that, we can easily win the next match.
I have absolutely no problem with what Sehwag said about my team. My Indian friends, yes we in the core of our heart know zillion times better than you about the team we have got and the capability of our team. But what you guys will never know is what it takes to follow a team in its infantile stage. And also there is a difference between the infantile stage of Bangladesh and that of SL. SL were light years ahead of us. Yet knowing the every possible fact, we love to dream big, we dare to imagine the unimaginable. When the passion is such extreme, it is expected that some will take offense with what Sehwag has said. What he said is not untrue. But it takes some guts to utter those truths in the face of fans, who probably are the most passionate fans God have ever created. At the moment, even our players understand that time is running out and they need to win. They are trying their best but are failing. Yesterday, Tamim and Ash said that they would have to bat out the first session but they have failed. 10 years have passed, and I understand that the world cricket community has the right to show exasperation at our pace of improvement. Such exasperation, which ultimately breeds comments like Sehwag made are not undeserved but unfortunately it hurts every Bangladeshi except the brainless and vision-less BCB goons. Still no step to decentralize the cricket and strengthen the first class infrastructure….so yeah as long as we do nothing to improve the first class cricket, we either live with comments of Sehwag or stop playing cricket all together if we can’t take that at all.

Sorry for my random rambling.
Old January 21, 2010, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
You guys really need to be less sensitive. On the other hand Mushfiqur is complaining that the Indians sledged him calling him a school boy. He should be able to suck that up. What will he do when the plays against the Aussies? They will rip him apart. Learn to ignore, boys.
Mushy didn't compain. He just said that Ind players had done that and he had enjoyed that equally.
Old January 21, 2010, 10:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Mushy didn't compain. He just said that Ind players had done that and he had enjoyed that equally.

See..this is how sledging need to be handled.
Old January 21, 2010, 10:41 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Really? Could you provide me with some stats please?
Old January 21, 2010, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Sehwag is doing the right thing for his team. A big salute to him.
Our acts are childish. If we could have saved the test, Sehwag's own words were going to hurt him the most, because in that case India would have failed to take our 20 wickets. We let ourselves down and Sehwag could trigger that.

So, Sehwag 1 - Bangladesh 0.
Old January 21, 2010, 11:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Anger means nothing if you are not able to respond to it in a proper way.
Old January 21, 2010, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
No thats the new Indian way of marketing huh? Insulting the other team. Good job.
I'm not saying he did it on purpose but it has injected much needed interest in the series. BD's first day performance too, has done nothing to reduce that.

as I said earlier, BCB must be VERY grateful to sehwag !
Old January 21, 2010, 11:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
I'm not saying he did it on purpose but it has injected much needed interest in the series. BD's first day performance too, has done nothing to reduce that.

as I said earlier, BCB must be VERY grateful to sehwag !
Old January 21, 2010, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Before the fall comes the pride. And ditto for arrogance.

However, in case of Sehwag, i can't even say that either of his statement were borne out of pride or arrogance or disrespect. He says what he says and what he believes and it takes someone who has followed him and his comments over the years to understand that what he says should not be sliced and diced and applied the logic of interpretation that one would to a fine-tuned media-spokesperson.

Having followed Bangla fans over the years, it is not difficult to understand their hurt either. This whole "ordinary" and "20 wicket" business has started to suck.