facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 23, 2010, 12:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Azhar was a very ordinary captain. One reason why his record was the best at that time was Tendulkar. Tendulkar was in prime form when Azhar was captain an won a lot of matches from impossible situations.

Besides, towards the second half of his captaincy, started his infamous affair with Sangeeta Bijlani. He used to bring Bijlani inside the players dressing room and the romance of the duo was not exactly the best way to motivate players in the middle of a match. He was an idiot.

Anyways, back on topic, captain clever is back and its business as usual. I have a feeling that we will win this one by an innings and 100 runs.
No dude , I think Azhar was the one who started the transformation of the Indian team from an ordinary bunch of cricketers to world beaters.We were lucky to have Ganguly and Dhoni follow what he started.

Old January 23, 2010, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
No dude , I think Azhar was the one who started the transformation of the Indian team from an ordinary bunch of cricketers to world beaters.We were lucky to have Ganguly and Dhoni follow what he started.
not really, India's test performance took a nosedive in the 90's if memory serves right. we had some sporadic successes at the same or lower level than say, 80's when we actually won important tournaments like the WC and benson&hedges trophy. in 70's and 80's we had started becoming competitive overseas, we lost that completely in 90's.
we won only on spinning tracks at home .
azhar himself was a good cricketer but an average tactician and a poor leader. the team had absolutely no steel in those days.
Old January 23, 2010, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

He brought Bijlani begum to Dhaka once. Gen Ershad was eyeing her up the whole time during the match!
Old January 23, 2010, 01:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
I am not saying it because what Dhoni just said about us, I said it before: Dhoni is the best Indian Captain. I was one of the guys who used to dislike Dhoni, especially when he had the long hair which even seduced the Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, but now a days I admire Dhoni for his captaincy skill and his ability to lead from front at the time of crisis.

In my book, best captains are the ones who are attacking, aggressive and can lead from front.
Whats wrong with long hair?
Old January 23, 2010, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
not really, India's test performance took a nosedive in the 90's if memory serves right. we had some sporadic successes at the same or lower level than say, 80's when we actually won important tournaments like the WC and benson&hedges trophy. in 70's and 80's we had started becoming competitive overseas, we lost that completely in 90's.
we won only on spinning tracks at home .
azhar himself was a good cricketer but an average tactician and a poor leader. the team had absolutely no steel in those days.
I think the whole Sharjah affair of the Eighties and Nineties set India back for reasons now well known. The post Sharjah period is where India truely became a unit. Arrival and maturation of Ganguly just gave it another boost.

Azhar, for all his issues, was a magician with the bat. He hit the biggest six I have ever seen In Bangabandhu Stadium. That is a long field. He hit Saqlain so straight, the timing was so mesmerizing, that not a single soul moved until it crashed on the upper deck.
Old January 23, 2010, 08:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Whats wrong with long hair?
mostan mostan lage ari....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 23, 2010, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
He brought Bijlani begum to Dhaka once. Gen Ershad was eyeing her up the whole time during the match!
during independence cup right ? the one where Ind chased 314 against pak and ganguly scored a 100 ?
azhar was a magician with the bat, sad that he went over to the dark side ! what wrists he had ! I remember a shot he played against lance klusener at eden (klusener was a genuine quick bowler back then) from well outside the off stump. there was just a swish of his wrists and the very next camera shot had the ball near the mid-wicket boundary ! no one moved !
he is a member of parliament now.
Old January 26, 2010, 02:11 AM
Street Cricketer

Default RE

i just hope Dhoni the teams Heart gets well soon....i'll b more glad 2 have my Captain Cool play by the boys....without pressure....besides that....Go India.........rule the ground n "Show 'em how its done".........!!!!!!! Best Wishes......All the Best.......!! Luv U lots..!
Old January 26, 2010, 08:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Now Bd captain can say we can't take 20 wicket cause india doesn't have 20 wickets... lol can shadat do it to shebhag?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled