facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 19, 2004, 07:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Aussiebloke & ghor_jamai talk

If we talk about being brutally honest about the state of our cricket, then lets talk about the ability of our current cricketers. We more or less agree that they have telent, but they lack the technical expertise to shine in top cricket. The areas in which they lag are:
(a) Footwork
(b) inability to negotiate balls in fast, bouncy tracks
(c) maturity to hang in there and not throw away their wickets
(d) concentration
(e) fielding
(f) ability to bowl out oppositions

Now these are basics traits in cricket. Do the players have these traits? We all know about the repeated failures of our batsmen: Golla getting regularly LBW, Asharful getting out fishing outside his offstamp, Bashar's inability to stay away from hooking or pulling, lack of proper concentration etc. Every time we play, we are short of 3/4 wickets in the first 10 overs. Now this has to be addressed before everything else. Why would ICC listen to what we have to say unless we pay attention to these issues. Our work should speak for us. We dont have to beg ICC to let us play, rather we should let our game speak for itself.

Now I would like to know what BCB and Dav Whatmore has done to address these issues.
(i) What is being done to address the basic technical fault of each player? Does Dav Whatmore have any programme where every batsmen is shown the correct technique? Do we need a batting coach for that? Dav Whatmore maybe a very good coach, but maybe what we need is a batting coach to help individual players with their batting.
(ii) What is being done to improve our fielding? Is there any plan whatsoever?
(iii) What plans BCB has to search new bowling talents?

I believe it is time BCB answered these questions instead of keeping us in the dark. Unless we straighten our own house, we will be all talk.....and no one...I mean no one will pay any attention to what we have to say. Respect is something one earns, no one gives it to him.
Old September 19, 2004, 08:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Aussiebloke;

I think you have missed the point of this thread. The idea was to "chip in", otherwise, "do whatever is possible within your control." All the questions you have raised are valid ones. But you can't do anything about those. To begin with you don't even live in Bangladesh (I am assuming from yur nickname). So if you think you won't serve any purpose by writing to ICC perhaps you can write a letter to BCB asking all the questions that you have raised here. I think that would be a fair contribution to the cause.
Old September 19, 2004, 08:35 PM
Club Cricketer

I thought "chip in" "let's invite the BCB officials to be more open with us" was what I was doing by asking the BCB to comment on what measures it has taken to address different issues. The questions were raised with the belief that someone from BCB may be reading these posts.
Old September 19, 2004, 08:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Aussiebloke;

Please don't take this personally. "Chip in" does not mean sitting in my couch and lecturing and thus expceting the world would change. Many of us in this board do that so I don't want to isolate you but here's a fair question: Did you really believe in your heart what you post here is going to get answered by BCB?

Once again, the intent is not to corner you but what I am trying to do is get many to be more active in chipping in. If you can't rise to this occassion you have no right to blame BD players. At the end of the day they are sharing the shame and not you because you are comfortable being the "aussiebloke" and not a bangali. Can you live with that?

Edited on, September 20, 2004, 1:48 AM GMT, by ghor_jamai.
Old September 19, 2004, 08:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Unfortunately that was a very very personal remark. Sorry that you have to resort to such remarks. I thought people like you didnot resort to personal attacks. I was wrong. What right I have to criticize BD? The criticisms that I made are not biased, but for the good of our country. Its not just your country, its mine too.
Old September 19, 2004, 09:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Aussiebloke;

As I said, you have every right to criticize. But, all I am requesting is chip in. critisizing without being constructive will only bring harm to our cricket today. We are at a very difficult point in our history. If I have come harsh I do apologize and one corrected line from my quote above:

At the end of the day they (the BD team players) are sharing the shame and not you or I because you and I are comfortable being the "aussiebloke" or ghor_jamai and not a bangali. Can you (or I) live with that?

I hope that rectifies some of the pain.
Old September 19, 2004, 09:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Apology accepted. Thanks.
Old September 20, 2004, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

ok, What is this. I dont understand what you guys are doing.
Old September 20, 2004, 01:32 AM
Cricket Legend

oh sorry i get it its from another thread my mistake.