facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 18, 2012, 11:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Best of luck for your first match thread ever, bro.

Old November 18, 2012, 11:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The best BD XI, IMO:

1. Junaid Siddique
2. Nazza! (C)
3. Shahriar Nafees (VC)
4. Rocky!
5. Mehrab Hossain "Junior"
6. Md. Mithun Ali (WK)
7. Sohrawardi ShuVo
8. Faisal Hossain "Decans"
9. Md. Ashraful Motin
10. Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib
11. Abul Hossain Raju
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 19, 2012, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Cholen amra shobai ettu dom nei... eder kichhudin follow na kori.. dekhi ki hoi
Old November 19, 2012, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

It should change the squad dropping Junaid and including Anamul. But we have no option without rearranging the players. We should try Nafees in opening and include Sunny or Junaid in #3.
Old November 19, 2012, 02:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim

since juanieed and nafees are worthless , i will still give another chance to junaieed but not the betrayer nafees , we should go with 5 bowlers the 14 we have we can't choose better team than this

1#tamim
2#junaieed
3#naeem
4#riad
5#sakib
6#nasir
7#musfiq
8#gazi
9#shaddat
10#rubel
11#abul
Old November 19, 2012, 02:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

They should consider getting rid off Junaid and Nafees.
Old November 19, 2012, 03:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
2nd Test: Bangladesh vs Wes indies at Khulma (Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium)
really???
Old November 19, 2012, 03:19 AM
Banned

pessimistic sissy fans. wake up n support your country instead of being self-defeatists.
Old November 19, 2012, 03:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

It seems pitch of Khulna is a batting paradise. If we can bat first it would be great. We have to bat first and make a decent total. Then our bowlers can do there job.
Old November 19, 2012, 03:40 AM
Test Cricketer

When the 14 man squad will be announced ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 19, 2012, 04:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Here is my team for 2nd Test :
1. Tamim
2.. Nafees (yes I still with him)
3. Naeem
4. Nasir
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Riad
8.Gazi
9.Sunny
10. Rubel
11. Abul / Nazmul
Please no shahadat, I hate to see such a waste of energy in the field.
Old November 19, 2012, 05:46 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Everyone needs to stop pushing Naeem up the order, just STOP! Why? Tell me why he should bat higher than last time? "We don't have a solid #3# is not a good enough reason, b/c we have had trouble with number 4.
Old November 19, 2012, 06:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i think probably put junaid at #3 since that's where he performed his best so far in his test career, as an opener he averages 16.92 in 13 innings, as a #3 he averages 32.26 in 23 innings which includes his one and only test century so really if junaid plays he should play at #3.

nazimuddin should get the 2nd opener spot, SN isn't up to test cricket and even though i don't think nazimuddin has the technique he has proved consistent domestically (even if it's in the middle order) and he was the 2nd test opener in the previous series so give him another chance since he scored ok.

keep naeem at #4, let's make him the permanent #4 as long as he's scoring. i really think mominul or anamul should be the #3 atm but they're not in the squad so obviously they won't be playing.
Old November 19, 2012, 06:51 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

You just gotta question the squad selection when players like Anamul don't make the cut and Sunny doesn't make the team. The way the pacers are bowling, I would play just two of them (Rubel and Nazmul) and play Anamul for SN and Nazmul for Shahadat.

I like Silversurf's team above.... but time to unleash the anamul

1. Tamim
2. Anamul (give him a long run at it)
3. Nasir
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Riad
8.Gazi
9.Sunny
10. Rubel
11. Nazmul

I said in 2010 that BD management need to develop new fast bowling all rounders like Dollar. Still nothing on the horizon.
Old November 19, 2012, 06:58 AM
Cricket Guru

nazmul should have always been in the XI and rubel is the best developing pacer we've got atm in terms of pace, ability to improve, weapons and experience (not that he has much but he has more than others). interested to see how sajidul does for the rest of the season because back when he played for the national team he did have good pace and could swing the ball and he's started the current NCL season well.

as far as fast bowling allrounders i guess alauddin is the new promsing one who has jumped the ranks recently. though ziaur is favoured by the selectors.
Old November 19, 2012, 07:14 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
You just gotta question the squad selection when players like Anamul don't make the cut and Sunny doesn't make the team. The way the pacers are bowling, I would play just two of them (Rubel and Nazmul) and play Anamul for SN and Nazmul for Shahadat.

1. Tamim
3. Nasir
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Riad
8.Gazi
9.Sunny
10. Rubel
11. Nazmul

I said in 2010 that BD management need to develop new fast bowling all rounders like Dollar. Still nothing on the horizon.
Pont bhai, if you were still our coach, do you think the bowling department would be performing better?

No disrespect to SJ.
Old November 19, 2012, 07:20 AM
Cricket Guru

wow nasir at 3, don't think many have suggested that, he does have the temperament though. however i think i'd prefer to see mominul get a chance at #3, have anamul open and nasir can have riyad's spot at #7. then i think they should stick with that line-up for awhile so they get a few games together and become a strong unit. biggest for the batting are #2 and #3, so the sooner anamul and mominul get in there (or if nasir can do the #3 job then that's great to) the better and the sooner the team can build themselves into that strong batting unit.
Old November 19, 2012, 08:47 AM
Cricket Guru

I like the squad suggested by Ian.

Anamul has been in top form for last couple of months. It's high time to give him a debut in longer format. Home series is the best option for that.

Anamul couldn't make it in the longer version due to the incompetency of the selectors. I am afraid the selectors will bring him in for ODI series. Anamul is yet to find his rhythm in limited over games. He averages only 16.28 in List A where he averages more than 45 in FC matches.

Our selectors doesn't understand that. I am pretty much sure we will see him in ODI series. Poor Anamul!!
Old November 19, 2012, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
wow nasir at 3
It's not a bad idea. Ideally, I'd like to see Nasir continue at #7 provided that we find a suitable #3. But that isn't going to happen, so screw that. I support what Ian has done here picking 7 batsmen, both Gazi and Sunny and Nazmul instead of SRK. If 7 batsmen can't get the job done, 8 can't. Would be nice to get to a point where we can play someone as good as Nasir at #7, but who am I kidding.

Actually, that's right, who am I kidding? Regardless of who you pick, he's probably going to be another idiot in a pool of idiots who will contribute to more humiliation for us.
Old November 19, 2012, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
pessimistic sissy fans. wake up n support your country instead of being self-defeatists.
Nothing pathetic about it. Fan ra joog er por joog support korse. Bohut hoise. Ekhon straight baash marar time. Maair na khaile/galigalaj na shunle Bangali kaam kore na.
Old November 19, 2012, 09:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Nothing pathetic about it. Fan ra joog er por joog support korse. Bohut hoise. Ekhon straight baash marar time. Maair na khaile/galigalaj na shunle Bangali kaam kore na.
Gali gulo beshi deya dorkar BCB'r bolod gulo re. Player ra to bolod gulor by product.
Old November 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I probably just like any other Bangladesh supporter was disappointed that Bangladesh blew it away in the last test I mean the win let alone the draw was there for the taking but overall they did honestly played well especially since their last test was almost a year.

As for this second and final test match, we need to make sure that the pitch is not as flat as the last one otherwise you are most likely expected to expect the same thing. Bangladesh players are much better playing spin than pace so it would be the safest of option so that it will at least give us a chance.

About the squad for the second test match, it will still remain the same but this is how I will select the best 11 just to shape it up a bit:

01.Tamim Iqbal
02.Shahriar Nafees
03.Nasir Hossain (might as well test it have nothing to lose)
04.Naeem Islam
05.Saqibul Hasan
06.Mushfiqur Rahim
07.Mahmudullah Riyad
08.Sohag Gazi
09.Elias Sunny
10.Rubel Hossain
11.Abul Hasan (Might as well as a test who knows? he might do far better than Shahadat Hossain)

Honestly, I still do not understand why Bangladesh are giving so many chances to players like Shahadat, Junaed Siddique etc because they have not really learnt from their past mistakes and its time to move on and groom young players like Anamul Haque.

Last edited by MyRoom; November 19, 2012 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Extra.
Old November 19, 2012, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont

1. Tamim
3. Nasir
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Riad
8.Gazi
9.Sunny
10. Rubel
11. Nazmul

Don't you think putting Nasir at #3 is too high coach? He does have his fair share of problems against pace bowling. Then again SN and Junaid are also clueless against pacers. So may not be a bad idea. Also I agree, Anamul should've been playing in this Test match. We need to find suitable top order batsmen fast. No point of waiting around. SN and Junaid are not long term answers.

Also agree with your bowling lineup. Despite a worse average, Rubel is the better bowler compared to Shahadat. You don't need stats to prove that. Just watch both of them and you'll know who is the better bowler.
Old November 19, 2012, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Batting at #7, Nasir will face his share of old ball as well as new ball bowling, not to mention spin. Actually, anyone who aspires to become a good Test batsman will have to learn to bat in phases against spin and pace, be it new ball or old ball. So the argument of picking/not picking someone for a particular position based on what kind of bowling they are more comfortable facing I think doesn't apply as much in Tests as it does in the shorter versions. That's the beauty of Test cricket - you have a thousand different scenarios to bat in and must be able to thrive in all.

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; November 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM..
Old November 19, 2012, 10:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Batting at #7, Nasir will face his share of old ball as well as new ball bowling, not to mention spin. Actually, anyone who aspires to become a good Test batsman will have to learn to bat in phases against spin and pace, be it new ball or old ball. So the argument of picking/not picking someone for a particular position I think doesn't apply as much in Tests as it does in the shorter versions. That's the beauty of Test cricket - you have a thousand different scenarios to bat in and must be able to thrive in all.
Agreed. This is why our players struggle in Tests. They might be good in 1 skill but in another skill they are weak. They aren't well rounded enough which is why you might see them doing well 2-3 days but not a full 5 days.