facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 10, 2009, 02:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Open Letter to Mr. Gazi Ashraf Lipu

Dear Lipu Bhai
I respect you very much for your contribution as an ex-player and as an ex-captain. You are currently serving the country as an administrator of our national cricketing body as well. I am sorry to say that I really can't rate you high enough as a good cricket administrator.

When caretaker govt reformed BCB in 2007 we thought that the golden era of our cricket has just started. Bangladesh team performed well in the WC 2007. Our current coach, Jammie Siddons was appointed mainly due to your interest on him. Md Ashraful was appointed as the new captain for the team. A lot of discussions were running about the reformation of whole cricketing system in Bangladesh. As a director of the board you showed good intend to develop our cricket to stand up tall besides the other test playing countries. We thought you are the man.

SInce then we saw no development in practical sense in our cricket system. You need to understand that quality international players are the products of a good competitive cricketing system. Works needed to be done by hard works not by talks.

Adequate ground fascilities with different kinds of wickets are needed to develop to make the players accustomed with different conditions. Some stadiums needs to be developed with fast bouncy wickets while some should have traditional sub-continental slow wickets. The board promised for decentralization of cricket forming seperate regional bodies. We saw no progress. May I ask you why?

Your current board has chosen one of the worst possible choices as the selectors. These selectors thinks that 25+ aged players are too old and should not be given any chance in the national team. While the opposite is true as this is the age when a player starts getting real productive. Can you tell me why these bunch of jokers are still there as selectors to ruin our cricket to ashes?

Bangladesh got the honor of co-hosting WC 2011. Rather than working with the fascilities and other necessary stuffs your board is busy to get Bangabandhu Stadium for the opening ceremony. May I ask you why? This is the stadium BCB willingly handed over to foot ball.

When our team failed to win a single match in the T20 world cup, you had been busy with playing the blame game. May I ask you why?

Can you give me only a single answer please? WHY ARE YOU STILL HOLDING YOUR POST? HOW DO YOU DESERVE IT?
----
Warwolf
A Sincere Fan of Bangladesh Cricket

Last edited by WarWolf; July 11, 2009 at 01:23 AM..

Old July 10, 2009, 03:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Great!

I've got so many to say..Just after BD innings...
Old July 10, 2009, 03:46 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

great WarWolf bhai
Old July 10, 2009, 07:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Siddons contribution to this team is nada. Simply, he isnt headcoach material. I remember he took a cheap shot at the last regime (Dav Whatsore) when took up his tenure. Siddons mentioned they only worked for short term gain. I dont dare to speak for every fan but I, personally, would say Siddons has undone some of the good work done by previous management. Instead of going forward, we are going backward. If we cant beat Ireland everytime we play them- regardless of the format- we should really have a rethink about our progress curve.

For me, with all due respect, Siddons is all mouth no actions. He loves to highlight his contribution by citing bat backlift and cut shot (Ash) and all that. Which is very laughable, indeed. Enough said.

Lipu and useless and incompetent selectors must go too. I simply cant understand in the Test format how could they prefer a bits n bobs player (Ryad) over a genuine batter who can also bowl a bit- Nayeem. Do they really think our domestic FC circuit is better than a Srilankan tour where Nayeem was the top run getter, averaging over 45. I rate Ryad also but he has serious batting flaws against decent pace attack. It should be very obvious to all the people who knows cricket. Ryad might be good choice for ODIs but NOT Tests...

PS: how many moon will it take Siddons to rectify his favourite Junaids basic footwork blunders?

Last edited by BanCricFan; July 11, 2009 at 07:11 AM..
Old July 10, 2009, 07:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Dearest Sadi (Warwolf) bhai,
This is an excellent open letter to Gazi Ashraf bhai and we the people of BD and BD cricket fans, we need to know a lot of these forever unanswered legit questions! Thank you Sadi bhai for writing it.
How come we don't have fast/bouncy/sporty pitch condition in any of the BD cricket grounds, even though we have been screaming and shouting and pointing out this very fundamantal basic lack in BD cricket infrastructure for years!!!?
How come? Where are my bouncy pitches?
Old July 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Very good thoughts WarWolf bhaiya, but I doubt Lipu or even BCB would read this and even if they did I doubt they would listen to it. Our cricket will stay where it is if these morons keep running our cricket. Gazi Ashraf Lipu seems to talk really big with his bogus statements and blame games, but he always fails to do the right thing at the right time and most of the times he doesn't even bother doing anything about the problems we are facing in cricket. It wont even make much of a difference if this guy gets fired, because then we will find another incompetent and below par manager who will follow the same foot steps of the previous one.
Old July 10, 2009, 10:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Dear Lipu Bhai
I respect you very much for your contribution as an ex-player and as an ex-captain. You are currently serving the country as an administrator of our national cricketing body. I am sorry to say that I really can't rate you high enough as a good cricket administrator.

When caretaker govt reformed BCB in 2007 we thought that the golden era of our cricket has just started. Bangladesh team performed well in the WC 2007. Our current coach, Jammie Siddons was appointed mainly due to your interest on him. Md Ashraful was appointed as the new captain for the team. A lot of discussions were running about the reformation of whole cricketing system in Bangladesh. As a director of the board you showed good intend to develop our cricket to stand up tall besides the other test playing countries. We thought you are the man.

SInce then we saw no development in practical sense in our cricket system. You need to understand that quality international players are the products of a good competitive cricketing system. Works needed to be done by hard works not by talks.

Adequate ground fascilities with different kinds of wickets are needed to develop to make the players accustomed with different conditions. Some stadiums needs to be developed with fast bouncy wickets while some should have traditional sub-continental slow wickets. The board promised for decentralization of cricket forming seperate regional bodies. We saw no progress. May I ask you why?

Your current board has chosen one of the worst possible choices as the selectors. These selectors thinks that 25+ aged players are too old and should not be given any chance in the national team. While the opposite is true as this is the age when a player starts getting real productive. Can you tell me why these bunch of jokers are still there as selectors to ruin our cricket to ashes?

Bangladesh got the honor of co-hosting WC 2011. Rather than working with the fascilities and other necessary stuffs your board is busy to get Bangabandhu Stadium for the opening ceremony. May I ask you why? This is the stadium BCB willingly handed over to foot ball.

When our team failed to win a single match in the T20 world cup, you had been busy with playing the blame game. May I ask you why?

Can you give me only a single answer please? WHY ARE YOU STILL HOLDING YOUR POST? HOW DO YOU DESERVE IT?
----
Warwolf
A Sincere Fan of Bangladesh Cricket

front page article. love it
Old July 10, 2009, 10:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
This is an excellent open letter to Gazi Ashraf bhai and we the people of BD and BD cricket fans, we need to know a lot of these forever unanswered legit questions! Thank you Sadi bhai for writing it.

i have one question: how do u guys know each other's real name? i thought we are all cyber.
Old July 10, 2009, 10:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

There are some secret "Khaibar" passes grind inside this open Cyber.
Old July 10, 2009, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Wish Lipu will ever read this letter.
Old July 10, 2009, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

very well written warwolf bhaiya.. you deserve this-

and siddons and lipu deserve this-

GET
Old July 10, 2009, 11:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Sorry but Lipu doesn't know how to read/write. So don't waste your valuable time in writing to him.
Old July 10, 2009, 11:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Siddons contribution to this team is nada. He isnt a simply headcoach material. I remember he took a cheap shot at the last regime (Dav Whatsore) when he took up his tenure. He mentioned they only worked for short term gain. I dont dare to speak for every fan but I, personally, would say Siddons has undone some of the good work by previous management. Instead of going forward, we are going backward. If we cant beat Ireland everytime we play the- regardless of the format- we should really rethought our progress curve.

For me, with all due respect, Siddons is all mouth no actions. He loves to highlight his contribution by citing bat backlift and cut shot (Ash) and all that. Which is very laughable, indeed. Enough said.

Lipu and useless and incompetent selectors must go too. I simply cant understand in the Test format how could they prefer a bits n bobs player (Ryad) over a genuine batter who can also bowl a bit- Nayeem. Do the really think our domestic FC circuit is better than Srilankan tour where Nayeem was the top run getter, averaging over 45. I rate Ryad also but he has serious batting flaws against decent pace attack. It should be very obvious to all the people who knows cricket. Ryad might be good choice for ODIs but NOT Tests...

PS: how many moon it will take Siddons to rectify his favourite Junaids basic footwork blunders?
I'll say it again: someone who takes credit for everything he considers "good", however artfully spun or convoluted those claims may be, must also take responsibility the other way. Sid never does. Neither do the others. They're similar to most halal financial institutions here in Bangladesh. They "share profit" instead of charging interest, but never "loss". Not helping your "profit sharing partner's" operations with a solid and proactive business and management plan and oversight, and allowing him to fail in the process, is the easiest way the grab the targeted equity, mostly land and everything else, and move on to the next victim.

Great post BCF ...

I also appreciate the intent of the thread starter and his effort to speak to ultimately deaf ears.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 10, 2009 at 11:52 PM..
Old July 11, 2009, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Good post, WW bhai. But useless.
Old July 11, 2009, 03:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

He probably needs some closed (Personal Confidential) letter written in 'A' rated language.

Good post WW
Old July 11, 2009, 03:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Did Mr. Lipu get it yet??????
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old July 11, 2009, 03:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
i have one question: how do u guys know each other's real name? i thought we are all cyber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
There are some secret "Khaibar" passes grind inside this open Cyber.
I hope that would satisfy him...
Old July 11, 2009, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
How come we don't have fast/bouncy/sporty pitch condition in any of the BD cricket grounds, even though we have been screaming and shouting and pointing out this very fundamantal basic lack in BD cricket infrastructure for years!!!?
Just the topic of pitches is good enough to show the ineffectiveness of the current management. For how long have we known from every single bloody cricket guru that BD players are not accustomed to fast bouncy pitches? I guess since I came out of my mother. Whenever our teams goes away to other countries, the main thing that kills us more than anything else is the pitch we play in. For last whole decade, no measures have been taken to make some new pitches or reform the old ones or whatever, as if it's not a worry at all. Seriously, how long are we gonna deal with all these!
Old July 11, 2009, 05:33 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

সমরশিয়াল ভাই, সজাগ মানুষ যদি ঘুমের ভান করে থাকে, তাহলে সে মানুষকে ঘুম থেকে জাগানোর চেষ্টা করা বৃথা।
Old July 11, 2009, 06:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Lipu Bhai konomaute email-female chhrarha computer-fomputer, browsing-mouzing beshi korte bhalobashenna..
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 11, 2009, 07:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohel nr
lipu bhai konomaute email-female chhrarha computer-fomputer, browsing-mouzing beshi korte bhalobashenna..

সোহেল ভাই আজকে বাংলা লেখার মুডে-টুডে আছেন। বাংলা ফন্টে-মন্টে লেখেন প্লিজ-টিলিজ ।
Old July 11, 2009, 07:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu

সোহেল ভাই আজকে বাংলা লেখার মুডে-টুডে আছেন। বাংলা ফন্টে-মন্টে লেখেন প্লিজ-টিলিজ ।
I'll try it but my spelling is humiliating.
Old July 11, 2009, 07:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
...They're similar to most halal financial institutions here in Bangladesh. They "share profit" instead of charging interest, but never "loss". Not helping your "profit sharing partner's" operations with a solid and proactive business and management plan and oversight, and allowing him to fail in the process, is the easiest way the grab the targeted equity, mostly land and everything else, and move on to the next victim.
Interesting observations, Sohel.

By the way, Great post, WW!
Old July 11, 2009, 08:14 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Can Lipu read english?? Warwolf bhai try to write it in bangla font.
Old July 11, 2009, 11:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I wish Mr. Lipu would have answered my question. But I see no chance of this at all.