facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 17, 2012, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default New Year Resolution 2013

It's that time of the year again. I know 99% of you failed your goal made for the year 2012. Now it's time to look forward and forget the past.

You have few days to think and plan ahead. Don't make promises that you will not be able to keep.

So my resolution for the year 2013 is the start of my journey to become a Millionaire by 2015.

Current balance: 2 dollars
Goal: 1 million dollars
Time frame: 2 years and few days.

Good luck everyone.
Old December 17, 2012, 11:04 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

-Finish my music album
-lose weight by 5kg
-Stop spending money on gadgets
Old December 23, 2012, 10:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
-Finish my music album
Out of curiosity, what particular genre of music are you planning for the project?
Old December 17, 2012, 11:16 PM
Cricket Savant

fantasize <
Old December 17, 2012, 11:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I made no resolution last year and found the 2012 to be directionless as a result. That wasn't altogether a bad experience but I will make a few this year. I'm opting for the Mahmudullah Riyad approach this year and setting goals I can meet.

1) Sell one of my apartments and then put the money in my mom's FDR account so that she can retire.

2) Launch our collaborative cloud services venture providing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS for the agribusiness, garments and pharmaceutical sectors, and connect classrooms in Dhaka with classrooms all over rural Bangladesh.

3) Stay out of trouble in my political party without compromising my and the party's core values.

4) Work harder on my Adab, Quaeda and Rewaz.

5) Start getting back in shape.

6) Work on several film, art and literature projects.

7) Never forget to do the best I can whenever I'm doing something so that I'd never have to wonder whether I had done all that I could.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 19, 2012, 10:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I made no resolution last year and found the 2012 to be directionless as a result. That wasn't altogether a bad experience but I will make a few this year. I'm opting for the Mahmudullah Riyad approach this year and setting goals I can meet.

1) Sell one of my apartments and then put the money in my mom's FDR account so that she can retire.

2) Launch our collaborative cloud services venture providing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS for the agribusiness, garments and pharmaceutical sectors, and connect classrooms in Dhaka with classrooms all over rural Bangladesh.

3) Stay out of trouble in my political party without compromising my and the party's core values.

4) Work harder on my Adab, Quaeda and Rewaz.

5) Start getting back in shape.

6) Work on several film, art and literature projects.

7) Never forget to do the best I can whenever I'm doing something so that I'd never have to wonder whether I had done all that I could.
Funny how most people have this goal and mostly fail to achieve it (speaking from personal experience). Good luck
Old December 19, 2012, 11:29 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Funny how most people have this goal and mostly fail to achieve it (speaking from personal experience). Good luck
yeah..tell me about it!
Old December 28, 2012, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Because, all physical exercise programs are made for tomorrow....and it never comes... Make a plan for today, it will work...NOW is the best- Means decide and start immediately. ....

Works better if planned with GFs/BFs... Or Planned on places which gives a chance to meet prospective GFs/BFs... Or other attractions along with exercise... Like Golf works for beautiful place, Environment and if you drink, all in the same place... So plan exercise which connects you with your passion... May simply be playing a game that you are passionate about than planning to go gym or jogging... Plan evening times if you are a late sleeper, morning if you are an early riser... ... Swimming is very good exercise and pool is a good place to be too........

If there is will, there is a way...

(Easy to say than ....)
Old December 17, 2012, 11:44 PM
Cricket Sage

I like your number 7. I think it will help you achieve all 6 above it.
Old December 18, 2012, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Probably one of the most important years for me. Need to get admitted into a good university. Admission exams are getting really really competitive so have to study a lot. And the hardest part is, probably I'll have to miss a series or two of Bangladesh in the process(First time ever).
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old December 18, 2012, 04:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

2012 has been a really bumpy year for me. Especially over the past 2 months. Struggled at times. I just hope 2013 is a smooth year filled with enjoyment. Also i plan to really progress and do well in my studies.
Old December 18, 2012, 04:19 AM
Banned

Plan is to not change a freaking thing !
Old December 18, 2012, 09:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

good goals there sohel.

we need more participants. i bought my first lottery ticket to reach my goal....:p and zeeshan be quiet about ur lottery probability.... i will win the lottery because i believe in it.
Old December 18, 2012, 09:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Get a better job. Driving is very hard.
Old December 18, 2012, 11:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Do at least one good thing in every 2/3 days so at the year-end the list crosses 100.

Finish Ph.D., well I guess it is not goal anymore, I am supposed to finish in 2013, or the University won't give me the degree as maximum 10 year mark will be reached.
Old December 18, 2012, 11:38 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Do at least one good thing in every 2/3 days so at the year-end the list crosses 100.

Finish Ph.D., well I guess it is not goal anymore, I am supposed to finish in 2013, or the University won't give me the degree as maximum 10 year mark will be reached.
Is it part time? I thought only in UK(Max 7 years time limit), you can do part time PhD. Telling from my personal experience, I would not recommend to anyone if you have a full time job unless you are sponsored by your company and your PhD research is part of your job. Also better to do this in your twenties.

Old December 18, 2012, 11:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Is it part time? I thought only in UK(Max 7 years time limit), you can do part time PhD. Telling from my personal experience, I would not recommend to anyone if you have a full time job unless you are sponsored by your company and your PhD research is part of your job. Also better to do this in your twenties.
I was a full time Graduate Assistant when I started my Doctorate in Fall 2004. In Jan. 2006 I started my full-time job when all my course credits were finished and had a long 2-year gap of not taking any research credit. I started back in 2008 and since then North Dakota State due to having their unique ways mostly because having lot of part-timers from MicroSoft, allowed me to take distant research credits as many as I could manage while working. I have one more paper to go, six more credits to finish and all I have one Spring and a busy Summer left.
Old December 19, 2012, 07:14 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I was a full time Graduate Assistant when I started my Doctorate in Fall 2004. In Jan. 2006 I started my full-time job when all my course credits were finished and had a long 2-year gap of not taking any research credit. I started back in 2008 and since then North Dakota State due to having their unique ways mostly because having lot of part-timers from MicroSoft, allowed me to take distant research credits as many as I could manage while working. I have one more paper to go, six more credits to finish and all I have one Spring and a busy Summer left.
You definitely have some stamina. I definitely would not have finished had I joined the workforce before finishing.
Old December 21, 2012, 02:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
You definitely have some stamina. I definitely would not have finished had I joined the workforce before finishing.
I know bro. I have been doing this and sometimes cause frustration specially when you put extra efforts and end up with failure. When I was working on my Formal Methods paper while in Saint Paul I hardly had a weekend to spare in leisure. When the paper was not published as it received a weak acceptance I was so disheartened. We planned to rework it but never I could spend time on it as every time I will try I will be fuming on the unpaid off hard work.

Anyway, I also had 2 more year gaps in the journey that I did not mention earlier.
Old December 19, 2012, 12:11 AM
Cricket Sage

My goal is to win streak for cash. iDumb you should start playing this game. You have a better chance of winning this than the lottery. You have to make 27 correct picks in a row for all sorts of games- basketball, football, american football, volleyball, golf, sometimes even cricket. If you get 27 picks on a row right you win the stash for the month, which starts at 50K, and every month when someone doesn't win they keep adding 50K to the previous balance.
Old December 19, 2012, 01:13 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
My goal is to win streak for cash. iDumb you should start playing this game. You have a better chance of winning this than the lottery. You have to make 27 correct picks in a row for all sorts of games- basketball, football, american football, volleyball, golf, sometimes even cricket. If you get 27 picks on a row right you win the stash for the month, which starts at 50K, and every month when someone doesn't win they keep adding 50K to the previous balance.
hmm 27 in a row... considering two teams playing the probability of getting one result right is 1/2
so probability of getting 27 right is = (1/2) * (1/2) * (1/2)... = 1/134,217,734 or .000000745%
Old December 19, 2012, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Resolutions are kept for about a month or so, then you forgot you ever made any. I don't have any at the moment. I might come up with something by Jan. hmmm lets see maybe drink more water, cut down on pop/soda. Yeah...that is all for now. I will add to the list if I can come up with something I can actually keep.
Old December 19, 2012, 07:11 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

My New Year's Resolutions are not to have any.
Old December 19, 2012, 07:26 PM
Banned

2013 targets
- Get married
- Tone up, lose weight by 7kgs , get my wasit from 34" to 32"
- Cosplay as Drake from Uncharted game series at couple of conventions
- Meet Amanda Tapping and get her autogtraph and take a pic with her
- Go paintballing with friends in summer
- Buy Galaxy S2
- Get a new job ... in my current job, got tricked into working at a different site for 2 weeks and now I have been made perm. there and cannot go back to my old site where journey took less time, work was less and things were comfortable.
Old December 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
2013 targets
- Get married
- Tone up, lose weight by 7kgs , get my wasit from 34" to 32"
OMG... you are not married yet and you are already 34"? What is going to happen if you manage to get married in 2013? It will be 42".

You better change your target to 28" before you get married, that willl give you some buffer to eat freely in your Shosurbari without any reservation.